1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zolder discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Jan 17, 2019.

1. nimp

nimp Racer

High 1:28s should be possible with base setup + adjusted brake bias, if you cut the overturning. Also lowering TC is faster out of corners, I used TC 2. TC 3 should work for you, if you want to stay on the safe side. If you roll it onto throttle and not just stomp on it the car is faster, especially exit turn 2 and the hairpin.

Rest of the time is in a faster setup and a lucky first chicane.

Edit: Aiming for a time is probably the wrong approach tho. Just keep lapping and improve your driving. The laptimes will improve as a result. Focusing on what the car does and how it reacts to inputs makes you way faster than anxiously staring at the timer after every turn.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Gabsmabs62 and Whitestar like this.
  2. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

On track testing right now. I changed the brake bias and I can brake a lot later now, overall seems ok, but I have a hard time understanding when I overturn. At times I seem to get what you suggested and I'm magically faster by 0,2 in just a corner.

I'll try setting turning ratio to 15, maybe having to turn the wheel more will make me smoother?

3. nimp

nimp Racer

Make sure your wheel isn't clipping. If your FFB saturates in corners, there is no way to find the optimal steering angle anymore.
    If you would keep one speed and turn in, the wheel gets heavier the more lock you put in and after a certain point it will get lighter again. This is the spot were the tires are pulling maximum lateral force. You want to keep it there. And it's obviously harder if you aren't going one speed, but braking/accelerating.
    Turning ratio at 15 can make it easier to find that spot, but the downside is, that its harder to make quick corrections.

4. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Sounds silly but do I know if I'm clipping?

5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

If you enable the gears app (ACC Options) you'll have a bar for gas, brake, clutch and also FF (steering). If and when the FF bar goes red you're clipping.

6. nimp

nimp Racer

When the FFB bar is full and turns red, it's trying to output more strength than your wheel can handle. So it's clipping off the excess force, clamping it to max value and you lose all detail.
    It's fine, when it flashes red shortly when you hit a curb hard or something. But you should never clip under normal cornering.

7. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Seems i have no clipping then...

Following your suggestions i managed a 1.30.186, nothing to brag about but a progress i guess... I did bin a few 1.29.8xx but the average pace i have has improved by half a second.

I wonder if fine tuning the FFB settings may be of help

8. nimp

nimp Racer

You could play with the dynamic damping, but i don't think its gonna change much. What you should do is try the aggressive setup. I fired up the Jag on Zolder again and compared the 2 presets and aggressive is a lot faster. It's still quite understeery, so should be drivable.

9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

You guys make me feel slow :(
    I'm going to hit the hotlaps tonight and see if I can improve my own time.

10. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I'll test that one too, I seem to have the problems in all parts of the track... in the first two corners I have some understeer, t3 a bit of oversteer with accelerating, t4 understeer, chicane is fine, second chicane ok, problem in traction in the right hander before the uphill section. Then up to the end is all fine.

I have the feeling that if I had the car less rolling on the four wheels in t 1,2, 4 and less accelerating issues I could post a good time.

What's weird is that even adding traction control the issue is not going away. I guess I should work with some suspension setting to keep the rear a bit more planted?

11. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Well, the top time in the world is 1:27.1 so it's not really far from perfect. Stop being modest :D

On a side note - I can't beat my 1:29.3 anymore no matter what I try. TC is far too strong on this car, even on 1 and the rear end is constantly sliding out whenever I apply throttle coming out of corners, it's impossible to accelerate while the car is not completely straight. I think I'm done with Jag on Zolder. Also, I wish I had a wheel... :(

12. I'm in the same boat, 1:29.36 is as fast as I can go, set a handful of laps not far off as well. With different set ups, too. Unless i get really lucky at the first chicane again, I don't think I can improve my time.

13. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

Same thing here,my best time is 1.29.2..
    and i drive that time i think first day...

OrganDonor and Hexadecimator like this.
  14. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

I usually hit the 1:31/32, can't seem to get below but to be honest I prefer consistency over 20+ laps with no mistakes as to one really fast lap (except quali)

anthonylroy and Arlo like this.
  15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Should both turn 1 and 2 be driven in 2nd?
    I use 3rd in turn 1 and 2nd in turn 2.

With a controller (if that's what you play with) I imagine the gas button is a bit more sensitive maybe, since it has a shorter throw than a pedal?

16. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Are you any quicker with the other cars though? I'm setting a paltry 1:32 average pace in the Jag and in finding it really challenging so last night tried the short hotstint event in the Ferrari. It was so much easier to drive the car around the track I could almost switch off white doing it, so it came as a surprise when I wasn't any quicker with it. Agressive setup with both.

17. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Got a 29.9 now... can someone suggest me some ffb settings to feel better if I'm overturning or losing grip? T300

18. nimp

nimp Racer

I'm on a T300 aswell.
    Control Panel: 75- 100 - 100 - 100 - 100
    In Game: Gain 70; Min Force 4; Dyn Damping 6; Road Effects 30
    Higher than 70 in game and I start to clip in downforce corners.

Gears are pretty long, so 2nd in the first 2 turns works out nicely. Also helps getting it turned in, since you usually push going into those corners.

Ferrari lacks acceleration. So you need to hold higher apex speeds/brake later with it. I also was slower with it than the Jag in the hotstint event (mid-high 1:28s)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  19. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Control panel?

20. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

My dyn damp is set at 100% sure I should set it to 6?