1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Lamborghini Huracán GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The 2017 champion car, arrives in the 2018 season in an almost identical form. The Huracan GT3, proved in the 2017 season, to be the car to beat in terms of absolute performance. Nevertheless this top level performance was the result of a very professional team with very talented and fast pro drivers that especially on some tracks were able to destroy the competition. The result of this was a very severe Balance of Performance handicap for all the Huracan cars, that heavily penalised the champion team but most importantly all the other teams using the car, further down in the grid and classification.

Objectively the Huracan GT3 is a very capable car, but at the same time it has some very unique and distinct characteristics that often make it difficult to handle for less experienced teams and drivers.
    The car is very compact resulting in a very small frontal area and thus very low drag figures. Top speed is almost everywhere amongst the highest achieving cars, often topping the results. The downforce production is also very high, maybe not on par with Ferrari, Audi and Mercedes, but not that far either. The resulting efficiency is top of the class confirming the qualities of the Lamborghini aerodynamic design aided by the famous Dallara engineering. The compactness of the car dimensions, result on a very small under tray area that is quite pitch sensitive. At high speeds the car will become quite unstable under coasting or even worse, braking. As an example the very fast right bend after the long back straight at Paul Ricard has gave me some of the most violent slap tanks in my whole real and simulate driving life. Brake a bit too hard and a bit too late from 280kmh top speed and try to turn in and I can guarantee you, you’re going to change your mind very fast and thank Paul Ricard circuit designers for implementing those very wide runaway areas with blue and red lines that give even higher grip than normal asphalt (at the exchange of massive chunks of tyre tread flying around…). Small amount of ride height change at the front or rear, will move the aero balance quite a bit back and forth. To counteract this, the suspension setup must be adequate to aid the stability under such conditions, with high front stiffness and good damping work in front bump and rear rebound, more similar to a single seater setup, than a more conservative GT racer. The stiff setup will usually make the car jolt and jump around over kerbs and bumps, but surprisingly enough it will stay quite stable if the driver is precise and remains on power.

The mechanical balance of the car is also particular. The road car has an AWD setup that adds weight to the front axis from the axles and differentials. The GT3 car, by rules, has to be RWD and so the elimination of all the AWD mechanical parts, results in a very rear weight bias. As a matter of fact, the Huracan starts with about 60% of its weight at the rear tyres making it practically a very rear heavy car, similar the Porsche 911 that, let me remind you, is rear engined! A car with such weight bias, would need a staggered tyre setup. This means that the rear tyres should be wider than the front, to handle better the different loads. Unfortunately the tyres offered by the rules, have very similar dimensions for both front and rear which means the mechanical grip is a bit unbalanced with more tyre at the front, than what the car needs.
    To the uninitiated, this might sound like a non issue. The car seems to understeer constantly, so more tyre to the front, can only fix the things right? Why does it make it worse then? To have balanced handling characteristics you need to have a predictable rear grip, so that you can shift the weight with your driving inputs and you get back predictable feedback and reactions. If you have more rear grip than front, then you can use the power on the exit of the turns to rotate the car and it will do so gradually, because even if you lose some lateral grip, you still have plenty to handle. But if you have more grip at the front, the moment you get power understeer (and you’ll get it because of the weight bias to the rear), then trying to power oversteer will subtract important amounts of grip from the rear and it will make it skittish and nervous. On top of that, add a quite sensitive aerodynamic platform that we described above, that moves the aero balance heavily to the front and to the rear every time the pitch of the cars changes by mere millimetres and you get a more clear view of why the car requires skills and respect from its driver.

Sounds like a difficult car to handle and it is when you try to push it hard on the limit. Setup must be balanced and on the stiff side, especially at the front. Don’t try to overcome the power understeer with a more oversteer setup, because you’ll end up with a nervous turn in that will make the car slower. Embrace a hint of understeer, be more precise in your inputs and driving line and learn to take advantage of the aero platform and mid turn speed. You can brake late, start to turn in, but get off the brakes as soon as possible and let the car coast to the apex or with a very very slight brake input, anything more and it will understeer at turn in too. Learn to do the coasting part properly and you’ll be surprised by how much speed you can carry inside the turn, which will be translated in time gains outside of the turn. This is taking advantage of the aero platform, leaving the car as flat as possible instead of forcing it to turn by braking and pitching. The results might surprise you.

If properly setup and driven, the Huracan GT3 showcases a very fast turn in and high mid turn speeds. Exceptional traction and agility makes it perfect for slow narrow turns and chicanes. There’s always an understeery behaviour on power at the exit of the turns and generally the car doesn’t like to change its line once in the turn. Precise driving and proper racing techniques are required to make the car deliver, but even thought it might not feel “fun” and requires lots of self control, concentration and commitment, it is capable of blazingly fast laptimes that reward all the hard work.

ACC003 (5).png

Tundra, Creegz, FlashLight and 80 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan GT3 evo2 Fuel usage May 12, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Modelmistakes on Lamborghini Huracan Evo 2 GT3 Apr 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Auxiliary Lights - Lamborghini Huracan Evo2 GT3 BUG Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan Aggressive Preset Nürburgring Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan ST reports +14 on brake bias to shared memory Mar 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo LOD Bug Dec 23, 2020
    Screens & Videos RSS Lamborghini huracan GT3 EVO - OUT! Nov 22, 2020
    ACC User Interface Lamborghini Huracan floating dash display Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Physics v1.3.10 Lamborghini Huracan ST tyre temps Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan ST's BoP Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Physics Problem with physics on rain lamborghini huracan Nov 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions I'm looking for the #43 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO in Update 1.1 Oct 24, 2019
    ACC Physics 1.0.2 update Force feedback (ffb) Lamborghini Huracán GT3 feels weird? Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lamborghini Huracan ST indicators Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lamborghini Huracan GT3 #77 Barwell Motorsport (Spa only livery) Apr 6, 2019

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

You should consider writing a book sometime, Aris. I just never get tired of reading your posts (Which is why I bugged you to post this :p).

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Explains why the first thing I do in the Huracan is to alter the brake balance to deal better with that understeer. It then becomes - for me at least - a quite predictable, managable car of superior agility compared to the Bentley and BMW. I am also faster in it than in the other two ACC cars of the present (wich does not mean I am a fast driver, I fear I race not really at competitive speeds...). Both by cockpit immersion and driving feel it was and currently still is my favourite car in ACC, from beginning on. In AC1, the various incarnations of the Huracan are some of my favourites as well.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think all these blog posts would work great packaged together in a game manual on release. ;)

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What century are you living in Marty? :D

the_token and sissydriver like this.
  7. quazar1973

quazar1973 Gamer

What about an online manual? That's 21st century and no need for dead trees :p

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am preaching this since - well, since years. A document that gets delivered with every upgrade, and is kept constantly updated and corrected. All in one place. All vital stuff, all info on game functions included. Edits of the document replace the old docuemnt.

It is not even a manual, imo, for "manual" still has the smell of printed booklets on it. Just a document file, in simple black-white to keep it printer-friendly and ink-saving. Because tables, key command lists and such maybe are wanted to be printed (at leats in complex games).

These texts in forums and scattered around on the web are all nice and well - but many, many, many people, most people I would claim, miss them. And it is not nice needing to search for such info all over the world and its internet pages.

Best thing is: it is not even more work for the creators. Probably even less, since work must be done just once, and not several times when needing to answer questions that would not be asked if such a document file in the installation folder would exist.

Simple. Ergonomic. Effective. Elegant. Logical choice.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

THIS.
    Also the rest is obviously right, but this is 1000% true for me.

10. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Nobody ever considers the poor put-upon electrons being inconvenienced…. ;)

Jonnyfilmboy likes this.
  11. mms

mms Alien

I think you would be surprised to find that a large majority of players would never open that document, and even less of them would spend time reading it, no matter how well it would be done...

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

They would, if need arises and devs do not reply to them in forums ands other people got tired to answer the same questions time and again.

Thats m y point: nmot only centrelaises it all info in one placr everybody automatically gets when installing, but it also would need the devs to write every new info just once - and then be done with it as long as there are no changes and old info must be altered.

And you would be surprised how many people still refuse to deal with Facebook, or even go online for forums. ;)

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

@Aristotelis So from that I’m gathering you got some wheel time behind the real Blancpain toys?

14. CEPEGA

CEPEGA Rookie

As always a pleasure to read your blogs!

15. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Very interesting read. Thanks for posting!

16. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

To be honest, I was as anxious for the release 4 as I am for @Aristotelis post about the Ferrari...

D.Jankovic and Son like this.
  17. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

There's something very wrong with this car in this last build. Man, I refuse to believe the car is this hard to drive in real life.

In the previous buildings I could complete an entire race without spinning once. Now It's just impossible. The car is now so untrusty that it literally sucks.

Please Aris, do something with the Lambo. Roll its handling back to previous builds, or find a way to make this car driveable at all. It just doesn't feel right.

18. Marceline

Marceline Gamer

I'm frustrated and not very good at driving, therefore Aris has to change the car to my likings.
    o_O

I think the lambo is perfect and drives nicely.

SimGuy_1, chksix, LATE4APEX and 11 others like this.
  19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Did 3 hrs on Hungaroring and only spin out on well known curbs and my own mistakes..but car is driving like a beast love it.

SimGuy_1, LeDude83 and sps_for_race like this.
  20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

I'd gladly tell you what your frustrations may be too, but I don't think your cognitive limitations would allow you to read, let alone understand it passed but a couple of lines of text.

On the other hand I'm finding the car way worse than in the previous builds man. I don't know, I find it so easy to spin with it now, when before that didn't happen to me. And yes yes of course with safe preset too, which borderline embarrasses me personally too lol. What's your car setup?

21. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

I chimed in this thread to say how much I love driving this car so I'm very surprised by your post. I used to hate Lamborghini with a passion but this one is my favourite of the bunch by quite a margin along with the BMW. It's precise, darty, agile, everything I expect from a racecar. I find the Ferrari very dull and sluggish in comparison, its front end makes me want to torch my whole rig.

I use a slightly tweaked aggressive setup at the Nürb, what are you using?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    SimGuy_1 and sps_for_race like this.