1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Low framerate in quick race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Dividends, Sep 13, 2018.

1. I have the same problem as listed in this thread. It works well in practice mode (just around 45-55 fps, with some small drops), but the race with other cars is just unplayable, with oscilating and very low framerates (15-25 fps). It' acts like the sim is freezed.

I lowered all specs to the minimum, but no results and no diference in performance. As it is, it's just unplayable in races.

PC2 (with all graphics in ultra) run smooth for me. The same with Assetto Corsa.

My specs:
    - Win10 64
    - Core Quad at 3.20GHz
    - 8 Gb RAM
    - NVidia GTX1050Ti
    - SSD Crucial
    - Logitech G29

2. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

People here are going to say that the problem is your pc. While your hardware isn't amazing, it should be more than enough to at least have a decent experience in a race(and other games are proof of that). All you can do is pray that the devs will eventually optimize this game, and not only for the most recent cpus and gpus.

FHarbor and After_Midnight like this.
  3. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

The last build (4.1) doesn't really improve the performance for me.

4. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

What performance problems are you having? I have the same processor but with 16GB RAM and a GTX 1080 and have no problems racing with a field of 20 AI at 1440p (settings mostly epic or high).

5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I play in VR and I can't get a stable 90fps with ia.
    But I'm not sure right now, that even a i9 9000k (with a 2080ti) can hit 90fps with 20 ia in VR without low settings..

6. pablito

pablito Rookie

I have exactly same problem. I can play w/o any problems alone on track and up to max 13 AI everything above this stutter like on 5fps but fps counter still is on 60fps and flags wave normally smooth.
    For comparison and same pc i can run RaceRoom with maxed graphics and AI (if i remember correctly its 50 oponents) with small frame drops between 50-60.

7. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

My fps issues have been solved by passing from 8 to 16Bg of ram (also frequency has been improved).
    The CPU occupation is still sky high (85-90%) but now I can keep fps in the 80-90 range on high/epic graphic settings.

Very strange 'cause it's the only game able to benefit of the upgrade but it worked.

mikendrix and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Hi @Avoletta
    I have the same CPU, I guess your MB is a MSI Gaming ?
    If so, which ram did you buy ?

9. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

Nothing special: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
    Yes, the MB is an MSI Gaming

10. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Thanks for the info, I have 8Go 1866Mhz, I’m going to buy another one next month !

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Although the RAM usage reported by Afterburner never passes ~4.5 GB on my system, I also ordered 16 GB of RAM to replace my current 8 GB. I read an article with measurements showing how 16 GB vs 8 GB gives a big improvement in frame time stability. Since Stutter has always been an issue on my 8 GB system, I'm keen to find out if the additional RAM makes a difference.

I found out that my current RAM is even too fast - I bought DDR4 3600 RAM but my CPU can only handle 2400 MHz. So I ordered 2*8 GB 2400 MHz, CL14 RAM.

Will be very interesting to see the difference because my CPU usage is very similar to yours...I'll report back.

mikendrix likes this.
  12. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I guess the more RAM we have, the more our system will use it.

We can see Forza Motorsport 6 below, it should be rather the same with ACC :
    Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 13.08.02.png

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Do they have comparative framerates for the above?

14. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

With regards to the amount of memory used, those charts give an almost pointless comparison. They use different CPUs using different chipsets, have a huge difference in on-board memory cache, have different maximum memory bandwidths and don't all have the same number of memory channels. To make the comparison make any sense at all they should have used the same CPU/MB combination and just changed the amount of RAM installed. As it stands, it means almost nothing!

15. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

@LeDude83 : We are waiting for the report :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You'll have to wait for some more because I had to re-order RAM. Since I have such a fast RAM, I played around with the clock and unlike my previous assumption based on the 7600k datasheet, the CPU seems to handle even 3600 MHz RAM speed just fine. Check out these results:

That's 9 % FPS difference! So of course I'll return the 2400 MHz RAM and have ordered a second 8 GB set of the 3600 RAM I already have and will use that one. I hope it will arrive tomorrow so I can update you this weekend.

I also ran a test with 3200 MHz RAM speed and that one already gave me a 7 % FPS boost from 55 to 59 AVG. I'll drop the clock to 3200 because I don't wanna "ask for trouble".
    So if I was to make a recommendation, I'd go for 3200 MHz RAM because the gain is already significant and that RAM is way cheaper than 3600 MHz.

Please note that those gains are only present in CPU-heavy scenarios. During my system benchmark (quoted above) the gain is present, during my GPU benchmark there's 0 difference coming from the RAM speed.

With these observations I'm not alone btw. f_deutsch has found out the exact same thing in ACC and yesterday I read a German article by a PC site that pretty much states exactly the same. The conclusion was that a 7600k for example can gain so much FPS through faster RAM that it's better to buy RAM than upgrading to the next better CPU.

I really didn't expect this and I'm glad we found out.

mikendrix likes this.
  17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Another one:
    How big and where is your pagefile. sys?
    Game, Steam and Windows installed all the same Harddisk or seperate? SSD?

18. Ram speed capacity is controlled by the motherboard bios, not cpu. (btw)

19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes if you add a 8go 2400Mhz the other one will also go to 2400Mhz.

I have 8go 1866Mhz so I will buy another 1866Mhz.
    I don't think my i5 4690K is able to handle higher

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You should really triple-check that.

f_deutsch has a 2500k and made a test by reducing RAM speed.

Memory at 1336Mhz
    Quick Race
    Frames: 3488 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 58.133 - Min: 47 - Max: 73
    HotLap
    Frames: 6877 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 114.617 - Min: 103 - Max: 129

Memory at 1600Mhz
    Quick Race
    Frames: 3806 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 63.433 - Min: 48 - Max: 80
    HotLap
    Frames: 6946 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 115.767 - Min: 102 - Max: 129

So you can see: also with aged CPUs, RAM speed matters a lot. 9 % in this quick race scenario.

f_deutsch's CPU is spec 1333 MHz DDR3 and he used 1600 with no issues. Mine is 2400 and 3600 runs well. Yours is spec 1600 so I'd just get 2400 DDR3 RAM or wait if money is an issue.