1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Assetto Corsa Competizione - Another great journey is about to begin!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Aristotelis, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Please, I write what I want. But thanks anyways!

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I like soundguy, less pompous.

Jebus likes this.
  3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, that would be the one, since Mosport is in Canada, and Canada is in the Americas.

Wasn't really aware of the series until ACC came along, will have to go this year.

4. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

not every soundguy is a sound engineer... there are sound designers, sound engineers, mixing engineers, mastering engineers, live mixing FOH/Monitor technicans.., audio technicians.. system technicians and alot more... soundguy is a common term to describe a guy who works with sound...

for example, I do sound engineering (a bit), sound designing, foh mixing, studio mixing, little bit of mastering, audio technician, a bit of system technician and produce music.... every part of this work is differend... so soundguy does fit quite well

5. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

lol
    do you really know what you talking about?

Duties of a sound engineer
    Alright, so what exactly does a sound engineer do? The typical visual is of someone in front of a huge soundboard with all its levers, dials and panels. That's part of it. In truth, the person sitting at the soundboard may be a sound engineer or an audio engineer. The roles are similar, but a sound engineer has more responsibility for the success of a project than does an audio engineer. In fact, spending time as an audio engineer may be a stepping stone to becoming a sound engineer.

A sound engineer is responsible for the technical side of a recording or live performance. The sound engineer designs and manages sound levels and outputs, and is responsible for maintaining the physical sound equipment, like amps and microphones.

When a sound engineer is working on a recording, the responsibility doesn't end with the act of recording the performance. The sound engineer is then responsible for editing, mixing and mastering the tracks so they present the best performance consistent with the artist's vision. Everyone pretty much gets what "recording" is. Let's get more precise about these other phases:

6. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

yeah I realize.. I phrased my sentence wrong.. I meant.. a Soundguy can also be more then a Soundengineer (however also not every soundguy is a soundengineer is also correct) ... soundguy is just a global term ...

here for example there come also elements of sound design into play...