1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Assetto Corsa Competizione - Another great journey is about to begin!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Aristotelis, Sep 5, 2018.

1. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

It is very Impressive the amount of detail and work placed into this sim on the paper,,,
    But it is sad that all that hard work is not perceived yet into the wheels,,,at least for so many,,,
    Recently I have had a complete round with same circuit,same car,same conditions,with all other racing sims out there,,and so far Acc is not delivering any of the promises except the weather,the day/night cycle,and graphics.
    And I will make a short description of why.

1- FFB is poorly replicated in some wheels,ex lg29,..and the overall experience is numb...you can hardly feel anything yet but of course,this is EA,,just if it was as good as Ac1 would be great,,or half of good of raceroom...at the moment is not
    Not even mario kart.

2-textures for road/track circuit are kind of grey icy sort of video game ,not close to the textures found on iracing,or any others,,a completely disappointment..something similar even the Gt sports ! Would be acceptable,,,again,,,this is not
    What to expect for a new sim.
    However in wet conditions look much better,,no realistic patches,sort of flooded everywhere but hey, room for improvement.

3-Sounds are good,really good,,no complaints about it....above or at similar level than the best.inmersion is great but of course this depend largely on personal opinions.

4- weather /weather dynamics day/night is far superior to others,very good,and indeed a plus above all.whoever in charge of this ...good job!

5- handling...this is very arguably a weak point...car seems icy,understeer,hard to believe than anyone could make a 24 hours racing withouth crashing a doze of times!,,,,that is not the way this car should be,?,,and this is a very wrong approach..again any top sim (race room,iracing,rfactor ) is vast superior,,,the reason behind could be complex,but let us hope that is mainly for a simple reason..it is not completed yet.

6-licence/rating..it is fantastic that finally this is taken seriously..try to play with some other drivers with no respect
    Or rating is a nightmare in many many sims,,however in gt sports is very good implemented.

7-multiplayer,,is not implemented yet but it is the key to success,....for example gtsports is not impressive regarding physics or handling but it is fun fun because of multiplayer...if Acc is able to come close to this approach it will be fantastic.

8-the level of expectation is very very high,,,and this could really be the “one”,,as it is expected to have it all for those who like Gt cars,,
    Multiplayer/rating would be a killer for iracing,,,FFB if fixed could be a joy like rf2:eek: Race room or even the Ac1,
    Weather is far superior to others ,,at same level of Rf2 or better,,handling and physics....pff.i have no comment about that..a gt car must be demanding I suppose but not icy or undrivable,,,the tyre modeling in rf2 is much much much better,,the experience to drive rf2 for example is great as you can notice when is about to slip,skid,etc the car,,at the moment the Acc model you know it when you are out of the track..

9- finally,,not all are bad news,,,I would really doubt that KunOs is not working hard to deliver the best possible sim for
    That price,,the question is...will it be good enough!..?..
    This evening with release 2 will see the direction kunOs is heading into...I keep an optimistic thread,,,but just in case
    I will keep the other s race sim in my computer.

A.K.Racing likes this.
  2. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

I think you re speaking about the right joystick (aka funky switch) wich is not analog proportional like the left one.

At the moment, there is no way to assign the left joystick of a fanatec wheel or any other proportional channel to get a free look during driving. It's the same old technique as in AC1 wich really suxx by the way :/

Kopiller likes this.
  3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Yes my wheel only have a digital joystick.

4. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

So basicly it's the same thing as a button, so it's not considered as a channel and so not a free look.
    And on the P1, the D-pad is on the left not like the other Fanatec wheels where D-pad (funky switch) is on the right and analog stick on the left.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Gamer

Yes, I am also talking about the analogue (left) joystick. The right one is not a joystick, but a four-position switch with a built-in dial and can act as a button when pressed. It is useful for on-board computer controls or driving modes. The left one (or wherever there is an analogue one) would give a free look if it were programmed.

6. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

Thank you Kunos - I love it!

After I could only run one car with a decent framerate on my old machine I got myself a 'little' hardwareupdate (GPU+CPU+VR) last week and fired up ACC on my new VR headset last night. I've had one of my best sim experiences, everything runs smooth and works fine - I'm very very very happy with ACC and this is just EA :)

Cheers guys, fantastic job!

p.g.49 likes this.
  7. Afif

Afif Rookie

On Early Access Roadmap there's no Audi and Mercedes. Is this mean that both of them not gonna be feature on ACC?

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just means they wont feature in Early Access, The final game will feature the Full Sprint and Enduro roster for Blancpain 2018/2019 seasons.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What martcerv wrote. Not all the cars and tracks being listed for Early Access doesn't mean they won't be in the game at all, Kunos clearly advertise the game as including all content of the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Also, both are already in the sim as AI cars, no reason to expect they're not going to be driveable.

A.K.Racing likes this.
  10. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

Hi first of all I would like to thank you that you really did a good job with ffb after build 4 its feel fantastic!But still can get good feelings of the grip on limit!Do you have plan introduce more sliders for ffb like in AC?Thanks

Vel likes this.
  11. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

I do hope they will have dlc with nordschleife I do hope blancpain can close they eyes on it too!

LuckyMic likes this.
  12. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

also hope for dlc blancpain asia too!

Raklödder likes this.
  13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Visit this link
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/

Open FORUM RULES
    Read how to associate your steam account with forums.

and please try not to post more than 2 posts it can be seen as a spam..since you can EDIT your previous post and put what you need to write in it :)

A.K.Racing and chksix like this.
  14. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

Sound engineer not soundguy!

15. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

why I need associate my steam account!i want to keep it private!thanks

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/forum-rules.3/

i did not write the rules.. and also you can set your STEAM to private and it will show here just like a photo and nick but nobody will see any additional info

chksix likes this.
  17. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

Please I will do if I want it! are you admin??? but thanks anyway!

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

This is your question to a dev I think.
    This is the forum rule if you want any support.

IF YOU NEED HELP FOR ASSETTO CORSA :

- As said, associate your STEAM profile through this link and keep it associated
    - Make a signature with your PC specs and AC settings
    - ALWAYS attach your logs if you need support (Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs folder)

Then don't expect any official support and you will also not be permitted to access all the support forum sections. ;)

Dookie, Freddie Seng, chksix and 4 others like this.
  19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I got notice from Mosport that the series is coming in May of this year, and to other North American tracks.

1st, does anybody know if the teams showing up in North America are the same a those that race in Europe ?

2nd, since I raced at Mosport for a number of years, I fully expect Kunos to send somebody over to laser scan the track, and make it available in final release. :D

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

You mean Blancpain GT World Challenge America? So far no word from Kunos if they're going to expand the game to cover all Blancpain GT series world wide or not. The game was announced as Blancpain GT Series Sprint and Endurance Cup title, which at the time was Europe only. Expanding it would certainly make sense in the long term.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Freddie Seng likes this.