1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zolder discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Jan 17, 2019.

1. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

At first i hated the track and Jag, but after giving it some more time to adapt, all i can say is i am having a blast!! For those who dont like the car, check out the youtube video Chris Haye made about this build. it might motivate you like it did me to try it again!

2. swannyuk

swannyuk Racer

I really notice the hit around turn 7 after the chicane. So much so that I've crashed due to the FPS tanking from around 80 to 45. Running an i7, 16gb ram and a gtx1080 on max setrings

3. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

That video was so nice to watch specially how much they really cut the chicanes! :D On the last chicane though stay away from the red stripes, they unbalance the sh*t out of the car.

4. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I'm not very fond of chicanes so Zolder isn't really for me. Finding decent over-taking opportunities is tricky and I found myself dive-bombing the AI into the chicanes out of desperation, which sometimes works but isn't something I'd want to do against actual people. That said, I had fun trying to tame it and get better at it.

In the Jag, I've been struggling with understeer though -with some setup changes I improved turn into the chicanes somewhat but it still feels like I have mid-corner understeer in the faster corners - or maybe I'm just over-driving it.

5. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Hello guys, here is my lap 1.28.3:

Using the default aggressive set up, I felt this lap was pretty much on the limit for myself, maybe a few tenths I can squeeze out with a perfect lap, but I'm still over a second off P1, so I believe there is a cheat way to start the lap by cutting the final chicane as there was in Paul Ricard, I refuse to do the same as I want my laps to be realistic, there is no video out there showing a 27 and this is probably why. Hope this is fixed soon.

bgil66, Hexadecimator, tjr and 3 others like this.
  6. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Nice! One obvious issue that I can point out is the way you take the Kleine Chicane. You're cutting it aggressively which makes your can bounce up and down on the exit and from my personal experience it loses you massive amounts of time, I'd say around 0.3-0.5s on average. I know it sounds crazy but actually slowing down a bit more before the turn and taking it without touching the kerbs will allow you to accelerate faster out of the corner giving you more speed through the downhill section before the next chicane.

7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I'll try that when I give the leaderboard another go, I just felt that for a really good time, need to through the car over the chicane haha

8. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Just like OrganDonor said above. Avoid the curbs in the Kleine Chicane as they are very high and you bottom out there. Best cut through it is when the tires barely touch the red stripes. All you need to do actually is just turn in a little later then what you did on the video and it's perfect.

Very nice video though and your driving is very smooth. Keep going! :)

OrganDonor and Echo_29 like this.
  9. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Thank you, I will try avoiding the chicane tomorrow, overal though, I am loving the Jaguar, its such a beast and the FFB feels fanstatic, can really feel the rear on acceleration, and the sound, my god, best sounding car ever, especially against the wall on the main straight!

10. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

I'm already drooling for the godzilla coming 13th feb. :p

Echo_29 and D.Jankovic like this.
  11. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I think you are doing great, i'm in 1.31s and still have 59 pace

Man I need to learn how to tune the car, with the default setups I can't feel like I can push enough. I should look at those laps you guys record. BTW anyone has intermediate times from their fast laps?
    Shadows. Bring them to low and you'll see the fps counter fly

12. Thought I'd contribute a recording of a fast lap of mine (1:29.403), not my fastest but it's not far off. I set my fastest time on day one and haven't been able to improve since.
    https://streamable.com/ie1tm
    Used the default safe setup for that one. I've attempted to work on my own but I end up losing rear stability to where it's really inconsistent (likely too much negative rear toe and camber), and I only really know how to set up alignment. That unstable setup did however grant me my fastest time.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Gabsmabs62 and Echo_29 like this.
  13. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Nice tidy lap, I would say the TC is cutting in too much and losing acceleration, also you need to use the throttle to help rotate the car through turns 1/2/3, I used the default aggressive set up for my lap, even though the rear likes to swing out, you need to use that to your advantage. If you don't like the aggressive just try reducing the TC in safe, be progressive on throttle.

OrganDonor and Hexadecimator like this.
  14. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Since many already fast guys are posting their laps, anyone care to help out a slow midfielder? :D

No clue how the fastest guys can be 3 seconds faster; i may be losing lots of time on the second chicane i guess? the car feels like on ice there...

15. nimp

nimp Racer

You overturn the wheel almost every corner and therefore understeer heavily. Can't see tiretemps, but i assume fronts are toasted after first sector already. As a result you cant maintain corner speed later in the lap. Instability in 2nd chicane results from too much steeringlock the moment you hit the first bump. Also your brakebias is very far forward and as a result you don't brake deep enough into the corners.
    I could upload a 1:27.7 for you to compare steering angle, but i only got the replay recording, so no pedal or tire temps.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  16. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Tires are fine, i did some 30 minutes races online and had no issues with them, You would suggest to move brake bias backwards? I made a kind of custom setup from the stable one (i'm veery bad at tuning) and didn't touch it at all.

Talking about that, how can you tell i'm over turning?

17. nimp

nimp Racer

I have brake bias on 66%, also depends on the rest of the setup obviously, but with the default of over 70% car plows way too much into corners.
    You overturn because: 1. You don't introduce the car in the corner. Slowly apply more lock until you feel like you reached the limit 2. Your lock on apex seems to be way too much in most turns (assuming default steering ratio of 12). 3. Tires crying for mercy.
    Cars don't like sudden inputs, be more gentle with her. :p

This is a 1:27.7. Far from perfect. Biggest mistakes were turn 2 (too much lock). Turn 3 (too early throttle). And the hairpin (too much lock). But you should see the difference.
    https://streamable.com/psqob

18. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Super lap, I now know what I did wrong with my lap (1:28.3) I took corners 1/2 in 3rd not 2nd, and took the first chicane more aggressively and bounced the car up a bit, delaying throttle, rest of the lap looks similar to me. Good job!

My lap:

Gabsmabs62 likes this.
  19. Thanks! I've read that I could really lean on the TC in the Jaguar, guess I'll tone that down a bit, I'll also try turning the wheel a bit harder in some corners. Maybe tun 3 or 4 on the TC as well.
    I watched your lap and gave the aggressive setup a shot, I was less consistent with it but when I could control the over rotation on corner exit the car was pretty fast. Managed to set a laptime of 1:29.370 https://streamable.com/mcct1
    If I try to rotate the car with the throttle I find I either push wide, or over rotate and lose my corner exit speed. I'm used to the mid engine cars which start to push wide at the moment of throttle application, so rolling the corner feels easier for me.
    Through turns 1 and 2 I find using 3rd gear gives me a more stable corner exit, 2nd gear feels faster but also needs more throttle control. I haven't compared my lap times using either of those gears for the first two corners, so I can't tell for sure yet.

20. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I'll work from your input, let's see how much i can improve... ;) your bet?