1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Not really^^
    Axel made an physics topic and Aris is asking already.
    I posted my story too.
    Lets see if he can reproduce it

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

2. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

In that case the speed would not have dropped that steadily.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  3. Adastros

Adastros Racer

We need something like that in cars selection !

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hello @Aristotelis

I noticed during MP practice sessions in this car and also the Bentley that there are wheel oscillations when letting go of a steady steering angle - the wheel swings back and forth like 3 or 4 times. I tested this at speeds of maybe 150 kph. I don't know what factors in FFB (Gyro or dynamic dampening in ACC?!?) are relevant to this behaviour but: the Lambo doesn't show this behaviour - its wheel just goes back to the center position with maybe a tiny overshoot to the other side and then stays there.
    No FFB settings were changed in between. I run 100 % dynamic dampening.

I thought that the Lambo behaviour was pretty spot-on. Will the BMW and the Bentley be tweaked, accordingly?

5. CEPEGA

CEPEGA Rookie

After reading this blog it finaly helped me a lot to understand what i was making wrong when driving the M6. Knowing the capabilities of the car let me improve my laptimes a lot. Keep up your good work

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  6. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I just experienced this, too. In the first couple laps even when I had not that good of an exit onto the mistral straight I could manage getting to 279-280 kph, but after some laps, even with a good exit I had no chance. Only getting to 274 kph max (also tried to return to pits, load the setup again and so on and so forth..)

Does anyone have a clue if this issue already has its own thread? Can't find anything myself :/

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

;)

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Robin

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I struggle with this car at PR. I feel that it's not made for the turns here because most of them seem to slow for the aero to bring much benefit. With a more loose setup the car becomes wiggly in slow turns and slides cost me a lot of time. So it seems that a safe mechanical grip setup for low speeds combined with low wing settings for the straight are the way to go, right?

ATM I'm at 1:56.3 with the default agressive setup.

10. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

I agree with you, it is for this reason that I use most of the time the configuration safe, modified, with much less support and some modification on the front gear.;)

11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Almost the opposite for me. I reach 54 high with not a perfect lap and with default setup. My optimal could be around 54.3 or so.
    And I'm far to be an alien.
    The car seems turn when and where i want, no slides and no understeer.

I've tried with the lambo (always default setup) and i can't run on 56.

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Well I just improved my laptime a lot by simply activating ideal line for 2 laps :p

Now at 1:55 low and 1:54 is in sight. It starts to be fun.

Setup wise I started with the safe one, lowered the rear wing, softened the springs and lowered TC to 4. Feels good.

13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

PR is an interesting one, totally hated it initially but learned the layout in the AC mod version a while back and now it is one of the tracks where I feel very comfortable.

I felt instantly at home there in the M6, did iirc a 55.6 on default and I would say GT3 is one of my weakest classes of car. Totally can’t drive the lambo, completely doesn’t suit my driving style so was very glad when the BMW arrived

14. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Gamer

Does anyone else have the feeling that the M6 has a little bit too much engine power compared to the others? I mean with the M6 in ACC you win every "drag-race" against Bentleys, AMGs or one of the other cars. Even if it has an advantage in acceleration in real life to, it doesn't seem to be that great, at least in television.

15. Adastros

Adastros Racer

lol wait for the Nissan GTR

16. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Gamer

Especially because of the Nissan I find the M6 to strong. If the M6 as such an advantage, how will the Nissan's be?

17. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Inthis year Paul Ricard race the GTR and BMW, and Bentley (new) were killing everyone at the long straight

18. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

This just remembered me a real-life story - not a big one, but it can be interesting a little bit who interested in real life motorsport. :)

2017 was the debut season for the M6 GT3. Brand new car, the team had a lot of things to learn of the car, that was for sure. With some of my friends, I visited the Sprint Series race at the Hungaroring that year. We were so lucky and the team was so kind and they allowed us to visit their garage (lifetime experience! :), only one of the mechanics just asked us not go too close to the cars, because they were working on both cars. While we were standing in the back of the garage, I had a chat with that mechanic guy - he looked so tired anyway. I was not surprised on that, because they had a really bad weekend - and it was still only Saturday...The M6 GT3s were struggling around the Hungaroring (just like the Bentleys), while the Huracán, AM GT and R8 was soo fast all weekend long. The mechanic said the same stuff; they knew they had a lot of gap compared to the Audi, Mercedes and Lamborghini, but they still did not have an idea where is the problem and how to solve it. As I looked on the mechanic guys, they worked super hard - and in the same time, they did look like a little bit confused. I wouldn't say that they looked hopeless, 'cause they looked very determined to fix the set-up of the car. It was a hard day for them in the 'office' - but how hard they worked on the car, it was incredible...I felt sorry for them to saw them struggle like this.

But, I think these days show a strength of a team and/or a car - 1 year later, the BMW achieved the 1-2 finish at the 24 hours of Spa. A very well deserved result.

Sometimes up, sometimes down, but hard work always pay-off - that is what the Blancpain series is all about, and I think that's why we love it! :) ;)

19. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

To be fair the bigger and longer cars like the BMW struggle at tight a twisty circuits regardless, the bigger highspeed stuff like Silverstone/Spa, its more a level playing field.

Son and Schnipp like this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Also, with those fast turns at Spa the M6 can take advantage of it's aero underbody.

Son likes this.