1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is the end goal for Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

This is what was said when ACC was announced:

"ADVANCED MULTIPLAYER FUNCTIONALITY

A well-structured ranking system will evaluate individual performance and driving behaviour to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions. The matchmaking function makes sure that you can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join, while the leaderboards will allow you to compare single-lap performance with virtual pilots from around the world with the same car, circuit and weather conditions."

Might be looking into this too much but, does 'Ranking' refering to the rating you get while driving? and will ACC have a time based structured multiplayer like GTSport/iRacing?

I just hope it doesnt end up like Raceroom/Project Cars 2, where the core game is good, has ranking etc but there is only a few official races like F1 for example.
    Really hope they go the iRacing route, where they have a official season throughout the year, but also normal daily races throughout each day for the casual.

Ku_Ba, AurusCE, mESCx and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Nords24hr LFM: Secends per Frame Apr 8, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Mar 25, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT2 Enduro light bug Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Inconsistent frame rate on App Render GPU Time arround 7-9ms Dec 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR Endurance Cup Round 1 Oct 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Recommended PC server host? (UK) Jul 24, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023

3. Rioku

Rioku Racer

I hope ratings work fine.

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

i believe we will get full picture next month when multiplayer advanced gets released...and maybe even devblog that explains it

R. Iván and After_Midnight like this.
  5. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

As long as the licence works fine and manage to separate the scrubs from the fair, all good.

6. As Minolin answered to my post in the rating thread seems they will not force rating ON for the servers.
    I'm curious how online ratings/matchmaking turn out to be in the final release.
    I have faith but at the same time I'm a bit scared.
    Having such a deep rating system it would be a waste if it ends up with 99% of the servers with no ratings like others, but at least they didn't invest so much effort in the system.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

First: No. The "deep" rating system is not only for MP, and already does a great job helping beginners and medium drivers to improve. So for me, it was worth the countless hours
    Second: Hell yes. We've seen this before in other titles, I also made the corresponding mistakes before with MR. Nothing I want to repeat

8. @Minolin Don't get me wrong. That's why I have faith. I find the current rating REALLY impressive. It's working for me, a medium driver I guess, very well and I'm improving a lot.
    It already teached me to change some of my usual bad driving behaviours in driving sims and ever more. I'm aware of other errors of mine thanks to the system and I'm struggling to change some but hey that's my fault :D
    So I can already tell that the "personal" rating works and it's already a giant step from a "just a game" to actually being a useful simulation.

I'm waiting to see how the safety ratings will end up for the online experience.
    Having such a good "personal" rating that helps people to drive better requires in my point of view a safety rating that works well in multiplayer too.
    A good safety rating trying (I know that's hard to apply for many reasons) to improve how I and others race together as good as the "personal" rating seems a good way to make a better online experience for everyone.
    Otherwise might end up as a partial success. That's, for me, the "scary" part about wasting it
    I hope that I expressed my toughts better this time. I have many other things in mind but for that I need a lot of time :p

9. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

The rating is very deep and complex, and does a good job, but am I wrong in thinking the majority love multiplayer and thats mostly what they play, if it cant be used in a also advanced multiplayer similar to iRacing, they it will be half wasted.

10. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Deep and complex- Sounds like my X!

Racing is like Tennis- It's no fun playing with a noob because the ball never comes back. As a 93 percenter I've been asking myself whether I would prefer being matched with better drivers, worse drivers, or a mix.
    What I would want is to have mixed skill matched daly races, then have regional highest qualifier weekend races- that serve as qualifiers for regional championships- which in turn serve as qualifiers for an end of year world championship.
    It would also be sweet if there were a pro league with daily purse payouts, generated from entry fees. Like a $2, $5, and a $20 entry fee with a full grid sliding scale payout. Would be huge! Can't believe someone isn't already doing this.

Seth C. likes this.
  11. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

This game is straight away meant to be an online competitive one. It's that simple

12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

The juicy bit would be the dynamic track and weather conditions affecting the race , even better if in multiplayer.

I would imagine a race where a car goes off track and all the dirt will compromise that specific turn and the more the cars pass that poing the more the track gets cleaned but with dirty tyres all cars affected will be on ice for a little bit. Then all the sudden the rain starts and the track is reset from scratch as well as gaps against cars due to FCY due to accident.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Son likes this.
  13. I would love a full dynamic track.
    But on this specific feature, based on what I'm experiencing online, there will be more dirt in the track than in the gravel pits in no time :rolleyes:

trutya likes this.
  14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

if ACC gets to the same level of iracing , you will be amazed.

15. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Lets hope, with more cars/tracks added like GT4/ GT1s or whatever, it will be incredible.

16. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

With enhanced multiplayer delayed, and the rewrite has begun, hoping that its NOT going to only be a server browser system. The original AC had Sim Racing System for time structured system and proved to be really popular.
    Found this on their website:

"MATCHMAKING - The server list is highly personlised, based on your prefernce and rating record.You can adjust your settings with the ADVANCED button. You will also find detailed explanations about the settings and how the system works."

From my understand, this sounds like its just going to be a filter like in Project Cars 2. Really enjoying ACC at the moment, and really want it to suceed.

tbhockeyboy likes this.
  17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

This sounds exactly like what it is today already. Confused.

18. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah hard to say if that quote it only refering to early access or not.

19. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

I don't understand, why you are thinking that the multiplayer menu will change and be totally different then?

20. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I didn't say it will, just hope that it does change.

21. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

I think there is still some reason to be optimistic about this. They effectively just have a server browser now and have decided that to get to where they need to go, they need a full re-write. Maybe I'm thinking too optimistically here, but to me that means that where we currently are at isn't close to the end result, otherwise, a re-write would not have been warranted.

But, they haven't told us much, so all we can do is sit here and speculate...