1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

My guess is that they tried to migrate MP code from AC and modify it to accommodate the new logic.
    I think the good choice was made, even if it could delay the road map.

2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Im going to ask a question that may sound offensive, but I assure you I simply want to know the answer:
    PCARS2 has better graphics, a stable framerate & professional UI, a wider selection of cars and tracks, a cool sound track, seasonal changes, and practically all the GT3 cars and tracks that ACC is planning to offer.

Why is it that you are here raising you concerns with ACC, as opposed to playing PCARS2?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

For what you haven't mentioned. Better track feedback and more faithful rendition of the cars and tracks. Definitely more sim racing.

Someone please explain me those likes you got on your question

Also I think mixed and matched part of my post with someone's else?

dajdosta and Tkeg like this.
  4. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Since when we can only play 1 game per genre? Didn't know such a cap existed.

5. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, the likes are probably just other users who were wondering the same thing as me.

My apologies if I some how misquoted you, but I think I quoted your entire reponse.

But my point is that the better track feedback, better rendition of the cars and tracks, and realistic physics (I assume this is what you meant by sim racing) comes at a resource cost. Resources that could be dedicated to better graphics and framerate, are now used to simulate inertia and momentum, the feeling of weight in the car, and the AI that doesn't ease off the throttle once you pass them.

It's a tradeoff, and about finding the balance which I think ACC is getting spot on. Nonetheless, at some point, the HW becomes the bottleneck.

The devs have made the title playable on older machines by allowing the option to turn down the graphics, but if you want to experience the game the way the devs intended, you may need higher spec'd HW.

rpm and mr Switchblade like this.
  6. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

The state of the game now is not going to representative of the state on the game on/post release. Lets not all get too trigger happy and wait to see the state of the game at 1.0. There (hopefully) will be more complete features, better optimisation and a better driving experience. So hold the line people, judge it at 1.0 x

7. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Indeed and i have no issue with that, but with this: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13931987
    computer i have, i would have at least expected a 1080p 60fps locked experience. Since my pc is by no means "old" (check the link above) i just pointed out that we need a very heavy optimization process if as i'm sure all the people in this forum wish, we want to race with other 20-30 drivers together online without big issues.

For example there's a few corners where the FPS drop by 20fps when approaching, while the rest of the track is perfect no matter what.

Or you mean that a 3.4ghz machine with a 1080gfx is not considered to be in the "mid playable range" by the game's 1.0 release? If it is so ok, i mean pc hardware is made to upgraded and since the pentium 133mhz onward has always been scarcely optimized, after all we do get games that we are able to play properly on mid range computers years after release :D

jaxx_za likes this.
  8. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Sorry i missed your post!

Such a cap exists! It's called AMOUNT OF FREE TIME AVAILABLE FOR GAMING :D

Jokes aside i played lots of racing stuff on lots of hardware... Grand prix series on pc, Gran turismo on playstation, Pcars 1/2, Assetto Corsa... But since i have little time for my passion i focus on jus one title at a time.

9. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Like the previous poster mentioned, it's too early to tell at this stage. However, it is possible that higher end HW would be needed to run the game with high graphics and 20-30 AI - because the engine is being designed for the future. A year from now no one would care that it couldn't run well on Skylake ( I have an i5-7600k btw).

Sure we have games that are playable on mid-range HW, but again there's always a tradeoff. PS4 Pro enhanced titles are a good example - 4k and HDR are only enabled on the pro, and not the vanilla PS4.

10. 0.5... no mouse in vr... o_O

11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I have an i5 7600k and a GTX 1060 6Gb, and with medium high settings I get quite good FPS @4k with 70% screen res. Are you sure your notebook is not running in thermal throttling? If you want you can PM me and I can check my true fps and share my settings. Maybe also check the benchmark thread here. I´ve had that issue with AC1 and my notebook. Ran fine for 10-20s and than frames went down a lot.

sissydriver and mms like this.
  12. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

So what whether it is prepared for consoles or not. AC1 was also released on consoles, you forget about that

roflmao

Freddie Seng and mr Switchblade like this.
  13. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Not on AMD cards...

I play both on ultra with my PC and for me ACC runs better and looks better than PC2...

14. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

It's a desktop computer so no weak notebook chipsets. see here: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/ideacentre/y700/Y710-Cube/p/99IC9Y10247

Not sure what you mean about good fps; i aim for locked 60fps. I can race on full day on 4k resolution hotlaps at unlocked fps and get most of the time good to great fps, but changing from daylight preset , adding cars or with most of all sceneries with weird lightining or weather effects destroys fps stability.

Maybe it's just me, but having stable fps is a must while i race Online. If you are in a pack of cars and your game hiccups at a turn while you need to take the brake point from 60+ fps to 30ish it's a big risk (or at least it is for me! I know some people are less sensitive about fps changes).

on 1440x900 (i guess that was the resolution?) i have found out that i can get an almost locked 60fps with a big pack of cars. But as said there's some corners or places where something is certainly going off. For example at Paul Richard there's a straight where while going alone fps would drop by 20 fps ( no other cars around)... i found out it's due to light/shadows that in that particular part of the track with lights turned on create a massive process hog. lowering the shadows quality improves that part of the track massively.

Not sure how others are playing the game in this EA state, but i focused 100% in testing it Online and in the various racing conditions i expect to race in series. I also did all i could to post the crash logs to make things improve. The time i spent hotlapping is extremely limited because i felt more important for the devs to get feedback on the actual situation the users would face when the game will reach release date; Racing at all kins of times of day, weather, and in online lagues.

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm loving the Jaguar and I have the impression that the FFB has changed for the better. It feels quicker and more nuanced...as if it had 5 % steps before and now has 1 % steps, if that makes any sense. I checked with the Lambo, as well and had a similar impression,

Zolder is awesome. I love twisty tracks like this. FPS performance in The ACC GPU Benchmark is exactly the same as before. I notice significant differences in The ACC Benchmark between the different tracks, though:

System Bench Nürburgring
    2019-01-18 23:32:24 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3574 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 59.567 - Min: 48 - Max: 77

System Bench Misano
    2019-01-18 23:30:51 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3706 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 61.767 - Min: 46 - Max: 77

System Bench Paul Ricard
    2019-01-18 23:29:20 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3533 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 58.883 - Min: 44 - Max: 77

System Bench Hungaroring
    2019-01-18 23:27:00 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4219 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 70.317 - Min: 61 - Max: 81

System Bench Zolder
    2019-01-18 23:25:18 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4067 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 67.783 - Min: 58 - Max: 77

I hope that Kunos will optimise ACC. It's a 19 % AVG FPS difference between Hungaroring and PR for no apparent reason - if anything, Hungaroring should be more demanding on the GPU than PR. Given ACC's generally relatively poor FPS performance, it would be great if Kunos could at least achieve that Hungaroring-Level for all tracks.

But physics and FFB IMO are spot-on. Also, I noticed that the way the time of the day is represented is stunning. I just noticed how the sky would change it's color slightly and naturally as dusk proceeded and the night races look beautiful, too. Within all the complaints (by others, I mean) I'm glad I'm still able to acknowledge the beautiful new features ACC brings. I think it was mentioned before: the colors appear to be very life-like.

sissydriver likes this.
  16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You should start considering that it may never come.

17. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Hmm, I also loved ffb of Jag and was hoping that it was overall improvement, but going back to ferrari felt the same as before..

18. Still in 0.5.x or just after 0.6?

19. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

I had FM7 early access and tbh if I could get it going and no CTD for a few laps then I spent a considerable amount of each race driving on the skydome coz nearly all the assets would disappear including the track. It took quite some time for T10 to resolve all the issues but I believe they got there in the end. In a way, although less drastic ACC is the same and until optimized and balanced out I am not expecting any miracles. I am only getting about 50 fps on average and it looks okay, no major freezes but is there such a thing as a Constant-Micro-Micro-Nano-barely noticeable but there Stutter? If there is I got it.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Forza Motorsport 7 was way more of a mess on release than ACC is right now in Early Access (and that was more a case of Microsoft's UWP implementation being crap). Not exactly the same thing.

Felge Schneider likes this.