1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm all for taking a step back, learning lessons from the journey so far, and incorporating those lessons into a solid foundation.

TDS likes this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its not been held back just to keep it out of our hands, mp has been held back due to it not being as good as they hoped and so rebuilding is needed to make it a better end product. There would be very little point to release a second fork that's likely more broken then we have with more features, that's been abandoned and being re written so any feedback on that fork is useless. As is any more dev time spent on it a total waste of resources, I haven't tried the new build yet but suspected this may come up as clearly MP was not where the devs hoped it would be at this point.

Its quite likely that the final release may be pushed back a bit longer too, but they also said development will continue post release. There is no point releasing broken code at which point they cant re write it so at best they would need a lot of bandaid fixes that the rewrite will hopefully be able to avoid for a better end result. Its EA and the roadmap was a plan they fully intended to stick to but a fairly tight schedule it was fairly optimistic and needed to be fairly smooth running to stick to this.

chksix and TDS like this.
  3. Stains

Stains Simracer

Enjoy wherever you go but don't forget to shut the door behind you ;)

chksix likes this.
  4. XChoke

XChoke Rookie

Still haven't fixed the FFB bug where it's completely stuffed if you alt tab out. You have to restart your whole machine - even thught FFB continues to work just fine in other games. It's so frustrating that it makes me stop playing this game as I only restart my machine like once a week if that.

5. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Brief thoughts:
    I want to start off with commending Kunos on making the tough decision of restarting the development cycle on MP. Do take your time, fellas, make it ****ing good! That said, there's no way that change of direction was established in a day, i find that hard to believe, and waiting for the incremental Release day to tell everyone that not all the features on the roadmap are being released is a atypically shady of you guys. Maybe this stings me in particular because until MultiPlayer sessions have passwords, there isn't much for me to do in the game. Not sure.

Please keep up the good work, and please keep us in the loop!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

That's the number one reason why I've barely used ACC in the last two months. If I have to do something else for a short while (either at the PC or otherwise) I have to either leave ACC running with the GPU at 100% in the main menu, or close it have have to reboot windows before running it again.

A potential solution was suggested two months ago by Mika from Granite Devices but appears to have been completely ignored.

7. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

Agree, rewriting code is a brave move!
    But what is rewrited code good for, when the physics and FF of the game is simply not good ? I meen not good for sim. I am sure it will find its users.

I understand also, that the game developing is too much complicated. On the other hand, now after update 5 we are one update before releasing. And except adding cars and tracks there are no changes.

The devs still repeats how the main focus is on steam. But even now, you can see the whole game is prepeared for consoles and controlers, inculuding physics and FF. It is going to be another project cars.

I would love to be wrong, cause AC is my favourite game.

8. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

sorry for double post.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's a strange mix of opinion/observation and false conclusions. I disagree with all of it but then again it's pretty obvious that you're trolling.

10. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

WOW that statement is just wrong on so many levels it's not funny

mikendrix, LATE4APEX and sissydriver like this.
  11. trutya

trutya Simracer

i'm supporting the developers aswell for taking a step back to make the final game even better.
    until that i'll keep playing and testing single player mode, with the tracks i know the AI and pit window works better (Misano, Hungaroring, PR, hopefully Zolder too), if i find new bugs/issues i'll post but i guess all those gameplay thing will be sorted out in the final release. at least i hope very much.
    the new car feels nice, it's like what i expected, a shorter but front engined car, less boat-like than BMW or Bentley, and i like the mirrors. with agressive setup it feels a bit loose but i think it can be improved. i'd like to try it with a sprint and an endurace race too, let's see how it works.

to be honest i'm happy that they changed the last car to the Nissan, more known car in the endurance field (i'm only sad because the Acura was driven by the son of Depailler on my avatar) - but let's deal with it.
    i'm already waiting for Monza and a good, real 3h endurance race with no bugs :D

and sadly i guess we'll make the EA process only with 20 AI cars, i hoped there will be more with time goes but still not. maybe in the final release, with 40 cars i'd be happy.

OrganDonor likes this.
  12. Release days are rough over in kiwiland, you get this brief sniff before breakfast (hits 6am local time) then it's off to work, get all the afterwork stuff done, and fiiiiiinnnally get to have a play a good 12-14 hrs after you lot have gone and set some good times to start chasing. Thank you @Minolin for the write up - good move refactoring if it needs to be done. Here's hoping "git merge multiplayer-version-2" is seamless at whatever point down the road it happens :)

Suffice to say Team, excellent work on Zolder. It's a surprisingly physical track with all the chicanes, fully stoked trying it out with motion, although definitely got to avoid the car launching curbs !

Every new laser scanned track to the stable is very much appreciated.

13. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Not sure what the fuss is about re MP code; is it a bummer to have to rewrite the code? Absolutely! I'd rather have it all now :p

But then again - I'd rather wait and have a good, stable code then instead of having a bad code now and forever...

anthonylroy and Son like this.
  14. Nupss

Nupss Rookie

You're right and I don't disagree with the choice to rewrite the code base for an ultimately better MP experience. The final product is more important than an EA roadmap. This doesn't change that I, along with I expect many others, feel a bit underutilized as an EA player. It just hasn't been possible to provide valuable feedback besides the SP content for a while now and that remains disappointing for an EA program. I hope KUNOS is getting enough value out of EA and it isn't dragging them down instead. The cars and tracks so far are magnificent, fingers crossed for MP to follow shortly.

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

They likely didn't just start rewriting code yesterday, seeing they had issue from before the first MP release I assume this decision was made a month or more ago. So they possibly hoped to have this new code ready to go by this build but couldn't make the deadline.

Regarding being written for console I have to strongly disagree, the Physics and FFB for me are the strongest points of ACC using a DD wheel and high end pedals. Its nothing Like PC2, I haven't used it as much as I would had MP been at a raceable level at least but its not and I can accept to just wait longer for this. Im sure nobody wanted the delay and the devs/coders would be the top of this list. Not only are they not able to meet their projected timeline but they also are the poor guys needing to redo lots of work that has likely set them back a month or more already with all early MP code likely wasted and put in the trash.

steno and sissydriver like this.
  16. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I don't want to think, how "relaxing" the holidays were for the devs and their families.

LeDude83, sissydriver and Karolinis like this.
  17. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

TBH I stopped using multiplier since the previous release and I’m pleased the devs recognised the need to rewrite it. So that’s a plus in my books.
    I still have to benchmark the game which I will this weekend. For all my MP needs there’s iRacing. Yes I am paying to play online...
    If it were me, I would rather lengthen the EA period with two more releases just to get the ranking and multiplayer sorted before it goes final.
    But remember, games like iRacing get an update nearly weekly to tweak stuff, and major updates on a regular basis (3-6 months) and they get away with that because they have a solid multiplayer experience and ranking system.

18. rpm

rpm Racer

If the netcode does not work, spectators wont work. I hope they make you able to see what physics another player's car is going though. Right now it feels more like an averaged coordinate moving around, especially over 200ms. I am looking forward to what they come up with. AC worked so they have at least gotten it right before.

19. Carla

Carla Rookie

In Kunos We Trust....

Do what you gotta do guys. Thanks for the update Minolin, and we already know that if you guys ran into any problems while building ACC,...well, it was most likely Aris's fault anyways..:p
    What the heck did you do Aris!? Someone better go wake up Stefano:p

AC/ACC #1

sissydriver likes this.
  20. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

hotfix coming today!