1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. digitizer

digitizer Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]
    I mean Most is not included

2. davperes

davperes Rookie

Ah ok ok... as much as I love Raceroom, their store is a huge mess and wildly inconsistent (why isn't Imola in the European track pack and Road America in the American track pack?) so those kinds of mistakes are to be expected.

digitizer likes this.
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Because the packs are older than the tracks you mentioned, and I could imagine some issues with their customer if the packs are changed down the line.

Lancelinkage likes this.
  4. digitizer

digitizer Hardcore Simmer

I just bought one Porsche 911 GT3 GTM18 liverie for 0.33$ instead whole ADAC GT '18 pack (already have all GT3s cars). Now i can join ADAC GT races ;)

AlleyViper likes this.
  5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Did the same with the M6 GT3. It's a quick way to select a grid with only more recent GT3s (just misses the 650S).

digitizer likes this.
  6. davperes

davperes Rookie

But that's exactly what they do with their packs... they keep adding new content to already existing packs but if you already own those packs you then have to buy that new content separately. And yes, it does cause all kinds of issues and complains, but since they do it already it's weird that they're not updating the European and American track packs with the new tracks when it's what they do with everything else. Their horrible business model can't even be consistent with itself.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

In case anyone is wondering the status in regard to car-physics updates:

RR Car Physics Progress.png

Source: Sector3 Forums

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    sherpa25 likes this.
  8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

My favorite car is the M6 GT3, what's yours?:)

9. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

Not 100% sure exactly how it works ratio wise but I already had all the GT3 cars and liveries so with the latest release patch I got the new liveries for about 3 Euros after it deducted what I already owned from the total. I had to purchase the track due to it being new but that is fair enough. tbh I spent a fortune on RR and noticed with the benefit of hindsight and a hefty overdraft there is a couple of times a year where you can get the works all in very cheap, however, once you are past a certain point in content it is less attractive. I am only missing a few dozen liveries at the max and have not put the Premium edition in the cart when it is on sale to see if reduces the cost enough to bother. If someone does not have the game they should WAIT!!! - add it to the watch list on Steam and strike when the time is right coz it ain't just a few bucks difference it is considerable savings.

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Raceroom gets flat spots, adjustable tyre pressure, suspension damage, they prepare it for electric cars, test updated physics for touring classics, DTM92 cars, and some more points were mentioned in a developer update, but these points are the higlights. More iconic Porsches are imminent, too. Additonal layouts for Oschersleben.

There still is plenty of life and breath in that old girl.

And always woirth to wtahc are the videos by Chris Haye. Here he explains why what sim is best for beginners, and I must say his reasoning makes perfect sense.

Dean Ogurek and Haiden773 like this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

also this:
    [​IMG]
    seems like I`m gonna get that wheel out of closed .. havent even try AMS Pumas .. let alone some new R3E pieces ..

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  12. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

That makes me very happy. :)

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

And I forgot to mention: full data output for full telemetry displayed. :)

Haiden773 and Dean Ogurek like this.
  14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Sector3's physics guru Alex speaks techtalk on the upcoming new Porsches (934, 964 Cup, Joest 962 Group C): their setups, their characteristics and how they are supposed to be driven. Tricky.

Rosko, Dean Ogurek and nolive72 like this.
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I hope some of that telemetry is useful for feedback systems too, such as SC4, SimVibe, and motion systems.

It's very good to see RaceRoom enhancing it's "Sim-ness" and Alex is doing very nice work on the physics and Tire-model side. Speaking of "Simulation features", consider how RaceRoom (a title some consider to be too arcade) has an advanced drive-train model, something that only iRacing shares in common. o_O

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Chris Haye rates Raceroom to be the most recommendable - means: accessible - race sim for beginners, and he has very convincing and reasonable arguments for that statement. As always his video is a piece of cutting and editing art.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Since occasionally the issue of whether or not a sim does run AI cars by different (=simplified) physics formulas than the player's car, I paste in Alex Hodgkinsons remark from today, explaining it nice and short in a few words, and why it is so, and indicating that it has been changed over the past one and a half year:

"Our AI uses the exact same file system with the very same parameters as the player car. The differences come with how those parameters are interpreted. Unlike a human reacting to the environment they see, AI follow waypoints and use a variable sample rate. The (most recent) process for creating a new AI-driven car starts with the player's physics files. The setup is then tweaked to match the AI's preference, which is slight oversteer at all speeds.

The process hasn't always been like that, there has been a conscious effort within the last 18 months to bring AI behaviour closer to the players car."

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-in-gtr1-nurb-combo-120-some-questions.12918/

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

With the latest 14.4 GB update, new cars have arrived, the two Class-C spaceships, and especially the Porsche 964. The latter is a fantastic car to drive, not in being comfortable and smooth, but providing a rough ride like a bronco rocking on hot coals. This car has character.

Whipping, beating and kicking the 964 around the turns of the Swedish rumble pits, is great fun! All the time a curse on my tongue, all the time a prayer on my mind. And all the time giggling like a hysterical diabolo. I feel like grumpy Gollum on wheels in these.

Very great fun with the 964. One of my to-go-to cars from now on.

Dean Ogurek and Mike1304 like this.
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, the 964 is challenging in multiple ways.:mad::confused::eek:o_O:)

I'm happy to see support for the update coming from 3rd parties so quickly. Steering-wheel, tactile, motion, dash-apps, etc., they are all working better than ever with RaceRoom.

Haiden773 likes this.
  20. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

For sure. I was surprised by how quickly some were released, because I remember Sector3 saying the update was making new/more data available. Do you think some of the quick updates we got are just 3rd parties getting it to work with the new protocols, and we'll see additional updates later that take advantage of the new data output?