1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Windows mixed reality

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by charles childers, Jan 17, 2019.

1. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I totally agree that software is expected to do the job it's purchased for, and none of your examples have any relevance at all to PC leisure software.

Yes, I'm quite annoyed that in early access build 5 I can't use ACC because the UI for some reason is stuck 45 degrees to my left (it was ok earlier this evening, no idea why it's now screwed). But on the plus side, I'm not dead because of it.

2. That may be my problem. I come from development where it is done right the first time or it is not released so that is how I think.

3. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

I would say all software is expected to do the job, but then all software has bugs of one kind or another. All software has updates and fixes post release, unless abandoned. You're comparing EA to a software at 1.0+ release, so your point is still moot.

4. I have no problem with bugs. There will always be unexpected events or interactions. The fact that three releases later the same bugs are still there is a problem. That tells me the next release features are more important then the bug fixes for prior releases. That is coding to a schedule regardless of the quality. Not good practice.

coops likes this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Everybody knows that when ACC was made an "early release" was going to have issues until the final, thats what early release means.

If you don't understand what early release means, wait until the final release for the general public.

I have yet to experience ANY software that has not had issues, even though it was supposedly done right the first time.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  6. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

How can you possibly compare aircraft software development to gaming software development they are developed in completely different ways

The type of critical software for aircraft has to work first time because if it does not people die, that's why aircraft software is developed by thousands of people and is tested by a few thousand more before it is used. Where governments and international authorities have input and set seriously high standards. Comparing critical software to gaming software is unrealistic.
    Try to remember that ACC has not even been released yet. Why is it that people still don't understand the Meaning of EA.

I have no doubt that the developers at Kunos are working as hard as they can to resolve existing issues as well as ongoing continuing development, and they will succeed, i have no doubt. I am not a fanboy but I can already see the real potential of this game. Please have some perspective.

7. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

For users with wmr,,use your thumb stick hand set and press it down till a menu pops up..to reset the view in hdm.
    Then you will be able to see the menu at the proper height.
    Vr is supported in Acc but that doesn’t mean it works flawless,,in fact it is blurry,weird,no mouse,ackward ui,etc,I would say it is an experience at 70% of Rf2 or Pc2..at the moment in Vr..to give an idea.
    For wmr it is even worse..
    and as mentioned,,only a fraction of gamers uses vr,,
    In fact it looks that most of users do not use vr and many think it is not the future of sim racing,
    Furthermore .Acc at the moment is not for Vr nor for triple monitors,not even for MP,,it is a beta
    Early access with an excellent price when it was released in September ,,,now it is priced at full price unfortunately...with the trims/functionality hardly at 50%,,,,
    And most of the hot fixes are irrelevant considering major issues not targeted ,,although at least inMo they have explained. What it is going on and the reason of the delay,for Vr,triple,etc absolute silence....it is hard
    To know what to expect...
    Wait till 1.0 seems the most sensible thing to do with Acc...
    Rgds

8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I'm really enjoying ACC right now, at a great price, and know it will get even better, so happy.

Also being part of how it evolves, maybe in a VERY small way, but at least I have a place for my input.

Work on the high % usage issues, the lower % will follow.

9. Unexistant development?

anthonylroy and LATE4APEX like this.
  10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You live in Utopia then. That's a nice place to live on. I certainly envy you.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

f_deutsch likes this.
  11. Fletcher

Fletcher Rookie

Just still waiting for this fix....