1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Besides the obvious roadmap features, it would be nice to see the next step in terms of graphics (reduced ghosting, mirror performance, flickering issue on Paul Ricard, e.g.).

Unfortunately I couldn't play B4 very much, but I hope there will be more time for B5.

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Slowly but surely we also might get at some point the official release date of V 1.0 :)
    I expect the game to launch at some point in April and i think it will be a big step up in terms of menus and everything basically compared to V 0.6 that we will have in early access in february.
    Think that early access is all in all more about the technical groundwork of the game and the features testing and that they have stuff in store that we will see only in the full release version.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  3. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Especially in terms of AI there is still a long way to go. It would be nice to provide some features a little bit earlier (e.g. driverswap with AI).

4. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

A save option is also urgently requested! :(

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

People say that about a lot of graphics techniques, "you don't notice it" "nobody needs that" "games look great already". Guess we'll see how things develop over the next five years.

6. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Thing is, with the current technology, Raytracing is not ready for serious use, especially in simracing, where many people prefer (very) high framerates over graphic effects.

Within this EA phase, I realized, that simracing has completely different demands than other games like first person shooters.
    All these things like flickering, viewing distance and a very smooth performance are not such a great deal in other games.
    When I play Battlefield for example, it's mostly relatively close combat and everything is moving fast. You look in one direction and in an blink of an eye you look to the richt and have a completely new picture in front of you.
    In racing sims, you look on the same dashboard for hours sometimes and to concentrate on spots like braking points or apexes for several seconds sometimes ("don't miss that 100m marker, don't miss that 100m marker").
    I guess, these are big challenges for the devs to solve, because I'm sure, when developing the Unreal Engine, Epic didn't have this genre in mind.

YobSoddoth, Cote Dazur, th3o and 6 others like this.
  7. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I just hope that maybe two things are fixed:

- start process: right now every race seems to start from the pits in random (?) order
    - less "Fatal error" crashes: had a really, really good race with some guy named Julian Peiker (or something of the sorts) for 6-7 laps before my game crashed :(

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Driver swaps...that’s funny. There are so many basic things that need to be addressed first IMO. I agree with Ricky above with race starts and fatal errors. And to add race finishes as well. For me, the basics I’d like to see addressed are better FFB, especially how the front end of the cars react, and better curb behavior as what I’ve seen too many times defies the laws of physics. Many people are bringing up the same issues. Other than that, continued development that have been mentioned here and in the forum. Driver swaps...lol.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. +1 :)

10. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I'm in the same boat .. running a GTX 1060 3Gb and 98% sure I'm going to pick up a RTX 2060 fairly soon after launch....

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

[​IMG]

"ACC has cartoony colours" :rolleyes: :D

The damn cartoons... look more and more real. Too bad my cartoons aren't in 4K

12. Turk

Turk Alien

I haven't experienced anything that defies the laws of physics. The curbs are definitely on another level from any other sim I've played, they can make or break a lap.

I didn't notice any issue with FFB either, I've heard people say they can't feel understeer but I could, it was painfully obvious to me when it was happening.

13. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Good for you. FFB wise, the front end is DEAD when it comes to understeer as you said. The curbs need work, but let’s just disagree. I downloaded rf2 last week for the first time in 5-6 years, and the ffb is light years ahead of ACC. Not even close.

14. trutya

trutya Simracer

wow, this is impressive, really.
    (but why did they swap the colors on the armco? :D)

mms and Son like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

I didn't say front end is dead, I said I can feel it and it's obvious.

jaxx_za likes this.
  16. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

You said that you heard people couldn’t feel understeer and that’s what I was referencing. You say it’s painfully obvious you feel it. I’m saying that it’s dead with relation to understeer, with zero sensation whatsoever. Zero, nothing, nada. I thought my wheel was the issue but when I booted up rfactor, it was a totally different world. Fantastic ffb under just about any condition, active and quite lively.

17. trutya

trutya Simracer

did you try to increase the caster in front? with low values it's truly dead, around 10 it's much better.

18. I've to agree here.
    I've to agree here. No feel at the wheel. Especially at Hungary. Beside curb and some corner forces my wheel is dead.

Also the multiplayer is punishing you for trying it. If you don't get a UR4 crash (99%) you stay in the pit or spawn in other cars. In the last case you've to force close the game as quick as possible before your wheel gets broken.
    At the moment a very frustrating experience.

19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

So i have been thinking...we did not see the developers for a while replying on forums..and as much i would like to think they are working hard on next release i just believe they are liking that Driver Swap option in game so they just keep playing the damn game..that is why we dont see them around anymore... :D

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  20. Jacorius

Jacorius Gamer

I hope for a better configuration of controllers in the next release so I can finally play this game with Steamplay on linux.;)
    Keep up the good work Kunos and best wishes for the new year.