1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Although I admit that your reasoning is sensible and ,therefore it could be finished in 2020 as it is “available from...”
    It is common sense to think that release 0.6 will be the very same day as expected and advertised same way the previous releases have been..”available from...”and it is reasonable to think that “available from q1 2019...” means that somewhere within the q1 2019 Even if it is the last day,,the 1.0 will be available...
    Another fact is to have the 2019 grid,,which should be released as they collect the data.. and Multiplayer,as they have stated the problems they are coping with...but other than those two important and critical feautures
    It would be a twisted exit for KunOs not to have the rest of the game fully ready..
    As the game is fully priced..
    EA is over by the end of q1 2019 as KunOs published the game .(see pic )
    So it is not an assumption,,rather an expected schedule..that may or not be met...
    Frankly not to have it ready by end of q1 would be a bit dissapointing let’s admit it,but more it will be not to have MP as good as planned..and with so many issues ,flaws, crashes,there is plenty to do ahead.so,,

Attached Files:

2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

:D:D
    Not so much.:p
    2019 season DLC is scheduled for Summer 2019, so ACC surely will be released before that.;)

There can be many things going on that we don't know of, so Kunos can even release ACC v1.0 on Steam the day after EA RC6, but that doesn't seems probable and would by highly unexpected.;)

3. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Just from the top of my head I'd also add - car damage, UI (I'll be surprised if it's kept as is. It looks more like a placeholder to me than a well designed and though out interface), all the bugs we've been reporting over the last few months, VR and as you said - multiplayer, which is probably half of the game when it comes to features.

Regarding early access - I'm not quite sure why are so many people confused about the way it works. Early access means the phase before the full release during which you get access to the unfinished product. The product that you get access to when the early access ends.

Reading into the logic of some posters here, it would seem that we have early access currently, which will end at most on 31 March and then suddenly there will be some void period until the game launches. No. Early access ends and at that moment it becomes just access. How many games have you seen suddenly becoming unavailable after early access just because they've not been released yet? Exactly - none.

The only thing that can happen at this point in time is early access gets extended UNTIL the final release (not sure if Steam even allows it, I wouldn't be surprised if that's classified as misleading for people that bought into the premise of early access being until date X) but as it stands the latest date the game has to be released is 1 April 2019.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  4. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Marco explained things back at the Spa 24 Hr at around 54 min

mr Switchblade likes this.
  5. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Is there a specific timestamp you're referring to? It's an hour long video.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"at around 54 min"

7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Not the best choice of words from Marco. He said "will arrive", but maybe he should have said "should arrive (if everything goes as planned)".

But he is the boss and knows better than me :)

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

8. jure83

jure83 Rookie

Well don't know why you are stressing. I'm sure that they are doing best they can to fix it and release it at the time. I know multiplayer is crashing and bla bla but is still playable. I'm more concerned about retard players in game because I can't finish the race because of them. They are not paying attention and I'm sure that they are trying to kick players out of track. I'm seriously thinking about returning on iracing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr Switchblade and sps_for_race like this.
  9. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Imo,it's not that much of issue how ea works and how many bugs it have. I think guys here are more confused with road map near end,and game as it is now,it's not looking as 0.5. Personaly I have over 2500h in AC,but in acc from start don't have even close to 100 and didn't open it from update. But i hope once will get better.Didn't stop belive in kunos :D

Rolz likes this.
  10. Well too much stress for lot of guessing, a road map is what it is, target launch date for V1 is end Q1, but if devs are not happy with what they have, they can delay it at a later date when they will judge that the game is ready for V1.
    This is not the first time that a game or a product is delayed, I don't see the point for make all these noises because maybe V1 will not be ready for end of Q1, this is just a game, when I read some user comments it looks like their life depends of the ACC launch date...
    Devs never said that Q1 will not be respected, this is not because there are some issues today that they can't patch them all for the Q1, we are not at kunos office for know what is the progress or how long it takes for correct the major bugs, debug can take 10mn as several day to be done, just continu to report issue and waitandsee.

11. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes, I saw a player go at maximum speed in a corner to hit me, but unfortunately I braked early, so I saw him pass before me and crash in the wall...
    Not very fun to check everytime if the behaviour of the opponnents are normal or not

12. iker17

iker17 Gamer

This is the truth. Right now is is very dissapointing the game... Not sure about the final game get the goal

13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Next time wait until final release.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

14. iker17

iker17 Gamer

Next time shut up if you don't know what is happening with this game development

15. If someone need a replacement:

16. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

As far as I can see, apart from the set back on MP then the road map has been stuck to pretty well....dynamic weather, driver swaps, damage models etc have never been published as being included in the EA road map so I don’t know why people are disappointed, concerned or surprised that we don’t have them by release 0.5

th3o likes this.
  17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@sirgaric - dont feed the trolls

after the experience with sol 1.0 and wet mode for ac the last days (amazing, fun, wonderful!) its good to know that acc is so much better in the wet cause it simulates so much more. and to look far into the future it is possible that in some years mods can improve acc.
    so - it may sound a little narrow-minded:
    but with ac and acc am completely satisfied for now and the next years.
    its a good feeling to know that this happens.
    in the 70s i played pong and since then never stopped to play different genres. and never in this really long time i had such a good feeling with the devs, the publisher, the whole package. hope it will continue this way and have no doubt it will.

sirgaric, chksix and mr Switchblade like this.
  18. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-content.49146/

We have good thread about future of acc at this forum. I cant understand why some ppl so disappointed here. We are participating in EA. We can support Kunos with good feedback and we will get better product at the end. Let Kunos worry about release date. They are making money from this, not users :)

19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I know what is happening. What I don't do is crying about it :)

sissydriver likes this.
  20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

The sad thing is, they are not even trolls, or if they are, they are not aware of it :)

But you are right, it's just that sometimes so much immaturity makes me angry.

anthony galmiche and sissydriver like this.