1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Works well since Release 4 incl. broadcasting tool.

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

About my personal experience : I have not been very active in ACC, with the build v0.3 and 0.4.
    I was a bit bored (perhaps by simracing in general) and I just played 3 or 4 hours with this 2 builds.

I downloaded the new update yesterday without too much hype but, actually, I had a blast with both the car and the track!!!!
    The field of view is a bit limitated, in VR, with the jaguar (I have the same sensation with the Bentley) but the car is very nice.

I tried the 2 first special events and I am faster with the jaguar, in comparison with the Ferrari.
    However with the Ferrari, the windshield is very large and I have a much better view... much much easier too see the curbs too.

The track is fantastic. With Spa, and now Zolder, I am very proud to be belgian ;)

Just one problem detected : in VR, when I go back to the pits, I don't have the setup menu anymore. I have to restart the session.

In conclusion : great work Kunos.

Carla, Echo_29, mikendrix and 3 others like this.
  3. In screen mode too !!!!
    Kunos, could you fix that ?
    @Kunos, easy to reproduce the failure :
    Go to first special event, drive a few second, and press ESC on keyboard. Impossible to see the setup menu entry...
    Thanks

4. Bienlo55

Bienlo55 Gamer

@Minolin
    Up to now GREAT WORK. Good decision to take care of MP.
    Thank you very much for your work and the work of your colleagues.
    Happy New Year! :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi David, by "first special event" do you mean hotlap mode?

6. Hi Luca, yes, the special event with jag on zolder in hotlap mode.
    Thanks for your help !

7. Jam-gino

Jam-gino Rookie

imposible hacer activo para corsa competizione reconocer mi g25.
    Lo reconoce sin problemas assetto corsa 1, pero no puede aparecer en la nueva versión.
    He desinstalado e instalado los controladores, etc., y no puedo hacer que funcione.
    ¿Alguna solución para hacerlo totalmente funcional y reconocer el dispositivo?
    gracias

8. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

This bug was introduced after the 1st 0.4 hotfix, I flagged it at the time

David Bertholom likes this.
  9. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ok, the devs are refactoring the code behind this and other functionalities. It will work as expected in future releases, thanks for your patience. :)

Epistolarius, LHMGTR, AurusCE and 6 others like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

Good to hear Kunos are going to such lengths to make multiplayer work. I think the delay will be worth it in the long run. The fact they're going back to rewrite code shows there's plans for this sim beyond release.

The lower price was a special offer, they didn't have to do that. It let us that follow Kunos get the game cheap. Kunos is a business, I thought they were daft for giving the game away for next to nothing, at some point they have to start charging a reasonable price.

Karolinis and mr Switchblade like this.
  11. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Finally had a chance to drive the Jag - loved the car. The only annoying thing as that the first gear is sooooo long, always loosing ground after that hairpin in Zolder. I love ffb in this car - very reactive for the back moving out and seems that I can feel some grip loss in the front. I was already thinking that the FFB overall got improved but driving ferrari afterwards, it felt the same as before. :)

I have one bug thoug - no ABS sound. And it is showing as disabled in AUDIO options.. Is it only me?

IMG_20190117_201335.jpg

12. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'm fine with you guys rewriting some stuff but as some guys already worte, it would have been nice to get informed a bit earlier :/

Also if you don't make it until march to get the game running properly (because you said you wanted to add features post 1.0) please delay the full release. I wouldn't mind to get my hands on a stable 1.0 experience like half a year later. The thing is, if you release a "broken" 1.0 there will be only a relativly little playerbase and to get the potential players back after fixing the game would be hard. A paragon for this would be No Man's Sky. But I guess you guys know about the possible consequences, I'm just worried because I really was planning to play this game for a long time.

Tim Meuris and Freddie Seng like this.
  13. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Even though I am of the opinion that considering the lack of improvement in Vr,triple screen support,,and above all,Mp,and rating implementation/Mp .very...very dissapointing, for this release 0.5(by the way the most expected and the most “empty”release till now,a step back in performance clearly(vr))I have the impression that this highly addictive racing sim will deliver a solid product,,but much later than q1- 2019,,as stated..
    if Kunos fixes The key point,,mp/rating implementation mainly as well as /vr/triple support/ and a solid config menu(FFB,graphics,etc)......withouth that it will pretty much a restricted racing sim with only a bunch of gt cars and 10 tracks...with good FFB,but not better than older titles..
    Acc it is on EA ,more or less everybody understand that unforeseen software mishaps may occur,,but as a customer, I expect a product that delivers what it was expected,,the delays can be accepted,
    But ,the lack of delivery not....a way of saying,,I would rather wait till final release for an impressive product when ready than Having one with bugs in MP,crashes,servers withouth considering safety rating,Vr blurry,no triple screen ,fps poorly optimized,etc.
    once it is accepted the fact that the releases schedule will not be fully met and” frustration “cooled down..it is better
    To be optimistic and wait for better releases.
    Keep it up KunOs.

14. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Really ? For me it seems the contrary. For the first time I could play the Lambo/Nurburgring race in « normal condition » with the stock engine.ini and Vr.pixel density to 130.
    I could keep nearly stable 45fps all along the event (see my rig below)
    After 0.5 I had the same performance but wit VR Pixel density to 100

15. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I wouldn't say that people expressing their concerns neccessarily means they're complaining. There are many people here whose native language is not English and there are many who just can't express their thoughts as eloquently as others. In my view, even if something looks like a childish complaint it should still be perceived as constructive criticism, because those are issues reported with the current version of the game by people actually playing (i.e. testing) it.

Just to make it clear I'm not worried or ranting about the state of the game because 1) I'm a software developer myself so I know how long things can take, let alone with complicated codebases like this and 2) I'm fully aware that this is early access and I bought into knowing that my experience wouldn't be perfect. However... Don't forget that there is only one (ONE!) build remaining before the official launch of the game in Q1 2019 (if you can believe their roadmap), which, if you put it into perspective, means only 8-9 weeks till the official launch. I hope you'll agree that the current state of the game is far from being final - UI looks like a placeholder, multiplayer is non-existant, physics are still being tweaked, mirrors STILL don't show what they should and god knows how many more issues still persist out of those that have been reported on these forums over the last few months.

I would, personally, be mighty worried if I was one of the managers at Kunos responsible for delivering this product on time. Costs are ever increasing and the decision to rewrite the whole networking code (or is it more than that?) is rather shocking for me as a software developer. A rewrite is not a refactor (links included for those interested to read about it). It's a massive change usually affecting a large part of your codebase and requiring a lot of work to make it functional again. It's generally acceptable to do it in the first few months of the project, but so close to launch? Strange to say the least.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope all goes well. I think this will be by far the best sim out of all on the market and I believe this will set a new benchmark for everyone to match if they want to be at least as good (driver ratings alone are worth gold). All I want is for Kunos to actually acknowldge us as worthy of being involved in the development of the game and stop treating this forum as a bug tracker at best. I participated in the Project Cars development and the game is what it is only because of the hundreds of people giving their input. This forum, in contrary, is just a landing page so that Kunos can say there's a forum but in reality we're left to ourselves with not much communication or feedback from them and only an occasional hotfix update.

16. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

The challenge with devs trying to interact more with the community via the forums, is the amount of effort that will be required to moderate thereafter.

I can recall a number of users being banned from the PCARS forum during development, for various reasons. I'm yet to come across one ban on these forums (despite all the insults that are thrown at the devs).

The reason is just that - moderation. If you choose to share and interact with the user base via the forum, you have to be prepared to strictly moderate in order to keep the channel productive.

WMD seems to have had the resources to moderate; Kunos in the other hand is a small team and don't seem to have the spare resources to closely manage the forum.

In such a case, oversharing on the forum will be suicide. Imagine if Kunos announced in December that they were delaying MP due to a rewrite? These forums would've been overrun with doomsday threads. The devs would get little value if they are constantly trying to filter out the threads with real feedback on release 4. EA backers would see no value in a forum filled with whining, and potential buyers would think the game was a failure.

I personally think in such a scenario the only option is what they're doing right now - keeping their heads down working the issues, and only interacting on the forum as and when needed.

BTW, the EA promise was to give customers access to the title in development, and not necessarily to respond to every users query, comment, concern or frustration. They are listening, just not responding for the reasons above.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  17. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

I see where you're coming from and it's quite a valid argument. However, the game is being sold on certain milestones and price points, so it makes more sense to communicate such issues clearly and in good time so as not to have dissatisfied customers, demanding refunds because 'MP is broken, but it says it'll be advanced'. Yes, it's early access, and most of us here, especially those of us who bought in at ground zero, understand there will be hiccups along the path.
    Now please don't get me wrong, I am in no way dissatisfied with the game or the brave choices of the developers. I love the game, I don't even mind the multiplayer as it is now (save fatal errors) and i'm quite happy pootling around in whatever cars and tracks come our way until release. I'm just playing devils advocate, and also I do think that a little forewarning and expectation management would go a long way in easing the path of development.

Lets just hope the devs can pull it all back on track soon enough. :D

OrganDonor and jaxx_za like this.
  18. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I agree with everything you've said except for the above. I don't think the price points were related to development milestones, but rather time based - the sooner you opt in, the less you pay. Because at the end everyone still gets the full game at no extra charge.

Further, they published a roadmap to inform potential backers of their plans - it was by no means a contract of milestones tied to the releases. I think that's were the big misunderstanding is coming in - people are seeing the roadmap as a contract - but roadmaps change all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fnegroni, Carla and mms like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Once upon a time there was great and plenty interaction with the devs on these forums...

20. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I thought you were leaving?:p