1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ECU maps implementation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed, is there any effect on engine braking for example.

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Throttle maps shouldn't take any effect on engine brake.

It only changes the responsiveness of the electronic throttles.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    somebody13 likes this.
  3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So ECU/throttle maps have absolutely no effect on mixture and ignition curves, for more examples ?

4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Not throttle mapping.
    Fuel maps would have influence.

somebody13 likes this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

As would ECU maps, the OP.

The ECU pretty much controls and monitors everything to do with the running of an engine.

From monitoring sensors, to controlling throttle opening, (assuming fly by wire throttle control), fuel mixture, ignition timing etc.

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

somebody13 likes this.
  7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Dude, the original post was NOT just about throttle mapping.

It included other parameters also.

Your statement,... "Throttle maps shouldn't take any effect on engine brake."

So you know for a fact that the closing of the throttle is NOT controlled by any of the ECU maps , and therefor how the engine braking is effected when dropping the throttle?

Including cam shaft position, which could also have an effect on engine braking.

Imsa is NOT the series in question.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Please not that aggressive.
    Why have i putted "throttle" on bold letters?
    And these links inkl. "imsa" were just a sample, feel free to download every catalogue and every single tech sheet and read them all.

somebody13 likes this.
  9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

You didn't respond to my last post.

"Your statement,... "Throttle maps shouldn't take any effect on engine brake."

So you know for a fact that the closing of the throttle is NOT controlled by any of the ECU maps , and therefor how the engine braking is effected when dropping the throttle?

Including cam shaft position, which could also have an effect on engine braking."

You are the one making definitive statements, but not backing them up, I am simply asking questions.

Until then.

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

For me, it doesn´t make sense to discuss with you, as i don´t wanted to pick a fight and imo it seems, you mix up different Maps or for you its all the same.
    I wouldn´t use these two words as one is the other, so I wouldn´t with torque map and fuel map.
    My Statement was already, that the throttle map only has effect on the responsiveness of the pedal, linear or less aggressiv, for example. And I used the word "shouldn´t", not the words "for a fact".

And this sentence:
    has nothig to do, with anything I wrote before or ever will.
    You´re twisting things up here.
    Way too agressive.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    somebody13 likes this.
  11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Once again you continue to ignore the OP is about ECU maps, all aspects.

You introduced singling out throttle mapping, I did not.

One more time, are you saying that ECU mapping has no effect on how much engine braking, and in what manner it occurs when the throttle is closed ???

I'm done here responding to you, we have already put a damper on a VERY informative post by Aristotelis, must piss him off royally.

My apologies.

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

No, Karsten Beoulve did, you replied with his quotation, which was singling out throttle mapping and no other ecu mappings at all. Please stop twisting my words.
    Again, way to aggressive.

somebody13 likes this.
  13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

OK, I see your point of view, you assumed I was talking just about throttle mapping, when I was replying, maybe not very well,... to the OP in general, which includes all aspects of ECU mapping.

I was also recalling, to myself, an earlier thread about how there appeared to be less engine braking in this series, than GT3 in AC1.

Again, apologies.

Dookie and sps_for_race like this.
  14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

it has to be...
    it must be...
    no pressure :p

15. XzzDSA

XzzDSA Racer

Is it possible that we could get a visual representation of the different throttle maps?
    Alternatively I suppose we'll just find it in telemetry later, but it would be nice not having to test 8+ maps for 10+ cars :D

Neilski and earlyapex like this.
  16. trutya

trutya Simracer

just one question:
    when the damage model will be implemented, will there be higher risk of an engine failure/overheating when someone uses qualy mix all around? at the moment we are able to do full races with the sharpest engine map as the fuel can last for 60-65 min, but in real life i don't think it's the case.

Tim Meuris and chksix like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

GTR 2018 has ECU Map = 0. I presume this is the fastest?

18. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I settings preset its 0, but while driving it is 1, 1-4 available.. bug?

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

BoinkTheBeaver likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien