1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kondor999, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You asking me? lol :D

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

My point,..."I may be wrong, but I don't think he compared ACC to any other home computer based simulators, so again, doesn't carry much weight".

Your reply,... "You're wrong, he has played AC1 for over 250 hours".

So unless I'm completely misunderstanding you, yes, I'm asking you.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I hope he does a follow up, as someone in this thread has requested him to do, to give more insight into how he thinks it should be like. Maybe it'll turn out it's something that can be fixed by changes in setup, maybe it's something that needs to be altered in the code. Either way it would be useful to have solid feedback coming from a real driver that can be useful to Kunos, and so to all of us.

But I don't really care what he or any real-life driver thinks to be honest. The game feels good to me personally, and I enjoy playing it.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  4. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Well, 250 hours is one step from noob! It's just getting started. In Skydiving, you need 2k jumps to call yourself a master. You safely landed the first 1999, but till you hit 2k, you're a noob.
    250 hours in a sim is like having 200 jumps- Enough to make you cocky and go bounce!

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Ah, my bad, I think. I didn't realize you wanted to read an actual comparison from him. I thought you meant it as if he hadn't played any other sims to compare ACC to.

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Utter nonsense. I don't understand why people try to defame him. What is it that makes you so touchy when someone doesn't think the game holds up to what it's like to race in real life?

Kondor999 likes this.
  7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

I've not driven a GT3 car, but I think I understand his feedback. The cars are very slidey, the understeer is very pronounced now and the cars just don't have that rotational energy/weight transfer in corners. Braking also feels like a non-event. You basically mash the brakes and the car stops. I know these cars have ABS/TC, but it just seems like a mash throttle...mash brake...repeat event.

Raceroom has better mid-corner feel to me (although way too much traction...can't spin out with TC off). iRacing has that braking/weight transfer feel.

It'll get better, but they have a lot of work to do. I remember the first AC, tire model 6. That was horrible. It'll get there.

8. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Love the diplomacy!
    If you're saying he should have skipped the review and just gone to fly a kite- I agree!

Salvatore Amato and jaxx_za like this.
  9. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

One thing to consider when looking at ACC is that Josh Webster (who thinks it's rubbish) raced the Huracan in one race in 2016 whereas Romain Monti (who seems to quite like it) is a Blancpain Huracan driver who won the Total 24 Hours of Spa Silver Cup class last year. He also doesn't seem to have any problems controlling the car at speed.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  10. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I wasn't defaming Josh- I was saying that if you think 250 hours is enough to consider a valuable opinion, what about those with thousands of hours? His dues are not paid!

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  11. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

This topic reminds me of the video Jimmy made when he drove a Mclaren GT4. He was so surprised by how much grip it had that it makes you wonder and question why cars understeer so much here.

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

No problems Copro :)

Oblit0r likes this.
  13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Jimmy didn't push that car to the edge, and if he had, I guarantee it would have been set up to understeer. For safety! (you get that or you don't)
    What people see as ACC understeer- I see as "Driver Over Turn"! You can see this on track when guys are leave skid marks from the front tires.

14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

How many people with 1000s of hours in simracing have actually raced a GT3 tho? Probably less than 5%.
    When it comes to judging whether or not a car behaves like it does in real life: Real-life driver with 250 hours > Simracer with 1000s of hours.

Kondor999 likes this.
  15. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Or real life current Blancpain Huracan driver who won the Total 24 Hours of Spa Silver Cup class last year vs real life non-Blancpain Huracan driver who, according to driverdb.com, raced it once in 2016.

Salvatore Amato and jaxx_za like this.
  16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Exactly! I'm not defending him because he talks negatively about the game, I'm defending him because he has experience driving a real GT3. If Romain says it feels similar to real life, I think that's a great thing because it's coming from a real life driver and Kunos should take that as a big compliment. And it also feels good to me as a gamer, because what's more amazing than getting to feel how a GT3 feels and behaves in real life.
    Ì hope to see this game reach its full potential and I think input from real life drivers is very important in the process of trying to create a sim that's actually close to how cars feel and behave in real life. Any feedback is good, whether it's positive or negative. It's just too bad he doesn't go into depth about what it is he thinks is not correct about the handling and tell us and Kunos, how it actually should feel. But yeah, he's just a consumer, he's not obliged to elaborate, but hopefully he will in a way that's useful.

17. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

The most disappointing thing how ffb feels with hign end wheel like my sim steering!They really have a lot of work to do to fix that feeless and delayed FFB!

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Get a G27, lots of FFB feel, and no delay. :)

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  19. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Don't think this has been posted here, but there's also the preview launch event from Nurburgring last year where all Lamborghini team drivers played the game and not one of them had anything bad to say about it:

Whoa! Look at you! How many thousands of hours did it take you to see if you have a talent to drive cars fast or not? 10,000?

A.K.Racing and sps_for_race like this.
  20. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

You shouldn't judge his credentials, nor the validity of his feedback, that's just low and unnecessary.