1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unannounced Roadmap Update?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by BTL.357, Jan 17, 2019.

1. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

The 2019 update will be release in Summer, althought most surely at the end of summer, given that they have to create all the new content (new cars and tracks, with the updated tracks if they decide to re-scan those) in such a short period of time. That´s my bet.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Isn't the only new track in 2019 Zandvoort? I like it much more than Red Bull Ring that was originally going to be in 2019 season, so that's good news for me

And I doubt they'd rescan after a possible resurfacing for 2019, although who knows. But I'd suspect they are currently scanning only tracks that weren't scanned for AC, otherwise using old point clouds

3. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Totally agree.

I hope to see a new Roadmap soon.

No info is the worst thing to customers.

A.K.Racing and Alwox like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

Unless the info has changed I don't see how it could affect anyone if they don't keep repeating the same info over and over again.

Most customers don't obsess over this stuff, you may feel like having a stream of babble is important but that's not true for everyone.

5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Fixed if for you.

6. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

The thing is, anyone paying for and playing an early access game is to some degree emotionally invested in the game. So, of course we want to know, if the roadmap changes, especially if there is some major delay due to recoding an important part of the game. This has nothing to do with being impatient, but merely the wish to know that the game will be ok.

And to be honest Kunos did not do a good job at all to communicate changes in the roadmap due to the problems with multiplayer, which is a bit disappointing, since I thought Kunos were pretty good at communicating with their player base.

Son, trutya, Octane and 1 other person like this.
  7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I'm sorry? Did you want Marco to email you personally? Maybe a phone call?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

8. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

Uuuhm ... noooo? Hyperbole much? ;)
    I would have appreciated it, if someone from the development team took five to ten minutes to make a forum post, telling us we'll get the Nissan instead of the Honda for ea release 6 and what the new planned timeline for the already announced features is. Updating and maybe extending the actual roadmap on the webpage would have been a bonus.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

That's true and I feel the same but Kunos did make an announcement on every channel available to them.

Unless someone is saying they've fled to a non extradition country with the money then I don't see what's changed. They're a professional business and they need to complete this game to keep their company going. They want to finish the game as much or more than we want to play it.

10. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

I agree, they made an announcement, but they made it quite late, maybe because they had hoped to finish the rewrite before the release of v5.

Nevertheless the statement is missing an update on the timeline. Right now we don't know when the new multiplayer code will be finished or which features it will most likely provide. This lack of information leads to worse than necessary word of mouth advertisement for the game. Just imagine what you, right now, can tell someone asking if ACC multiplayer was any good, compared to what you could tell them with the info I think Kunos should have included in the forum post regarding the code rewrite.
    So, yes, they are a business and no doubt passionate about their game, but still failed at communicating, not completely, but to a degree.

11. Rioku

Rioku Racer

I´m so impatient, that i even don´t have installed ACC...

I´m not impatient, i have AC for the meanwhile, but as a customer, i would like to have info of what i have paid.

12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You will be a customer when 1.0 is released. Until then, you are just an Early Adopter.

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

If someone asks me, i would creep in my bed and cry myself into sleep.
    No.

Nobody owes you a daily update.
    What if they are on schedule with the next build?
    All this speculating, crying, guessing, demanding in this forum is absolutely not helpfull.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  14. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

True, Kunos don't owe us anything, but I think it would be in their best interest to keep us updated on their plans, not an a daily basis though. ;)
    Even if they were still on schedule for the ea 6 release, which is highly unlikely, that info would be valuable to have.

Winston likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

No, it isn't valuable, it wouldn't change anything, world keeps on turning. You ask, no you demand too much.
    You got a reply from one of the devs here, but it is still not enough for you, you asked then:
    This is rude.
    Just wait and see.

16. trutya

trutya Simracer

i'm sure it will be the old Nissan as it's ready since last summer or so. (Abgfahren has tested it like half a year ago)

17. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

The version that was in the previews was the 2018 version I think. I could be wrong though.

18. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

If I remember correctly both versions were on the E3 build but only the 2018 was drivable (the 2015 version was an AI)

19. trutya

trutya Simracer

you should be right, it's very hard to see the differences :D
    yeah it has the tighter nose grille and 2 triangle-shaped air intake beside it.
    that's good news... i really thought we get the old one just like the Bentley

20. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

How is this rude? This is a normal inquiry and I don't demand anything.

It's ok, if you don't like devs communicating with you and don't value information about the progress and changes of an upcoming game, but I do.
    I don't even know what you are trying to accomplish with your posts, since what you do is way beyond normal white knighting.