1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why I hesitate to play ACC, Why I don't spend more hours in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by kakusso, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Who?

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

You known, that guy who lost the F1 driver championship last year.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  3. Ahhhh this guy :D Greets from Germany by the way :)

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, I feel your pain :(

Although I'm not from your country.

Fernandito and After_Midnight like this.
  5. Sorry for OT again;)
    I was never the biggest fan of Vettel :oops: so no bad feelings.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

jaxx_za, After_Midnight and th3o like this.
  7. Not feeling this game at all at this point and am heavily disappointed with the progress in EA so far.

Still love Stefano, Aris, Luca, Manu, Simone, etc....

Hopefully I will be salt free in three months or so when I can drive Brands Hatch with smooth fps, clear HD mirrors, in a car with a livery that I created/downloaded, all in a stable server with similarly skilled pilots.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    mESCx, Blamer, Nick Moxley and 2 others like this.
  8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

okay. it was a bit confusing but i can understand (a little bit...a tiny little bit... really tiny..... ;)) - i was absolutely disappointed after the first minutes but then the brilliant ffb and the brilliant sound - so amazing. and now its so much fun to drive these cars. only the missing triple support stopped me. so i hope you find the love/fun for acc!

9. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

I dont see how I will ever put nearly as much time into ACC as I did put into AC, since the scope of the game is just so much smaller. IMO its just a fun little game to have (hopefully) some great GT multiplayer races in. But spending hundreds of hours trying different cars alone on track, like I did in AC, simply wont happen since the cars are so similar to each other compared to the amazing variety in AC ... also no Nordschleife ...
    I never expected more so I am not disapointed, but I sure hope we will see AC2 with all that great new polishing in physics, sounds, graphics and UI.

cerebralvortex and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

I wouldn't describe it as a fun little game, I think it's problem may be it's too serious. It's going to be a lot of work to get good at it, it's going to take work to get your stats up and even things like the quick race seems to be longer than most quick races in other games.

It will all depend on what kind of frame work they put into the game, how they encourage people to keep trying to get better. It's very much going to be a case of self improvement over winning a game.

AC will still have it's place, but ACC seems like a serious racing title for people who want serious racing. Like set aside a weekend type of serious racing.

11. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I feel like the rating system is one of the ways that they will keep people engaged, and as you said - getting people to improve. Anyone who races will want to be quicker, and having the rating system is liking someone saying you can be better, and putting the target in front of you. You will keep driving to improve each aspect of the rating, and as you do you will most likely see an improvement in the races you get along the way as you're improving on your rating, which again will keep you engaged.

12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I really look forward to what they have in store for the more single player experience. A career mode but also nice online challenges with leaderboards. I dont know, something like completeing a race of 20min on one set of tyres in place xy or do xy number of pit stops or dont burn more thanx-% of fuel before the finish line. Stuff like that can keep be busy for many hours if they keep pouring challenges in, say, every month.

Turk and Son like this.
  13. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

We can only hope that the rating system will be incorporated into online play so those of us who want to actually race and improve can without the usual wreckers that appear in AC joining a server. :)
    This may be the case but reading through countless pages to find out doesn't fill me with glee :(

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What do you mean? The rating system is "incorporated into online play".

15. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

I mean I hope servers will be able to set entry levels so as those with low trust, safety and awareness levels can't get access to servers where people want to race and not ram people for the hell of it, similar to what MR allowed in AC

16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

What I personally hope for is something like SRS, with monthly mini-leagues (and races every hour). As much as I like the rating systems, I believe the biggest motivation to race well is to do it for a purpose. I think SRS was a huge contribution to MP in AC.

mESCx, LeiF, Turk and 1 other person like this.
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

I kind of expect them to expand on the special events that way, it's actually a good way to practice things like minding tyres over a long stint. WE haven't done any fuel saving stuff.

I think that's exactly what the rating system is for.

Son and Chris 576 like this.
  18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

I didn't play at all, I'm simulating and I enjoy it very much.
    It's not about the wording, it's an attitude.

mr Switchblade and PLebre like this.
  19. Jordan Louis

Jordan Louis Gamer

Easy Q - Because the camera shake, although reduced, still gives me a headache within a few laps. :) The gameplay thread about camera shake was marked as "working on it" so I'm excited and I know given the likes on the thread others are looking forward to that as well. Getting the lock to horizon in the last build was great and that helps.

As a sim, I still think the Porsche 911 Cup GT3 in AC on Laguna Seca is the benchmark including the good bad weather mod clouds. At 166hz, settings maxed, and experimental FFB enabled (Aris settings) the clarity and depth of view, experience, sound, etc. IMHO has no equal yet. The AI on 100% with other 911 Cup cars is some of the best sim racing I've ever had. Given the track and car can be considered part of the final work done in AC it makes sense it is as good as it is.

For ACC a 2080ti allows for running at 144hz, most options at Epic but shadows on High (UltraWide 2560x1080). Using temporal isn't ideal but FXAA is worse. It is very playable and I can feel the tires and aero are advanced beyond AC. ACC is basically running the experimental AC FFB, I'm sure that isn't technically accurate but that is how it mostly feels. The out of the box view point in the cars is much improved and almost spot on by default which is nice.

The track details and general environment, the car details, it is incredible what Kunos is trying to accomplish with ACC. Pulling into the pits at Paul Ricard in the evening in the 488, hitting the pit button, lights flashing, digital dash displays change, impossible even for the most jaded player to not appreciate the immersion the Kunos team is gunning for.

I have a new respect for ACC with build 4 and finally getting my hands on a 2080ti. Make no mistake, this game needs a beefy GPU, and even AC with the good bad weather textures pushed my ref 1080ti to the limit. There is plenty of work to be done but if I can remove all shaky cam from the cockpit view I think build 5 is going to get a lot of attention.

20. Torcano

Torcano Alien

You can disable camera shake. Go to your My Documents > Assetto Corsa Competizione > Config > cameraoptionsea.json, open that file with notepad or some program and change generalMovement from 1 to 0.

LeiF and LeDude83 like this.