1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So after spending the evening with build 5 I start with the positives:

Zolder looks great! The LS gives this track an incredible flow no mod version I’ve tried yet can match. I really enjoyed the roller coaster part.

The Jag is awesome, looks good and is a fun ride.

The bad thing is my old system cannot handle ACC in it’s current state. While reaching acceptable frame rates from 60 to 100 depending on the number of ai, the gameplay is anything but smooth. Stuttering and system slowdowns galore.
    So I decided to uninstall and part with it. Maybe I’ll come back after 1.0, but I have my doubts it will improve much on my system.
    I wish Kunos all the best on their endeavor!
    So long guys.

GRFOCO and mms like this.
  2. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Those who are dissapointed with the progress of the EA looks like don't have a clue about developing a software...
    If you want a solid stable game with all the features wait untill launch, otherwise don't bother yourself.
    At this stage the most important thing for the developers are taking the right path on making things, and it doesn't matter if it will be the reworking or rewriting the whole engine, if this will make the end product better then this should be done.
    Kunos team is known for their dedecation and love of what they are doing, and delivering a good product. So I thinkg we should less whine about we didn't get in a EA build, and support the people who are coding day and night.
    Peace =)

The last time a started the game was at build 3, I got the idea about the handling, I saw the potential in the graphics, and now I just patiently wait for the release.
    Maybe in between I will try the last build, just to be able to compare it with the release build.

3. Retrolux

Retrolux Racer

Hey Kunos, take your time needed to get things right.

I always felt that your roadmap for the early access was very closely timed. But still even then you managed to almost reach every goals from it. Quite remarkable especially while keeping up a great communication toward the community.
    For my taste each bigger update could be in a 3 month intervall so I have more time to learn each track and car properly before a new content comes , haha :p

mms likes this.
  4. Nupss

Nupss Rookie

Equally having a more stable and functioning multiplayer right now would allow a lot more people to play and be able to provide feedback for KUNOS simply through more hours played. Right now, you could argue the multiplayer is not in a state to allow for constructive criticism for the benefit of the development of the game except for "my client is crashing/race position is incorrect". KUNOS made the choice to go through the Early Access program and it's downsides. It also has benefits besides the upfront cash and people seem disappointed that they might not be reaping the benefits enough of having an early playerbase for feedback and sheer playtime purposes.

OrganDonor and Karsten Beoulve like this.
  5. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Positive things 0.5
    +nice car,,
    +very good rendered circuit indeed
    +overall car handling subtle improvement,,

Bad things 0.5
    -Vr same even worse fps are less it looks that performance is worse ,no mouse for vr,
    -no enhanced multiplayer,far from “enhanced multiplayer”not even basic,servers down and game crashes..
    Quite behind schedule.
    -still menus are the same,(no more options)

It is a mixed feeling...probably the game development it is more complexed than expected
    And Acc is in the middle stage of EA....wait...it is already 0.5...should not be more polished
    At least for MP?....
    Rgds

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Correct decision, Kunos team, and by what I take from Minolin's words, doing the rewrite is the the path of reason - and quality. Both is preferred to rushed stuff. If one finds one has entered a dead end, one moves back some steps, to the last crossroad, and chooses another way. Nothing there to complain about.

Too much kiddy-impatience and stomping-feet-behaviour in here. If you need candies now and immediately - stores and supermarkets usually sell them, so run run run.

7. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

I always thought Kunos/505 should have charged more for the privilege of taking part in early access and reading some of the comments in this thread has only reinforced that view. Thanks for the update, keep up the good work and take as long as you need to get things right :)

chksix, sps_for_race and Mr.Mugel like this.
  8. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

The Jaguar sounds like the Huracan? :confused:

9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yeah Luca said hotfix coming :)

Echo_29 likes this.
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Going back to the mirrors, they do seem to be a better quality apart from the Bentley which still comes from then dark ages..

11. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Oh good good, I know multiplayer isn't at its best state right now, but Kunos please add the option for a password at least, I would love to just have a private session with my friends to test these new builds!

bgil66 likes this.
  12. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

I read somes of the comments in the topic and it seems like a lot of people did not even read the original post or have a complete lack text comprehension skills. :)

Regarding the release, as passionate simracer I am really unhappy! I want to race these sexy cars with other people! But a sensible person in me truly believes its a smart way to go and I already written somewhere before that chasing roadmap should stop. It was really tight as it was. Now, the only improvement which I believe could have been made from Kunos side is more communication for us, early supporters. Most of us are super passionate about the sim and would eat every bit of news as hot cookies. It would also help make some other people feel calmer.. :))

Now, with a hope of improved communication - @Minolin, could you confirm / deny if the update for rewritten MP might come earlier with a patch instead of v0.6? :) Just so we know what we might expect.. ;)

Keep on grinding guys, we trust you!

13. arkoudadis

arkoudadis Gamer

@Minolin Best news about ACC development! The fact that you are able to say screw you Roadmap and take a slower and more stable approach to the development is music to my ears!! Please dont rush it and take your time to make it right! Better late than unfixable! Same goes to every development team in acc! As long as you are able to postpone updates to fix things or to make them more stable please do so!
    #no_more_bandages

14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

States in the release notes..
    Doesn't seem correct to me, the Lambo I believe does not have a full manual clutch, if it does it doesn't work ingame to allow for the launch control to work..

15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Not doing so much driving these days, but I had to do a quick test with the new content.

Zolder has a unique atmosphere, feels pretty nice, even though it´s on the edge of what I´d personally say makes sense for GT3 with those tight chicanes.
    Jaguar is quite nice, loose but can be handled, a bit of TC goes ways. Had to test it at Nürburgring as well and ended up giving the 488 and the Beemer another go as well. As said, I don´t do a lot of driving due to being away for work, so I can´t do a real physics comparison, but it still feels solid for me. I guess a stronger/heavier wheel might get a lot more out of it compared to my trusty old G25.

And I really found a sweet spot with the graphics settings, really enjoy the graphics by now, even though it´s quite hardware demanding.

Also I personally don´t mind it a lot that a slight delay came up with the roadmap. After all it´s a roadmap and not really a contract I guess. It´s early access after all.

Keep it up!

16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I do appreciate what you're trying to do with the game and that's why I think your "rewrite" will pay of in the end.

Now I may not be affected by the ongoing triple-screen (native) issue or lack thereof, but I do think it would be in everyone's interest to get back to those guys that do before their conspiracy theories nuke the thread.

They don't ask for much, just a bump/nudge or a tidbit of information; assuring them that you're aware of it and/or are experimenting with different solutions.

However I'm just happy my BMW got a new friend and a few more kilometers of asphalt to play with.

17. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Cool track and car, but that was expected. Still no changes to optimization, and time is running out, only 2 and a half months until release.

While the changes to MP are understandable, you guys should have communicated before about them, instead of getting everyone by surprise.

18. manudouet

manudouet Gamer

- Good work with texture memory optimization, I don't have to choose between good texture or smooth fps anymore (gtx770) :)
    - Zolder looks good, more interesting than I expected.
    - Jag is really different than others front engine car. Nice to drive.
    - rewrite of the MP feel like a good news, I was worried about that one. I think most of us will be preferred quality over schedule.

Keep the good work.

TDS, sissydriver and mikendrix like this.
  19. corey.rogers

corey.rogers Gamer

Thanks Minolin, your post has increased my faith in your team even more. I love how you engage the ACC community and I'm impressed that Kunos is willing to take a step back for long term benefits. That's good business practice and will result in less work in the future in the title or future titles based on this experience. Well done.

Freddie Seng, TDS, AurusCE and 4 others like this.
  20. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

I've swung by to throw some support in here. It looks a bit like a - ACC Blancomplain thread here at times which is quite silly considering most(if not all) of us knowingly signed up for a ***unfinished*** Beta game with a roadmap in plain sight. Anyways I am happy with the progress so far and can see where it is headed. For the record Windows 10 was released mid-2015 and I am still waiting for that to come out of beta so IMO well done Kunos/505 keep up the good work. I'd rather it be right and take longer than quick and buggy.

Tim Meuris, Freddie Seng, TDS and 7 others like this.