1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DLSS support for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by claudiopolez, Sep 19, 2018.

1. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

DLSS (Deep Learning Supersampling) sounds like a pretty hot tech, giving gtx2080 an almost 100% advantage over gtx1080 and its comparable traditional TAA (temporal antialiasing).

I know that ACC will be among the first games to have raytracing support for the new Nvidia cards, DLSS would be super nice to have as well. Not least for VR, where performance and frames per second are vital. Pretty please Kunos! :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions DLSS support for Assetto Corsa Competizione Aug 24, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality New RTX 3000 include dlss 3.0 with support for Temporary Antialiasing May 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions FSR 2.1 and DLSS 3.0+ ( WHY MY THREAD IS LOCKED??? ))) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions DLDSR/DLSS as alternative to TAA Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions DLSS 3.0 for RTX 40 Series Oct 5, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Blured cars in 100-200 m distance [DLSS/TAA ghosting] Mar 25, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds FSR/DLSS and Projection Correction? Jan 11, 2022
    ACC User Interface DLSS and resolution scale to 150% possible? Jan 7, 2022
    Bug reports DLSS not working Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Manual Update to DLSS 2.3 possible [Not recommended] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC User Interface DLSS Problem. Image Scalingis missing [DLSS and IS are two different things] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality DLSS puts an end to engines.ini workarounds. Nov 17, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia DLSS UE4 plugin avaiable now! Accattatavill! Feb 13, 2021

3. AntoFPV

AntoFPV Gamer

With VR actual performance, this question becomes interesting?

This will potentially make the NVIDIA RTXs interesting.

4. Everyone talks about rtx while this seems to be the real deal for this generation of gpu. I'd be interested as well in hearing sth from the devs. For example, is this a technology that can be implemented later on, maybe after v1.0 is out?

5. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

If a game supports TAA, does that mean it automatically supports DLSS?

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Doesnt DLSS only work in 4k? also tests I saw showed it was upscaled from 1800p, I dont know how much the "deep learning" and "AI" is marketing BS but I suspect most of it. You can likely run ACC with TAA in 4k downscaled to 85 and get much the same results.

Deatroy likes this.
  7. hendrixxx352

hendrixxx352 Rookie

I Hope for DLSS too...
    because planning a RTX 2060 witch allows better Performance with Raytracing...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

8. hendrixxx352

hendrixxx352 Rookie

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

DLSS is the more interesting feature as we know AA in ACC isn't great so this may look better and perform better. ACC wasn't listed as a DLSS title only RTX but by the look of it all RTX titles will need both to have any hope of playable fps even with a 2080ti above 1080p. This could make the 2060 more attractive over the rumoured 1160 especially as RTX on the 2060 seems rather pointless at very low fps. The key is will the RTX and DLSS features actually be used in enough software to warrant the price premium over 10 or 11 series gtx cards.

10. GrimGreener

GrimGreener Rookie

I've been doing some reading on how DLSS works. I think for VR it will make a big difference - like 30% or more FPS. What actually happens is the game is rendered at 60% of it's target resolution but then the DLSS circuits get it back to full resolution. This is done by the dev working with nVidia to get samples of the lower quality and a full rendered output in differnet scenes. nVidia then run it through their supercomputers to get the AI trained and release a config for the card to use. There's some crazy examples of what the AI can do - you can remove someones eyes from a face pic and it will put some back in. So adding a bit of fine detail where there were jaggies should be simples. Can't remember which site it was did sone detailed frame by frame analysis and looked at GPU load - and they found the first frame after a cut scene took a hit, but then the frames after that ran smooth. For a sim where you are just lapping a moving circuit this should be fairly easy.
    What's also more intersting for VR is Foveated rendering. Pimax have just implemented Fixed foveated rendering on their headsets given it has a large FOV it can get away with it. ie you get full textures in the centre, but lower textures the further out you go - as this was something else added to RTX cards in the VRWorks libraries. There's an eye tracking module due once they've sorted out the 8k shipments to backers - so we may yet see hi res, ray traced, DLSSd and foveated rendered 90fps in ultra!

11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Looking at this, it's actually pretty great if it would carry over into actual games:

12. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Gamer

Hello,

This new anti-aliasing method can be integrated into ACC?

13. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Why wouldn't devs want to take full advantage of performance gains like this? Look at all the praise the recent forza game got for it's well performing game. I would hope all take note of this and follow suite....

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Someone has to implement it and the devs have their hands full with making the game itself first.