1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Am I THAT bad or this the game really Hard/Inaccurate ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FastGipsy, Jan 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. FastGipsy

FastGipsy Rookie

Hello

I'm currently struggling really hard to Match laptimes on the Ring.

L've been playing this game for about 20 hours now.

Last time, it was with the Cayman GT4.
    This car "does" 7'42 around the famous track.

I'm running with TC on "Factory", same for ABS, and Stability control off. Sequential gearbox. The car is on the only tires compound available "Semi Slicks"

I'm doing cleans, fast laps. I'm racing as fast as possible. But somehow I can only manage 8'14. Really I couldn't go faster without going off track.

Which mean I'm roughly 30 SECONDS slower than what this car is capable of.

So here's my questions :

Am I a terribly bad driver ?
    Is this game glitched/inaccurate ?
    Was the real time done with Slicks ?

All the best, FastGipsy.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How can a game so good be so BAD Sep 20, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controller ffb BAD [gamepad rumble] Sep 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Game trackside cameras are bad, please fix Aug 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Game CTD [bad Thrustmaster wheel driver installation] Jul 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions The game is badly distributed Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Bad stuttering in game Jun 29, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer The quality of the Multiplayer in game in bad! Nov 28, 2018
    Console Lounge Console version badly flawed. Only pc modding has kept game in the limelight Jan 12, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds In game messages hit fps bad! Nov 20, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Constant bad fps - but not every game load. Oct 20, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cars haveing bad netcode at the start of each session Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer no bad ping or wifi racers allowed Jul 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Results bad json Dec 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions patch v 1.8.7.1 bad , doesn't work Dec 8, 2022

3. TDS

TDS Alien

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  4. TDS

TDS Alien

with only 20h in the AC game 30secs off the pace at the ring isn't bad tho, you will get the hang of it, lots of corners to master.

Ace Pumpkin, mms and Fabri Fibra like this.
  5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

People in this game are doing 7:29 on the semi slicks so you have 45 seconds to find

Fabri Fibra likes this.
  6. FastGipsy

FastGipsy Rookie

wow

So I AM terribly bad

anthony galmiche likes this.
  7. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

you do not forget the handbrake

I'm joking of course_:D

know that your time is quite honorable

if you want to stand in front of other drivers I propose you installed RSR Livetimming that you can find at this address: http: //www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/

with the instalation tuttoriel: http: //nkpro.radiators-champ.com/index.php? option = com_content & view = article & id = 257 & Itemid = 115

@ soon on the ring !!!!_;)

but here it is assetto corsa competizione

there, it's better:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php#assetto-corsa.47

at the same time looked there: http: //www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php? page = rank & track = 1006 & car = 4009 & rank_type = all & tyre_type = all & controller_type = all & community = all & friends = all

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I think that's quite good actually, that time is probably done by the top 10 drivers in the world !

9. anthony galmiche

no it would put it at 27 or 28 position on 120 so really good

on the basis of RSR data

10. FastGipsy

FastGipsy Rookie

Well that was pure irony right

11. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

No , mistake meant the 7.29 is probably done by the top 10

12. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Hello there,

you could post a video of one lap, so we could give you some feedback.
    It's hard to tell without some visual input.

Which version of the Nordschleife do you run btw?
    Maybe the lap times you are referring to were set on a different layout of the Nordschleife.
    Nordschleife Tourist is a couple of kilometers shortet than the Nordschleife, for example.

Kind regards,
    Alistair

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Pretty much this. @FastGipsy, do you have any reason expect to be much faster after so little track time in AC? Are you very good at the Nordschleife in another sim?

Seriously asking whether the game is really so hard or inaccurate because you drive 111 % laps after such a short time seems weird.

Fabri Fibra likes this.
  14. anthony galmiche

it seems to me a little strange too