1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Well my view is.... take your time.
    I would rather have a fully functioning game 2 months late than a rushed game on time.
    I am in it for the long haul, and plan on playing this for years to come.
    All this EA will be in the past and forgotten about before we know it, but a badly optimised final game will be remembered for a long time.
    I think you are doing a great job and look forward to each release regardless how light/heavy it might be on features.

2. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

+1 I don't care if it takes more time
    I am already happy with the actual content ! :D

3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

As an actor scripts get re-worked all the time and even on the day of filming sometimes a half hour before shooting. So anything is possible to change at a moments notice because its just not working for one reason or another.

Just had a go in .5 and I like the Jag just wish it wouldn't let go so easy on one of my laps but I keep on keepin on:D

sissydriver likes this.
  4. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Would you be happy if the discount was extended? Or would you then say "It's not fair! We paid earlier!" o_O

5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Just take the time you need to get an excellent result. That's the only thing I wanted to say.

sissydriver and anthony galmiche like this.
  6. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I would too if multiplayer was at least barely working and game didn't crash every 20 minutes...

7. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

8. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Happy with this release so far !
    In VR, the menu disppearing bug has been fix, it’s great, but still the UI disappear behind the car. In the Lambo it doesn’t much matter, but in the Jag I can’t see nearly anything.
    It’s more and more annoying, it forces me to play with VR pixel density to 100, it’s too blurry like this...

9. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Did at least cross you mind that they are making their best. They to turn back and rewrite code, night and day he said. Thinks not always go as planed.
    They give us the chance to go on a early access roadmap beginning at a low price, waiting for sim racers feedback and criticism, listen the community. For those new here, that's the Kunos way. And people are always complaining.

This forum is full of crying kids. That's the new way off life, I want it all and now!

Of course I also want to enjoy a top multiplayer experience as soon as possible I am not a single players, but also know that good things come with working time. In the meantime I been imagine that we will have driver swapping with an animation, going out of the car and see your teammate enter and lunch, all that recognizing him by his helmet and race suit.
    In my opinion ACC is the most immersive PC sim driving experience to date at the current state, the cars physics, the FFB, the track fidelity, the sound, nothing comes closer.

Tim Meuris, Micii1, jaxx_za and 3 others like this.
  10. RS10

RS10 Simracer

To me it seemed like the price was connected to the amount of content and gameplay mechanics in the game, especially the MP, remember that the first change to the price came with the basic multiplayer, the full price was supposed to come with the advanced multiplayer, but that's not here yet and the 'basic' multiplayer hasn't properly worked for many even though we had another release (v0.4) in between - and it's not that we're just getting the game cheaper just because we bought it earlier, we're beta testers + quality assurance ... we're feeding the rating system with valuable data for example - without the feedback and the countless hours put into the game by everyone who bought it so far the game would get torn to pieces if it released as 1.0 with all the issues it had in EA

But to answer you question:
    I'm not complaining, i just find it slightly amusing
    I also wouldn't complain if they kept the lower price since I was trying to convince two of my friends to buy the game for the slightly lower price (35€, already convinced one to get it for 25) but now that there's another update with no improvements to some crucial parts of the game and the certainty that some gameplay elements won't even make it into 1.0 i doubt they will get the game at all

11. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I am liking the new mirrors at leas now you can see the other cars coming up on the left had side. And a big improvement on the image quality as well at least from my side of things.
    From this
    [​IMG]
    To this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also I love the amount of night lighting at Zolder you really need to use the endurance car with the extra lights to see into the dark.
    Thanks a heap team well done.

sissydriver likes this.
  12. Jordan Louis

Jordan Louis Gamer

Wow, this track is beautiful! Setting a new bar in the sim world. The new Nvidia driver and new ACC build go well together. I admit I'm mostly only doing Superpole runs but how fantastic having some great laser scanned tracks with an insane amount of detail. The Lambo feels amazing at the new track, can really feel the steering loads on throttle vs brakes, something not so noticeable at PR. Keep up the good work!

jaxx_za and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  13. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Take your time, but give us a solid game.

We have AC for the meanwhile, so again, take your time but make a good game.

14. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

To Devs: Please make for other cars mirrors the same treatment you made for the jaguar one........

15. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Love the Jag

16. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Right had a quick 15 laps with the new combo and love it.
    If I had any complaints (bare in mind in play VR only using the Rift) is that the menu and stats at the top are hid behind the car like they are on the Lambo.
    Also the scaling looks a little out, where my hands look huge and the passenger side door is out of reach, where I am sure you would be able to touch the passenger door in real life without much effort.
    Also I was hoping it was going to be a right hooker like the Bentley, rather than a southpaw.

On another note, Isn't that blind brow brutal?
    It reminds me a little of The Corkscrew.

17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Personally I'm not that worried about MP being held back, I'd rather them sort this horrible looking engine out, for me personally the peformance has dropped abit but the main thing is the AA looks even worst and more constant and more wide spread especially on the white line than previous builds, just spoils the whole look. The new mirrors do look better, but in the case of the Jag the interior mirror seems to be looking way to far to the left, it picks up the wall more than the track, unless you wanna sit in the back seat, which I don't like doing so the mirror becomes pointless.
    As for the new content Zolder looks very nice and so the Jag.
    Tyres seem to be causing more curb grabbing than before, and the FFB seems flatter.
    Also I normally have my ingame rotation set at 360° then turn the real and virtual wheel in via the steering scaling so they match up, means I don't have to rotate my wheel so far, in this build I can do all of that as normal, but that actual amount I have to change seems to be the same if I was using 900°.

18. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Ok feedback for this build is nearly all negative I'm sorry to say...

* Don't like Zolder at least not for hotlapping. Irritating chicanes, no corners that I really like. That's just me though.

* No (currently visible) progress on MP and on FFB (and triples but that was not really expected).

* I don't really care about the car.

* No "static windmills=on" option I think :)

I don't care for Monza either (that only has one nice corner combo) so I think I'll park this until release.

Time until all servers crashed to short to see if MP stability has improved...

19. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I do understand your position, I'm really pointing out the general predicament for developers once the road map changes. Also what will be most detrimental? changing the dates or releasing in a state less complete than intended? And, what information should be provided at any given stage and how could it be misconstrued?
    Tricky stuff, not just how best to build it but how to present the process and what to call it at any stage. Fixed progress dates and corresponding variable pricing seems simple enough, I think the timeline could have used some asterisks though for developmental considerations which are harder to insert now.

The direction seems to be towards quality over release features/times which is great. As hard as giving us the bad news on the timeline goes, it's either that or calling 0.* 1.0. Discounting any time soon or around release isn't a wise option either due to the tiered pricing marketing for early supporters.
    Hold the course(a!), thanks and good luck.

20. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Just completed a 30 minute quick race. Things that I noticed:
    • Player name still not being shown in the timetables and instead it's the driver name. I know it used to show my name everywhere unless I'm going crazy.
    • Lap timer still disappears on the last lap.
    • Safety rating is tanking at a crazy rate - lost around 10 points in one lap without touching anyone
    • Gaps between the leading car, leading group and the rest of cars is still massive. 1st and 2nd were not even visible on the map, 3-6th position were ahead of me for the most of the race and cars behind me were a long way away all bunched up.
    • New bug: finished the race in 7th, results showed me as 9th. Great.
    • Time of day selection is now available in quick races (something I know was missing as I specifically tried changing it last week and couldn't find an option).
    • Hotlap times are not recording.
    • Not a complaint but boy does Jaguar like to lose its rear end. Hard to take corners with it using a gamepad.
    • Albeit not a bad track (used to race Zolder a lot in R3R) but quite a few corner kerbs are darn annoying, especially on a gamepad where your rear end gets kicked out with almost no chance to save. As a result I end up driving like a granny and losing a tonne of time. The car is alright but the rear end is too loose for my liking so I'll probably stick with BMW.
    Will probably discover more bugs but all in all doesn't feel like much has changed and it's only 2-3 months till release. I'm getting slightly worried.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019