1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Oculus, i7-8700, GTX1080

While driving everything is fine, only the recording over Nvidia is so shaky.

2. maybe he is using horizon lock, it reduces shaking a lot

3. redadeg

redadeg Racer

This where my thoughts, too. I drive 90 % Lock.

Have to check, if changing the parameter makes any difference.

4. What I mean is that if you have a rig/cockpit that wobbles because of the pedal pressure/FFB and your sensors aren't fixed to the same structure, it may cause some shaking you might not see through the HMD.

I'm not using horizontal lock and recording through Shadowplay.

5. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

It's me or there is a huge fps drop after 0.5.2 patch?
    I can't go over 35fps on clear day at Zolder with 20 AI opponents. o_O

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  6. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

That's just incredibly depressing. I drove the Jag round Zolder for hours yesterday and even made a setup (which I have very little experience of, but it was better than when I started). I managed a 1:33 flat which I thought was pretty quick - but I'm SIX SECONDS off the pace! No way will I find that sort of time..

That said, I didn't change anything to do with TC, ABS or the Engine map plus I had a lot of fuel in the car, so there's probably a second or so there. Still doesn't explain the enormous gap to the front though.. very sad :-(

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It might be just you because my benchmark results on Nürburgring are exactly like they ever were before. Zolder is actually one of the better performing tracks for me.

With 20 AI opponents and a 1080 the low FPS will be down to the CPU hitting its limit. You can verify or falsify that assumption with Afterburner.

Stupid question but: are you sure you were able to get more than 35 FPS on clear day at Zolder with 20 AI opponents, before the patch? If so, how many?

8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Must be you because I get 65-78fps with the same scenario and my system is below your specs.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Haven't had that much time with the latest update but I'm also way off pace, more so than on other tracks. Zolder isn't the easiest and I haven't driven it much in a sim before.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Oh I think you just need some patience and practice. IIRW I managed a 1:30.7 or so in default setup. That's not really quick and your lap is quite slow TBH.

Have you tried to learn the track with ideal line = on? It helped me a lot at Paul Ricard which I hadn't driven before. You only need it for a handful of laps - on a new track it's easy to drive way too slowly through turns that you can take an awful lot quicker.

11. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Thanks I might try that.. I think I'm losing a ton of time in the fast sweeping sections, so that might help.. I'm very inconsistent there..

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. There's also a difference in grip levels between praccy- and hotlap-modes.

warth0g likes this.
  13. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Ok, now is back to 70-85 fps, the problem was.. Visual Studio compiling in background :p

14. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

For the Jag (Zolder) reduce TC to 2, take some laps to feel it, and then to 1.
    The TC tends to be a bit intromissive which difficult the use of power to help to turn. Too much TC and it cuts in precisely when some power is needed to balance the car for the turn.
    Also, reduce the brake bias to 64%-62%. It will help the turn in balance, taking some load from the front and making the car more willing to rotate and pointing to the apex.
    The Jag brakes quite nicely when going straight, so two options are available depending of the corner: either brake strongly keeping the car straight but start to lift off the brake just before starting to turn to balance the car (example, first chicane) and then use the power to point for the way out; or use some trail braking to enter the corner (example, turn 1 and turn 4).

15. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Thank you, I'll try that.. most helpful

16. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I'm still experiencing two things that has stuck with me into the new build:

1. "Yellow flag, yellow flag, be careful there!" - it seems any situation and non-situation will make my race engineer call out yellow flag...constantly and all the time...car infront? thats a yellow! emptry track in front...oh, boy, you know thats a yellow...

2. When you spin and try to turn your car around with a doughnut turn, the rear tyres are (still) extremely sensitive...if you apply 1% too much throttle you'll end up overspinning...even if you do end up facing the right way and you want to get going but accidently give it a weeee too much throttle, then your car will spin around again...and again until you really really just crawl away. Expected behaviour or issue? I wouldnt know...

OrganDonor likes this.
  17. Speedyx56

Speedyx56 Gamer

Keep in mind that, as usual with adjustments like these, it depends a lot on your driving style. I can't stand driving GTs without cranking the TC between 50-80% and I've never had issues being competitive with that while other drivers in the same pace turn it off completely.

At Zolder the difference isn't that big I think. In race trim in practice (or even an actual race session) low :29s/high :28s are most likely the norm at the front and in qualy trim it'll go down to low :28s. So that's only about one second gained from having a perfect track and perfect car condition.

warth0g likes this.
  18. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Apart from the end session crashes, "no time" qualifying bug and players being teleported at random, I do find the race logic to be most problematic with the rainbow of flags waving at random and non-stop "caution" warnings,

but instead of being all grumpy, here's a few ways around it: 1) either skip fp or q1 and go straight for the race; you will start at random regardless 2) mute your engineer in the audio settings,

3) ignore all but yellow flags (or you might end up as confused and frustrated as me). I hope that will ease someone's mind, while we wait for the "rewrite" to be completed.

Anyway I played another hour with the Jaguar, but I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong (not blaming the devs or the game; because I know I'm incompetent), but it just keeps oversteering whatever I try.

Furthermore I know setups are meant to balance the car, but I like to keep it simple, for example: both the Bentley and BMW are epic with the default "aggressive" setup w/wo minor ride high and front/rear-wing tweaks,

and I can easily do ~1:31s without going too crazy, but feel free to point me in the right direction or call me out (no problem), because "i'm in for the long run". :p

Ricky Reject likes this.
  19. Yes i did some scrolling in this thread, but couldnt find any reasonable facts (and i did a search for "20 opponents" only ending up with someone asking for performance).

So whats the deal with only 20 AI?

There was:

1) Monza 53 cars (45 classified)
    2) Silverstone 50 cars (44 classified)
    3) Paul Ricard 51 (39 classified)
    4) Spa 63 cars (47 classified)
    5) Barcelona 52 cars (45 classified)

Anyone have info on this?

20. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Maybe performance? In the RaceDepartment interview, they said 30 would be the maximum