1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. trutya

trutya Simracer

i'm really waiting for the Jag, also i quite like Zolder too.
    what i'd be happy to see in fine system tuning:
    - working multiplayer with proper race starts and finishes
    - more AI cars added to endurance races
    - solving some bugs like going to pit/AI cars stop, race results bug and so on
    - some small AI tuning on some places, including the pace of the different cars. for now it looks the speed of the cars is not very real and more is position depending that car/driver depending. (#11 Ferrari doesn't used to win sprint races overall, for example)
    - saving option during race weekend/long race
    - real ending of a session, it's horrible that everybody stops on track... (but this is the less important...)

mESCx likes this.
  2. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Curb behaviour thread overload incoming. :D

Paul Sutton and Son like this.
  3. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

BTW: Monza, Silverstone and Barcelona means endurance racing without additional lights!

Son likes this.
  4. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Excited to try new Jag and Zolder, interested what enhanced multiplayer means.
    Hoping for graphics/performance improvements, and hopefully more FFB sliders like understeer effect.
    Also hope that the VR menu disappearing when exiting a session bug is fixed, currently unplayable.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Dean Ogurek and Son like this.
  5. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

oh really

6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Really looking forward to laserscanned Zolder. It's the most interesting track of the game to me.

Would be a nice surprise to get an option to remove steering wheel in cockpit view. I really hope it's at least on to do list.

Wtf is your problem (again)?

Emerson, jaxx_za, Paul Sutton and 6 others like this.
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Looking for performance improvements and general overall looks, especially towards the jaggies..And alot of bug fixing.

8. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Waiting for a complete Telemetry API. With every bit we see on the ingame dash exported through the API.
    The car is not that much interesting to me, waiting for the Mercedes and Porsche.
    Looking forward to Zolder, a course I really like to drive on.

9. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

The is still a week left.:(

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There's only a week left!!! :p:D

11. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

The new RTX 2060 GPU will be in the stores on 15th January, and Build 5 of ACC will be released on the next day. What a coincidence! :p :D

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe they will add RTX support in the next build so we can see if the 2060rtx can hit double digit fps in 1080p with it enabled. Kunos should also charge $1000 for RTX to be enabled in a dlc as Nvidia has already shown these rtx owners will pay anything for this marketing feature. Well if Nvidia was a real partner Im sure that would be one of their suggestions. :eek::D

[​IMG]

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Given the recent benchmark results of the RTX2070, the 2060 will probably beat AMD's fastest available GPU - the Vega 64. The RTX GPUs seem to have gotten a mysterious boost while the GTX ones haven't. 2070 achieves 110 FPS AVG. Seems reasonable to expect ~80 FPS with a 2060.

14. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am looking forward to every update just because i want to see improvements/optimizations to the game engine, the weather system, lighting, shaders etc. :)

anthony galmiche and Son like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I meant with RTX enabled ,you know the feature they are using to try justifying the price premium for the rtx cards.

Here is a rtx benchmark (I think in 1440p) using the new 3d mark benchmark of all the rtx cards. I wouldn't be surpised if that's close to the numbers in ACC atm, so to be playable it would need 2x 2080ti with sli enabled. :oops: or $4000+ just for gpu's and who knows if they will ever add sli to ACC.
    [​IMG]

Sadly AMD is irrelevant in GPU's atm, fingers crossed they bring something next gen. Im likely to go AMD cpu next if the 7nm rumours are correct. NV hasn't made me interested in their latest GPU's and AMD has nothing worth looking at from my current 1080sli setup.

16. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

Zolder and the Jaguar are nice, unfortunately the cars I am looking forward to the most will not come out in the EA (Nissan, Lexus). I would like to see some experiments to improve AA, mirrors, some new GFX adjustments or some optimizations for night racing. Furthermore, I would like the addition of cooldown laps, I want to bring the car back to the pits when the crew chief says so. If these things will be done for build 5 or "1.0", I don't really care, but I would like to see at least some hints.

17. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

Well, actually who thinks that why people should buy RTX cards is the ray tracing is crazy. In my opinion, the ray tracing will give you great performance around 3rd gen GPUs, and not now. I think why the RTX 2060 should be a good choice is because of its 'normal' performance - you will get GTX 1070Ti (sometimes 1080 as you see the reviews) performance for much less money than you could buy a GTX 1070 Ti. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not a fanboy of nVidia, and not a fanboy of AMD or any other company as well. I usually choose GPU of great performance with a good price/performance ratio. I really hope that AMD is going to release those RX6xx cards very soon - so maybe the prices will go a little bit down.

The rumours said, there will be a GPU with the similar performance of the RTX 2060, just without tensor cores - which will be codenamed 'GTX 1160'.

But unfortunately, I need to change my GPU...I did not the best deal with this 3GB version of the GTX 1060. :(

boabmatic and mms like this.
  18. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

DLSS ist to me the real deal with RTX for now, not raytracing. Saw it 1st person in Battlefield 5 and yes it's very nice looking when "it just works", but when you are just playing the game you notice ****...

19. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

If you maybe can give us some detailed description of your experience, that would be useful for everybody I think. Or, at least, I would like to listen your own experience about it, I'm really curious about what you can notice when DLSS is turned on. :)

20. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am speaking of the potential of DLSS that is yet to come to games, there is already an implementation of it in Final Fantasy 15 and it gives you basically the same image quality as before with higher framerates, but renders at a lower resolution than before.
    That's the more enticing feature, where you get to keep basically your image quality but get improved framerates.