1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What's the actual purpose of these forums?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Jan 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. demonized

demonized Simracer

Judging by previous usual Stefano's behaviour with people (mostly arguing, flaming and raging) i don't think its a bad thing that devs are silent. Better to work on a game than wasting time on forums. The final product is what matters most.

2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I think the purpose of the forum is to create a place where people who have voluntarily opted in to purchasing an unfinished early access release of ACC can come together to:

· Discuss the game, to talk about their positive and negative experiences, enabling the sharing of settings, solutions, specifications and to generally interact with other sim racers with an interest in ACC

· To gather feedback about the EA version of ACC from the community, either directly or just by monitoring the conversations

· Allow participant in Early Access to report any bugs or issues along with providing their log-files in a place where the development team can see/access them as required

· Provide a vehicle for Kunos to update the community with release notes, blogs and to advise on any specific issues as and when time and priorities allow

Why, what did you expect?

3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

That sounds great, I would have hoped that on release of the VR build Kunos would have updated the community as to what they were working on to solve the issues and what their expectations were.

4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You can always hope, I guess?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

5. TDS

TDS Alien

yep but AC turned into something unexpectedly "huge", and ended with 5 years+ of dev time into it, now with ACC the deadlines are really restrict (more than it should imho), at least for the blanpain content.
    Depending how well it goes (sells), im sure development will go on for some good years beyond 2020 with new dlcs, and communication will return to the forums, not like before but still there will be more communication around here.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    sissydriver likes this.
  6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I just feel they are under tremendous stress. Unreal 4 has proven hard to work with I believe, and they have a strict deadline to hit, with a big license. Kunos devs have been a lot more chatty in the past.

7. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Basically the OP is disappointed there is no active community manager acting on the forum. Devs themselves work with testers and I guess they actively monitor the bugs sections. Personnally I find it fortunate that they don't waste time asking general opinions or pretending to. They know the product they want and they told us players what it is clearly from the start.

sirgaric and sissydriver like this.
  8. TDS

TDS Alien

yep exactly this.

9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Pretty sure they read the forum all the time ,and they probably have taken a lot from it. , but I would suspect they are well aware of what the real bugs are. and the issues that we are experiencing. However what could they say. "We are working on it", "We have that on a list of priorities.". It takes a long time constructing the correct response to a post; yet alone replying to a response. Time better spent developing. The post that one of the developers wrote that explained the issue with multiplayer component was excellent, and was enough for me. Posting just an acknowledgement of major issues once a week would be great

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

The purpose of these forums is to keep your “Kunos Life Force” blood moving cause it seems we just need this in our veins, some more than others:p. I definitely got spoiled with all the forum dev vids in AC and yeah I miss them and Stefano’s forum replies, but really they have to be killer busy with code so I have no issues with Kunos:D

sissydriver likes this.
  11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

As i am more of a Single Player mode oriented guy but also look forward to participating in some Online Challenges the actual Multiplayer part of the game is not super interesting for me. So naturally i look on other areas of the game more and i have to say that i like how the game is developing. I have the feeling that each build improved the visuals and the mechanics side of the game and this is all i am asking for. The UE4 might be difficult to deal with but from what i see the game already looks stunning when you have everything set to the maximum. And it will continue to improve, especially in regards of shaders and LODs. Sound, physics, replays are already in a very good place for me. Now i hope the career mode will be challenging and that the online challenges will rotate every week or at least once a month so you have always something to do.

Also i found out that Zolder is much more challenging than i thought it would be. I raced this track in PCars, PCars 2 and R3E and thought that it's a pretty easy track to master. But the version in ACC really is something else, it's quite a challenging track. I love the elevation changes and the little bumps that can upset your car. Did not get that feeling in the other games for sure.

Gevatter and LeDude83 like this.
  12. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Dito!

13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

For the moment we are relatively inactive on the public forum section because the vast majority of reports regarding stability are obsolete due to the systemic changes we've been working on. There is a lot of work and testing we have to be doing, and at the moment those are done internally.

But, on the other hand, as pointed out by others here, we have had test requests regarding specific issues, especially in the VR forums, to which I received 2 or 3 responses each from the otherwise seemingly numerous and rather loud VR community, so go figure.

14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Are you at liberty to reveal if any of the ''systemic changes" may make it in to the next build, or is it more likely that these will be revealed at V1.0 now?

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  15. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

And please don't read this as pushy BTW. I understand and sympathise with the priorities you've set yourselves. (For some reason I'm unable to edit my original post).

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The previous release was light on features because it had to be done using the original code base, whereas the programmers had already been working on the rework. By now, we have completely abandoned the original code, and the next release will feature the latest version of what we'll have by then.

Ischemica, Guidofoc, tabis and 23 others like this.
  17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Sounds exciting! Thanks for the update.

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  18. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Will the change to the new code be recognizable for us regarding those features that already worked fine in the last releases?

19. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

"The previous release was light on features because it had to be done using the original code base, whereas the programmers had already been working on the rework. By now, we have completely abandoned the original code, and the next release will feature the latest version of what we'll have by then."

Can someone tell me what is meant here with "original code"? Code for what exactly? Only concerning the multiplayer or other areas too? And if others too, then, like what?

20. Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster Hardcore Simmer

I haven't even seen people like Stefano post pictures of cats on social media for ages, they must be very busy.

sissydriver likes this.