1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. kunaldhiman

kunaldhiman Gamer

Now that Kunos have present and future with unreal engine, sooner or later they will have to implement triple support using it. Why not on put effort with ACC rather than some future title. I will be more than happy if they provide it at least on the final release. I wonder what happened to Nvidia multi display support showcased during pascal launch. Was marketed as if it is an effortless feature to implement for developers. Never saw any title using it though.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  2. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Iracing is using Nvidia SMP, and it works great ! :)

3. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Umm...no. SMP locks the screen angle at 45 degrees and NVIDIA is no longer supporting it. If you asked iRacing if they would do this again, its a resounding....nope. We just need triple screen support. Nothing fancy.

4. hunt3r972

hunt3r972 Rookie

Hello guys. to avoid the stretched effect I just went as far as I could on the seat distance then I reduced the FOV to make it fit to my feeling. Since you can't see the right mirror whether you are on a wide or small fov just do that and you'll minimize the stretching

Attached Files:

5. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

...and then it feels like you sitting in the backseat and got 2 meter long arms...

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  6. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

So the SMP Tech Demo that Jensen gave was somehow wrong ? I fail to understand how SMP was or could be a bad thing in comparison....even the Triple screen in OG AC isn't anywhere near as good as What SMP was as far as a technical visual perspective.

I have Very little time in Iracing, So cant even recall noticing the SMP, Can i assume its on by default with triple rendering ?

7. hunt3r972

hunt3r972 Rookie

That's why I said reduce the fov as much as you can ... I don't feel like driving in the backseat just watch where the windows appears.

8. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

SMP the only thing it does as far as im aware is pass the load of creating the diff angle viewports from the CPU to the GFX card, on a low GPU usage scenario this means a gain in CPU performance...ence if CPU capped on FPS.... but on a Heavy GPU game i dont see the benefits....

9. Lino Carreira

Even iracing didnt implemented it where they should, as shown by the Nvidia CEO.....VR ...theres no SMP for VR in iracing...

10. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Did you watch the keynote Presentation when they were in the "cafe" I can assume not. SMP Was much much more than just "passing the load"

Winston likes this.
  11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

I'm 99% sure the only game to implement SMP was iRacing and when they did, they realized it was locked at 45 degrees, it doesn't allow for particle effects (dirt, debris,etc) and it didn't work in VR. NVIDIA aren't doing any more development on it, so its dead....perhaps like ray tracing will be...time will tell. Even using SMP in iRacing its a marginal gain. I think I saw around 10FPS gain on triple screens at most.

12. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Ok, I haven’t spoken to the iRacing developers but for correctness sake, SMP doesn’t lock the angle at 45 degrees, it limits it to 45 degrees. Just in case people thought it wouldn’t allow shallower angles that’s all.

I don’t think it’s on by default I would need to check. It doesn’t lock the screens at 45 degrees but rather ‘limits’ the angle to a maximum of 45 before it introduces distortion I believe.
    You get lower particle quality and overall I get a 10 to 20 FPS gain on average, but I normally get between 120 and 130 FPS minimum at medium quality setting.

Whether iRacing has finished implementing it or not nobody really knows. Firstly because iRacing doesn’t really tell you when and what they are working on other than very generic roadmap like ideas, which BTW happen to materialise or not just the same as any other game. But also at the moment they don’t need to build something better on that front since it’s not a priority. They have solid triple screen support, and competitors aren’t any better from that point of view.

Mad.Motion and Whitestar like this.
  13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

14. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Thanks mate !

Wanted to post when i red the previous comment but hey..... speaking on that thread is like beating a dead horse ! So i gave up because everybody knows everything :)

15. Lino Carreira

Sorry only saw this now Nick, i know its more, always is but...the practical results in the end are basically that, and tbh, was really hoping it to be used more for VR....
    \

16. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Understandable, The Moment they turned on the SMP in the keynote... That was EXACTLY what we need in ALL Triple monitor setups. Sucks it sorta fell through the cracks and wasn't picked up by many Dev's...Ill be sure to check out Iracing in more detail the next time i decide to jump in the ring. I totally forgot about it last time.

Lino Carreira likes this.
  17. Good idea, but for me is still unplayable. Look at the right screen, the size of that belt. it is bigger than the entire dashboard.
    It is a shame. Ppl can say whatever they want. VR and Tripple Screen got to be one of the priorities. Unless PC Sim Racers are not the actually target. But Consoles...

18. I think they probably overestimated the amount of people using VR. I can't use VR ... my glasses won't fit inside the headset.

Mad.Motion likes this.
  19. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

https://vr-lens-lab.com or
    https://widmovr.com ( The ones i use)
    There are many reasons not to use VR, this is none of them.

Whitestar likes this.
  20. i'm old man - bifocals. I don't see on their prescriptions anything about bifocals.