1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is the end goal for Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Dec 11, 2018.

1. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

I couldn't agree more that a time based system is needed for multiplayer to really take off. Something like iracing or GT Sport. In my opinion a filtered server list is not matchmaking. Project cars 2 does this and it fundamentally doesn't work in "matching" people together of similar skill.

I do wonder if the live special events listed for build 6 is the iracing/GT sport style matchmaking that we are hoping for and not the advanced multiplayer from build 5 (although I think it's acknowledged that we didn't get this on time).

1257, M96, Echo_29 and 2 others like this.
  2. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Honestly I thought that enhanced multiplayer ment that all the options in the dedicated server option file gets turned on, as most of it you can't use currently, agree with everything else you said above, hope that's the case, everything is just speculation at the moment.

3. Japualtah

Japualtah Rookie

Thanks, I feel like an idiot now...
    I bought this title thinking it would be like iRacing and it seems it won't be, which makes it utterly pointless IMHO.

Well, back to iRacing I guess, as much as I hate iRacing physics (namely the snap oversteer).

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

There has been mention by Kunos about "matchmaking". Isn't that what you guys are after? Maybe too early to assume too much about how it will work when everything is finished

5. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

I wouldn't give up hope yet. The live special events I assume are multiplayer, otherwise how are they "live". In which case it's hard to see how they wouldn't work on a timed basis and presumably match players based on skill etc.

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I also had high hopes for this. It continues to amaze me that with the success stories of Iracing and SRS, that more devs are not jumping on that bandwagon. ACC + scheduled races would be a dream come true. In terms of cost for the developer, I think SRS has shown that it is minimal, as the only cost for him has been the rental of a couple servers + his coding time. He has really brought AC alive by adding clean races using mods one wouldn't normally see online. Spa GT3 wreckfest got old for me years ago. :rolleyes:

Guidofoc, Patrik, M96 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hope dies last ;)

R. Iván likes this.
  8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Well put,... !!!

LATE4APEX

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    jaxx_za likes this.
  9. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Did you really expect ACC MP to 'be like IRacing' for a once off cost of USD45?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

LATE4APEX likes this.
  10. Patrik

Patrik Gamer

A good multiplayer system does not have to be expensive, just look at what SRS is doing

11. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

SRS experience, I would agree. But IRacing, I don't think so.

12. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I think you are right in that live special events might be like an official race or something? But anything similar to SRS in ACC (daily races), and maybe big Special events once a year like 24 Hours of Spa for example, with the rating and match making, and I think everyone will be super happy about that! Then they can just focus on content.

13. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Expanding on that - Doing a live event based on the current race that's happening IRL. So if they're at Silverstone, then an event for Silverstone would be on.

Echo_29 likes this.
  14. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

YES! Maybe running for a week leading up to the official race that weekend, but still think they should have 1 big main special event for each race which is broadcast with top splits, I'd love to watch the best in the world compete in ACC.

Leclettico, Son and JnJ | Rayleigh like this.
  15. Japualtah

Japualtah Rookie

iRacing's relied on John Henry's funding and only became profitable - allegedly - quite recently, just because they intentionally avoided appealing to the masses in fear of being overrun with wreckers.
    They didn't sell 1.4 million copies - also allegedly - like AC did, so they have no other choice than charging for cars, tracks and events on top of a monthly fee.
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but from the information I have, it makes no sense throwing the game cost into the equation, just because we're talking about 2 very different business models.

Game-wise, AC does have multiplayer and even features server code... for free!
    What makes you think they couldn't come up with scheduled races?
    Server costs? Bandwidth?
    I've been running game servers for over 15 years, I'm under the impression it can't be the reason.

That's why, indeed, I thought they would feature full fledged multiplayer and will be very disappointed if they don't.

Echo_29, Patrik and After_Midnight like this.
  16. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

You made this statement initially:
    "I bought this title thinking it would be like iRacing and it seems it won't be, which makes it utterly pointless IMHO."

If you are looking for SRS like scheduled races, then cost should not be a major blocker.

But if you are expecting the full IRacing championship experience, then surely you can see how cost does become a factor.

So it's safe to say that ACC is not going to 'be like IRacing', but that does not necessarily make it 'utterly pointless' either.

Chin and Son like this.
  17. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

If they have sheduled races, they could also have the Porsche Cup one make races, and Lamborghini Super Trofeo, so it wouldn't be only GT3 :)

Son likes this.
  18. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

That's the plan..