1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

To all Rift users: does one of you also have a double dashboard at the bottom in Oculus Home? I don‘t know how to get rid of it. Just doesn‘t seem right.

2. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

My guess is that @Andrew_WOT is the best man to help you, you might even find your answers in this thread:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/samsung-odyssey-plus.52619/
    as it relates to you particular VR goggles.
    Don't worry with the hardware you have we will get you going at 90fps.:)

4. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

Thank you for your help, I was reading the post below but for now, anything works...

Im sure we will rock AC at 90fps, I hope so I mean...

Thank you again

5. (Quoted original story.)

Yesterday I bit the bullet and did complete system re-install. So far everything else works perfectly with most recent drivers but AC won't run in Oculus Rift-mode. SteamVR-mode is working perfectly.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

You still having AC running on oculus home screen?

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  7. If I understood correctly, yes I still have Oculus Home running on HMD when I'm already in the paddock. Tracking works perfectly and the 2d image on monitor looks like it should be.

8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

That sucks. Well thanks for helping me learn that reinstall won't fix my issue.

9. I've narrowed it down to Content Manager. I can get Oculus mode launching properly from vanilla launcher if I change the rendering mode to OpenVR, then launch the game, then back to menu to set the Oculus mode and it's working.

Edit: I got it fixed!
    Backup your AssettoCorsa.exe and Content Manager.exe. Then rename your Content Manager.exe -> AssettoCorsa.exe. Launch it and have fun.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    St3fan and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. isamu

isamu Racer

So....no one's got their hands on a Pimax yet?

11. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Some guys playing Onward has them but can't be convinced to try AC or ACC :(

12. BATINA74

BATINA74 Racer

Works fantastic ..stem ss around 140-180, but now....... everything is 1000x more beautiful, colorful, clearly,completely free of blur. the shadows are full without distorsion. You see 10-kilometers forward a rabbit with ears:Dnow.

I CAN NOT STAY BELIEVE. IT IS LIKE IF SOMEONE CHANGED MY 980TI WITH RTX TITAN:cool::)

COMFIRMED Racing GAMAS....ALL WHY I TRY.
    Project cars 1-2....i use 60 Hz---work smooth and great
    Race Room
    Assetto corsa competizione
    Dirt Rally..little ;heavy picture;(work with revive)
    Assetto corsa 90Hz

And all other games now work better and looks incredible...
    I was convinced that this is the graphic limit of the current generation vr
    but one single click from 1 to 2 can change this world:eek:;):)

ElPueblo likes this.
  13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I gave it a try yesterday and it seemed to work! Thanks.

14. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

FWIW, Sweviver did a huge test session of many games.
    Check out this video, at 2:02:00. Looks like it runs well even with the large fov:

There is also a recent impression in this video, based on CES 2019 where Pimax was present. Check the description for when they start talking about Pimax.

The guy gives some pros and cons, but basically says it's impossible for him to go back to lower fov now that he's used it for a bit.
    The Pimax is looking a bit more interesting to me now that eye-tracking (foveated rendering) and brainwarp is on the way. Will be interesting to follow.

mms likes this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not everything is rosy though

16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I don't see anyone claiming anything is rosy. :)

17. GrimGreener

GrimGreener Rookie

I just posted in an other thread about the pimax. Tl;Dr get your order in ;)

Slightly longer version... I was never impressed with SIM racing on Vive or rift (despite being a VRangelist and setting up a VRcade in 2017).

But the Pimax has won me over. I've spent the weekend finishing off my VR room so I'll be putting in some serious hours now. Last night I had a run on the Ring in a 919... for the first time ever I got round without hitting the barriers as I could sense what speed I was doing.

Have you ever noticed in a real world car driving down a road you don't know you don't approach a 3rd gear 60mph corner at 130mph in 6th. You see the line and feel your speed is too fast and brake. Up till now looking at a monitor or even the Vive... you don't get that perpheral vision which tells you this is too fast. Last night i was hitting the blind crests at 250kmh thinking F### me this is insane. With a couple of wheel in grass moments my 2nd lap was almost clean. Still a long way short of 5:19 at 8:03 lol, but gives me room to improve.

Never bothered with the Ring much as I had a phobia from my PS3 days of spending most of the time facing the wrong way against the Armco. What I mean by that... is my second flying lap was basically done in a car that's insanely fast on a track I don't know, and I didn't crash out. That's my confirmation on immersion.

When I finally finished my hot lap I was sweating, buzzing with Adrenaline and a new respect for Timo Bernhard.

Ps 90fps on a i5 7600k (base clock) RTX2080 and as yet stock 4000Mhz RAM, But running at base 2666. I wanted to play not spend a week rebooting my PC ;) Only finished the PC build a week ago.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    chksix, BATINA74 and paul_wev like this.
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

You mean you get 90 FPS with a Pimax and an i5 7600k??
    Which Pimax? Which FOV?
    I mean, I struggle with ACC with an i7 7600k with a Rift, and people told me in another thread that I would have to upgrade my CPU for 90 FPS in VR.
    You say you get 90 FPS with slower CPU and a VR-Headset which has much higher resolution? I‘m confused now! Or did I read something wrong?

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I do not think more powerful CPU is going to save ACC, but GrimGreener was talking about AC, 90 FPS is easy with that one, even with SOL and Shaders.

20. GrimGreener

GrimGreener Rookie

It does have an RTX2080 in the box which helps a bit ;) Running fpsVR was showing CPU down in the 50s and 60s% while GPU was up in the 70s, so there more to squeeze out of it yet.
    Note this was normal mode in the Pimax5k+ which trims the edges which are distorted anyway. Left pimax at render quality 1 and steam VR SS at default, which IIRC was something like 2700x1600 ish per eye.
    I'm going to do some videos eventually but having fun just playing at the mo ;)
    I have seen the pimax dropping down into 70fps on some tracks maybe the ring is better as its not got long views, just a lot of trees.

Edit... key difference... I'm using Good OL AC not ACC yet.