1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why I hesitate to play ACC, Why I don't spend more hours in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by kakusso, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Why i dont drive much in ACC Early Access:

1. I can drive in AC.
    During AC's early access phase i endured the changing tire models, the basic multiplayer, ect. because driving in AC gave me more driving-pleasure than the other titles did. Lots of properly simulated road cars could not be found in any other sim.

2. Triple screen support.
    This is very important for me.
    Once you experienced looking at both opponents in the middle of a
    "three wide situation", at the same time, while still focussing on your turn in point, without even turning your head, you simply cant go back to single screen.
    (From 180° back to warped 54°/fisheye fov)

3. I need to wait until 1.0
    to see, if the competitive aspect
    (matchmaking, strategy, netcode)
    and improved simulation
    (tires, aero, track conditions)
    are so important for me that i want to upgrade my PC, for "only GT3 racing"*

*all GT3 cars in my AC installation have been driven for a handful of laps, collecting virtual dust ever since.

2. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

It has to be down to individual systems. Although I haven't tried MP yet, I've yet to have a problem racing in single player mode to the point where I haven't used AC since ACC was available.

jaxx_za and D.Jankovic like this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

I remember cars warping all over the place, flying off into the sky, all sorts of errors. There was so much whining it put an end to developers being able to talk openly to to the people in EA.

4. It wasn't good, but was it really that bad?
    Here is a vid of me racing against people on the other side of the globe on day 3 of alpha MP debut.

Car movements were decently ugly, but still appears to be a better experience than what I am reading about with ACC.

Same alpha MP build:

Again, not the smoothest car movements by any means, but nobody disconnected or flew wildly through the air.

(pretty sure that the devs haven't been in radio silence since 2014......

-------------
    Anyways, for whatever reason ACC doesn't hold my interest for more than a handful of minutes, really hope that changes with one of the updates.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

I have a video of a car flying off, I don't make videos either, this happened to me so regularly I was able to capture it.
    , I also remember people kicking up stink about collisions not being good enough with cars bouncing off each other and flying off the track.

I didn't really spend to much time in ACC multiplayer, the main multiplayer features aren't implemented I did notice cars crab driving around the track but they also had a ping of 500. There were issues loading the cars with another players car loading in the same place as mine, jarring in VR. Not sure what position I was in, so on. But I knew that would be the case on the first release of multiplayer, I'd have been beyond shocked if they'd manage to get it perfect on their first attempt.

Everything is on track and working out better than it did for AC as far as I can tell.

6. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm definitely putting my game on hold for now (mostly because of the crashes) and hopefully a lot of the physics bugs and d-sync will be properly addressed in the next update.

After_Midnight likes this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

ACC works...everything they mentioned in roadmap is there... multiplayer is BASIC as they mentioned not a single delay happened we got everything when it was ment to be released.. (i know one release was delayed 10hrs but it was there same day)

I personaly after last hotfix did not have any fatal errors played singleplayer races

8. Turk

Turk Alien

There's nothing wrong with doing that. It's not a finished game so you can only test what's available.

I found enough to keep me playing, especially since Paul Ricard, Hungaroring and Misano are new tracks to me, I had to learn them from scratch for this game so I had plenty of reason to keep playing.

9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Forum was messed up for me could not post or edit.. But i wanted to say to my post above..

After a hotfix i did not expirience any big problems no more fatal crashes did multiplayer sessions did races (yes they are buggy but so much fun when you start racing door to door) played singleplayer races amazing stuff..love the AI (yes AI also has small issues) but amazing stuff when it works. So far in all 4 releases i was happy..spent a lot of time on game and enjoying every moment of it. Like i mentioned in other post cant make people happy and it is totally understandable that people will not like the game at the moment but we all know and seen the roadmap we know what we are getting ourselfs in to.

10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Nearly 5 years have passed and it's natural that the early issues of AC EA are forgotten, but it had is share of issues that were solved updated after update.
    I removed the dust of some posts (from 2014) and this surfaced from the days of AC Early Access.

Early Access - Update 0.9 (and alpha multiplayer) - 05/2014
    Known Issues - Please check and report unknown issues at our official support forums
    - Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
    - Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
    - Steering wheels angles might be exaggerated, or inverted
    - Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
    - Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
    - Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
    - Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
    - Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
    - "Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
    - Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear
    - Race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Early access - update 0.21 -07/2014
    New Multiplayer
    We have worked very hard to improve the multiplayer routines: we have recognized that some of the limits of the previous netcode didn't allow gamers to get the maximum satisfaction, in particular when some gamers was performing high ping values. We are glad to announce that the netcode of the new version doesn't represent an improvement of the previous one, but it has been rewrote from scratch. The results of our private betatesting gave us an excellent feedback, and we are confident you will get a very improved multiplayer experience. Please notice that this new version, Assetto Corsa requires increased server bandwidth. Professional dedicated servers shouldn't have any problems at all, but users that wish to host session on their local home connection, should start with a very low client number and slowly raise the number until they find the limits of their connection.

And from AC RC 1.0.0 - 10/2014

- Multiplayer improvements

11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

[​IMG]
    Final Nail in the coffin right here.

People claiming how earlly access does not work and how they dont play because features is missing is really getting old... i feel that i would see something like this on steam forums rather then here

12. My eyesight must be getting really bad since I had no idea the name of this thread was 'here are the reasons I am loving ACC and you should too'.

Good for you to those that think that blurry graphics, damn near unusable mirrors, wildly inconsistent AI, horrible collision model, and all but non-functional MP are all perfectly fine and expected things to have with less than four months to full release. (and over halfway through the EA roadmap)

Anyways, even if I was to never use ACC again I would still blindly pre-buy whatever Kunos next project would be simply to support the team simply out of appreciation for Netkar Pro and AC.

13. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

ACC keep me spending more time on it because it is very demanding. You have to be prepare to it, like the real thing.
    And after an long working week, sometimes you just don't find the strength.
    ACC make it far way from a game and near to the RL. :) That's what Sim racers are looking for.

Kunos, please keep the good work!

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Had a nice race earlier and guess the AI didnt like my line so we rubbed a little and I tried to move over but he kept coming and would not lift. I gave him the finger as he drove by while I was heading for the wall lol. Gonna fire it up again later and get redemption :mad::D

LATE4APEX, Chris 576 and D.Jankovic like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't see it that way. It's all too easy for the internet to get full of people complaining about stuff that only affects them, or is trivial, or is work in progress. Saying this game is broken just doesn't make any sense to me because it's not finished. I'm just making sure that there's some balance in these threads and it's not just grown men crying the equivalent of "are we there yet", when they know perfectly well, we're not there yet.

I'm going to wait until V1 and even give them a few patches before I break out the pitchfork. But I really don't think I'll need too, I trust Kunos know what they're doing.

16. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

I love this game, but it happens every time, I want to talk about the collisions that IMHO partially ruins the magic of ACC, a simple collision instantly turns into auto-stamps feast forraine.
    it would be wise to put your talent (which is more to demonstrate) to work on this annoying problem.
    thank you

Son likes this.
  17. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I too do agree that the collisions can completely ruin a race. Even the slightest nudge and you end up spinning away, which seems to set your tires on fire, meaning you must drive slow until they cool off, which really is a shame as when you do get close racing, it is amazing.

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm not convinced every collision leading to spins that is complained about by sim racers is caused by issues with collision physics. Sure it's frustrating, but cars make contact and spin in real life racing all the time.

19. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Knowing that the rating system will be reset leaves me a lot less apprehensive. I already started to play ACC a lot more. I believe ACC is even better than AC.

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I would think Vettel is astutely ware of that.

sissydriver and sps_for_race like this.