1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why I hesitate to play ACC, Why I don't spend more hours in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by kakusso, Jan 2, 2019.

1. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

The objective of this thread is to try to explain why so few are playing ACC. In AC even in early access there were more people playing it. So early access doesn't explain it all.
    1. My favorite tracks are tracks easy to overtake like Spa and Monza those are not yet present.
    2. The rating system is a bit intimidating given the fact that it is active not only in race but every time you are on track including practice.
    3. I can't see the cars behind which makes me apprehensive about having accidents as a consequence of that and losing rating score.
    4. There should be an option to have VR enable only in the track. I would like to be able to remove the VR glasses from time to time (between servers) like in Assetto Corsa.

grandepunto, mESCx, Shooter80 and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Replays sterring locked Jan 31, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Single player championship bug after 1.9.6 update Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Shocking screen unplayable Jan 20, 2024
    Bug reports Problemi volante raplay Jan 17, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Single player Lamborghini BOP Jan 13, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2023 Season Championship/Single Player Update? Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game instantly closes when pressed play Dec 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions If you play with gamepad Dec 21, 2023
    Console Lounge Bondone on Playstation ? Dec 21, 2023

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Roadmap is clear you know what you are getting in to when purchasing the game

You dont play because game is unfinished understandable. A lot of people are doing the same Just wait for the version 1.0 and then give it a shoot.

mr Switchblade and Freddie Seng like this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

1. As above re roadmap and EA, tracks will come as scheduled and most after official release.

2. Not sure whats so intimidating, its there to help you improve your own ability and also to give a better mp experience by being able to match you up with others that drive as you do. I think always rating people gives a better opportunity to grade people more accurately and so it will be able to match you up better with other similar drivers.

3. There really should be an option for virtual mirror in any view, with or without VR headsets too. Mirrors are critical for being able to drive in traffic so if you cant see mirrors I see how someone would be intimidated in traffic, not just rating wise but in MP its really not good for a majority of the field unable to see mirrors.

4. I don't use VR so no personal views on this, other then more options to customise the user experience is always good to be able to let more people run things as they like.

5. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I agree with this post in the fact that tracks have been named on roadmap, with Monza coming in February anyway. I also strongly agree about the rating, as the game is a serious sim, so people should take it that way. As for the mirror, I too do agree about that, especially for the Lamborghini which doesn't have a rear camera or mirror. This is a must. Finally, I do use VR, and find no issue using the headset to navigate. However, I think having the UI and HUD on your actual computer monitor needs to happen.

LazyJab likes this.
  6. Flavus

Flavus Racer

I don’t play it much because I just don’t get any fun out of it but I keep coming back to try the new updates each month. Maybe ACC is too demanding for me skill wise to set competitive times and to be honest AC1 is just so much fun that I cannot see me switching to ACC even when it is the finished product.

Slowbloke and djtopa like this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

It does though. Multiplayer hasn't even been properly implemented yet, it's also a bit buggy, so it makes perfect sense that people aren't online with the game. I've spent a lot of time with the sim over the Christmas break but only went online twice.

1. OK??
    2. You have a bit of a point in that you are always being judged and you could ruin it by having a friend play. It would be useful to turn it off for practice seasons. I don't think many would use that feature often because it would be a waste not to log what driving you do, but I can see a need for an off switch under certain conditions.
    3. The Lamborghini is particularly bad. I'm in VR so have pretty good awareness but that Lamborgini is blind. For the most part I just get used to whatever mirrors the cars have.
    4. Possibly a good idea, I could see it's value when friends are around again, it was very handy to be able to control that asspect for people who don't know what they're doing.

These are all early access issue though. It's pointless saying something on the way isn't here yet.

LeDude83 and After_Midnight like this.
  8. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I have started playing a bit more around 0.4.2 when the multiplayer race option became semi-functional. What holds me back in order of importance is the MP fatal errors, the lack of rating in MP and hence ****ty behaviour from a minority of people, the force feedback dullness regarding traction loss, rigid collision physics, lack of proper triple screen, weird TC-related spins at low speed when applying throttle and finality the lack of a "relative" HUD element.

I don't enjoy the non-MP mode at all because I dislike the ACC AI.

On the pro side: graphics, feel of the curbes, sounds, day/night, feel of the driving physics, so in short the general immersion.

9. +1 :cool:

10. Turk

Turk Alien

This FFB dullness is something I don't understand. I find it very detailed and communicative. While I think the car requires more work to keep it fast I think it's easier to understand what the car is doing.

The only TC issue I experienced was going from 1st to 2nd gear. I overcame it by just lifting slightly when changing into 2nd gear. I didn't assume that it was a bug. Maybe it is?

Jebus, jaxx_za, Ace Pumpkin and 4 others like this.
  11. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Yeah FFB is a hazy/personal preference area. There are a bunch of threads on this apready. Let's see :).

Regarding the low speed spin, I use autoshift for MP racing so I don't know exactly what happens, it's a sudden rev sound and then a uncatchable slow spin coming out a corner. It might be "realistic" I have no idea, its just not something I find an issue in AC or rf2.

12. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Who cares about the rating now? It will be reset.

Thug, Kopiller, Echo_29 and 7 others like this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

It happens to me coming out of slow corners when I change from 1st to 2nd while I have my foot planted to the floor, It's like I'm revving the engine between shifts and when 2nd engages it just spins the wheels for a second until TC kicks in. It's especially dangerous in wet conditions, so I'm just careful with full throttle in low gears.

It is possible to catch the slide, especially if you know it's coming.

If a car has a predictable behavior like that I just work around it.

14. sr bubbles

sr bubbles Gamer

Who says that?

15. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Thanks, that makes sense. Yeah my workaround is to be overly careful on throttle at the "known corners" (e.g. the last corner at Paul Ricard). Im not good enough to catch this, it's easily the nr 1 reason for me to spin. It's annoying in MP because under pressure you are tempted to floor earlier and then you take out the person next to you with the stupid spin.

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@Minolin

17. Turk

Turk Alien

It would probably be easier to deal with if you were in control of when the gear changes. The more steering angle you have the worse the kick is, so having control over gear changes would allow you to minimize the problem. If it's a bug (I'm not sure that it is) we'll only have to deal with it for a while.

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

after the first hours with the acc sound (love it, very important for me), the ffb (was really good from the first moment) and then buying a new graphics card (cause only around 30fps with the old 750) i was fallen in love and thought i will no longer touch ac. :)
    but then the new card made it possible to use triples with acceptable fps in ac! that was the killer for acc. the card was to make acc playable but it was the rebirth of ac! o_O:cool:
    since then ac was a new game for me - so much more immersion, much improvement in lap times and last but not least more fun. :)
    cruising transfagarasan or taking a random car and enjoying nords. :cool::cool:
    only ~50 hours in acc and in the same time more than double with ac. :rolleyes:
    with triple support for acc i dont know what will happen.
    cause better ffb, sound, night an rain are teasing me - but single screen is boring now.
    sad, but true. :(

Tim Meuris likes this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The only thing that keeps me from playing more ACC is that I lack the time due to job/family/friends/my attempt to keep my sports life going :p

Seriously: point 2 is one of the big plus points for ACC. It shows a good deal of confidence on Kunos side to realize their vision of a sim. It's still a pretty soft way of teaching people racing etiquette. If you want to run around crashing offline it's actually not unlikely that you'll crash online, too.

20. Turk

Turk Alien

I could see why AC would be more appealing if you've just upgraded to triples. AC and ACC are two different kind of sims though. AC is a driving sim, you can go for a relaxing drive in the countryside if you so wish. You can't do that in ACC, it's a racing sim. There's nothing relaxing about it.

I fully expect ACC to find a solution to the triples dilemma.

I've only been able to put 24 hours into ACC so far, I'd put in more if I could but my sim rig doesn't have a permanent home at the moment. So it's only long weekends and holidays I can go driving.

I fully planned to play AC and rFactor 2 over the Christmas, but I just got sucked into learning tracks in ACC and doing the special events. I play in VR. I just find the driving so addictive at times and I've never been so consistent in a sim.

p.g.49, doamf, LeDude83 and 4 others like this.
  21. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I know...early access etc etc. Still I think there is a problem to a not really functioning multiplayer. A lot of people don't enjoy it because of crashes (fatal errors) or lack of seriousness due to bugs like the totally messed up race start. So I'm wondering how Kunos is getting realistic information about server traffic when only a little part of ACC owners actually play it? As soon as the multiplayer is fully fixed/released there will be much more traffic and I guess we're gonna face some downtime and latency issues again :/
    So I'd really love to help gathering information by playing but due to my very limited free time it's just too frustrating und not serious enough to spend more time into it and I think a bunch of people feel the same. Still I'm really hoping for every future update to fix essential things to make the experience worth the spent time.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.