1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New surface @ Silverstone In 2019

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I still wonder if this track is going to be laser scanned twice...!

Oblit0r likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics AMG front splitter not fully modeled (no scraping on road surface) Apr 11, 2023
    Chit Chat Room surfaces.ini Nov 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Difference on track surface/texture and dinamic rubbering v.1.00 Vs v1.50 Sep 30, 2020
    Sounds modding No bodywork and surfaces sound Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Very bright colors on sun-reflecting surfaces. Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Physics Track Surface Model - Grip Jan 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room 'Slippy' surface Dec 20, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars BMW M6 floating above pit surface (Nurburgring) Nov 28, 2018
    General modding discussion Surfaces.ini link to track model Oct 23, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds system/data/surfaces.ini failed checksum May 29, 2018
    ACC Physics The Rain and The Wet Surfaces of ACC Feb 21, 2018
    General modding discussion Does physical surface mesh texture has an impact for grip ? Nov 6, 2017
    General modding discussion Wheels falling under surface after import Oct 11, 2017
    General modding discussion Mod car 3d model issue: invisible surfaces behind glass texture Sep 20, 2017
    General modding discussion What's the best way to make a glossy looking surface? Jun 7, 2017

3. The answer seems obvious to me. It is not logical for the cost and time to redo the track scanning.

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

They might not have to, actually. They say Silverstone will be resurfaced before the 2019 F1 race weekend, which is 12-14 July. The Blancpain race is at 12th of May.
    It kind of depends on whether they resurface it before or after the Blancpain race.

ledinguelevrai likes this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Unlikely, I think. I'm not sure if Kunos are even going to use a scan of the current track surface at all or just rely on what they had from AC. Silverstone already has been repaved in 2018 and the surface has gone to **** within like a month when F1 was there, which is why it's going to be repaved again. Having a scan of the current surface would be interesting though.

6. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

You can bet that, if not all tracks, almost all of them are already scanned. I don´t think they´re going to still scanning tracks with only 2 months to go until the 1.0 version is released

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Most likely, but they can't re-scan the track before it is resurfaced :p

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  8. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

I mean, I hope they re-scan it for the 2019 season, but I don´t know how big their budget is.

Oblit0r likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If this was an SMS title they would just get the marketing team to do a "drone scan" :oops::D

Oblit0r likes this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

If this was SMS you would be playing broken finished product and already heard bunch of news about new one comming out :D So i am happy they are not.

On topic tho i would love to have another re-scan..just look at the Paul Ricard, Misano, Zolder and Hungaroring... Tracks are amazing and feel more realistic now idk is this because they are recentlly scaned or it is just they can put more details in the game
    but as we seen Monza,Spa are done..so that probablly means they use old laserscaning data.. And still looks great.. we gonna have to wait and see :)

EDIT: would be cool as always to just have dev pop up and be like it is gona be like this or that so we dont have to bash our heads will it be old or new :)

carlossanchez97 and Oblit0r like this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Older data doesn't mean worse data. So long they kept the raw data the point clouds don't suddenly become lower quality forcing them to implement a lower resolution physical surface in-game or whatever.

martcerv and D.Jankovic like this.