1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kondor999, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Borbor

Borbor Racer

[​IMG]

yes they use TC in qualifying.

can't tell you the car, track, year(it isn't 2019), but the top one in yellow is TC status in binary. 1 is engaged (which you see), 0 is when it's not engaged.

mr Switchblade and Kondor999 like this.
  2. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

Cool, thanks. Appreciate the info.

Borbor likes this.
  3. Maybe just a "Go Hard or Go Home" thing :cool:

4. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

Wasn't arguing. I was asking (based on what I had heard elsewhere). And for a long while, all I got was "You're stupid to even ask". Why is it that everything has to be interpreted as an argument, a deadly insult or blown up into a meme war?

No wonder the devs probably ignore us most of the time. I would. Within 3 pages, every thread devolves into name-calling, snappy come-backs and poorly-written personal attacks vs anonymous avatars (and in several cases, an actual pro driver). Are we still in high school?

Thanks to the guy (Borbor) who eventually posted hard info. None of this is about me being right. It's about making sure we get a great sim/game in the end.

Right?

Gert De Preter likes this.
  5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

You do know everyone can just read the thread back ?

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ok, is this the same question highlighted in red? looks like a statement of "your facts"
    Totally unrelated as your car is nothing like a gt3 car. TC was used in F1 by the best drivers in the world when it was legal and the reason it was made legal is because they couldn't enforce them to not use it illegally at that time. For sure not a single car or driver had it fully off while it was legal and gt3 TC is closer to those systems then anything in most road cars.

GT3 cars had TC allowed to make it easier for the AM drivers initially but the systems are advanced enough that they even give an advantage to the best pro drivers, you can look at any onboard pole lap in gt3 history and if you see the dash you will likely see TC is in use at some level but you still went with your fake news.;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  7. Why so serious? All this simulators for home use are just a games. Personally i tried to involve 2 old rally racers in sim games. 2 of em told me its complete **** after 1,5 hours of trying :)
    Sim racing is a nice hobby. Nothing less nothing more.

Libor Sabrik and Borbor like this.
  8. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

oh no serious, laughing so hard since yesterday actually. I mean this topic will be forever remembered as the one where ac users reached such nerdgasmic levels of astronomical fanboyinsanity that allowed them dare even say in all directions that actual drivers feedback won't matter at all. And all of this without sensing some minimal signal of self-embarrassment at all!, I mean It all flowed just that natural! Epicity made manifest. Had never seen anything like this before.

You see. What else can be said. Ridiculousness at its best. Paramount.

No sorry no. You may be referring to less serious arcade racers, where their creators can make them featured cars behave the way they want.

A simulator (project cars 2; assetto corsa; rfactor;iracing etc) is a game where its devs try to simulate actual car behaviour as best as their tech and software knowledge allows them; by either using real world data; gathering their own experience on the track, etc etc way they may see fit in order to achieve this goal.

This said. What could matter the most in a sim that the opinion+ if possible feedback of the actual drivers themselves then, as well as the gathering of actual manufacturer data?, do you really think that Aris and Company focus only on the data they are given by the teams and manufacturers when on track, and completely disregard the opinions, feelings and prioceless feedback of the drivers (the most important thing after all) that in the end are the ones controlling those machines?

MrBungle likes this.
  9. I think consumer sim game can give you some help in case of track knowledge, and some basics. Maybe some of them could help you with pit stop tactics (not sure about it, personally i am riding motorcycles offroad and so called motorcycle riding simulators are just a big joke). In other cases it's just a game. If you will take your bicycle to the Isle of man, and will ride TT track using your bicycle it will be better TT simulation than any of consumer simulation programs :)

10. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Sorry, but after that last Isle of Man example I have no choice but to come to a point where I'm beginning to doubt whether or not you might be just kidding me. I mean:
    - Real life= No simulation.
    - Sim Racing Game = Simulation.

mmmh, right?

11. Sorry maybe i misunderstood smth.
    My point of view:
    -sim racing game =simplified simulation.Too primitive to compare it with rl.
    It can help you to learn tracks, to get some knowledge about driving, some knowledge about car setup. So you will have more skills than random guy from the street. And fun ofc.

- i found video to explain my point of view better. Sorry if YouTube links are not allowed here.

lordpatou and Cote Dazur like this.
  12. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

@Fernandito after reading your comments in various topics, it does not even surprises me that you don't understand where your so called ACC "fanboys" stand.

First of all no one is saying that feedback from racing drivers is useless. The only useless feedback is the one from Steam, from which the discussion hsve started. It is so vague and lacking info that it is of no value to anyone, which was confirmed by one of the devs.

Regarding race drivers overall - I think most will agree that having experience in simulators is necessary for accurate evalution. There is so much information missing from real car that you have to get used to it. Also, various sims have very different ways to convey that information. Take rf2, ac, and iR - they all have gt3 cars but due to different ffb and probably different type of tyre, the simulation feels quiet different. For a person who drove only IRL it can be a challenge to understand these things in 1,5 hours.

13. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Pace of driver and quality and usefulness of feedback rarely correlates / causates.

Talking silvers, gold's and plats only.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Its not valid for me.
    I enjoy driving the cars in this sim. I like the look of it, the feel of it, the handling, the sound etc. Does it matter that its not as close to a real GT3 as it could be? No, not to me, I enjoy it, end of story.
    The same way I enjoy Battlefield, despite it being nothing like being a real soldier and firing a real gun in a war zone.

Would you say you are the following kind of person?
    Day 1: "I really like this sim, it has potential"
    Day 2: real driver says its not accurate
    Day 3: "I don't like this game anymore"
    You don't have to wait for someone opinion to decide if you like to play it or not.

Its a game, you either enjoy it or you don't. Does it 'really' matter if someone with experience says it not like real life?
    To me it doesn't, so no, their opinion doesn't really count and is not valid.

15. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Is not that simple as you believe it is.

You have to take the opinions with a grain of salt. As discussed early, you may have a GT3 driver using a sim with no software/hardware properly configured and will give a different opinion of his driving experience compared to one which used a correctly configured sim. Kunos said they even got very different feedback from different drivers using exactly the same simulator. At the end is a matter of perception, something that is mostly subjective. Actually, part of the complex work of a race-engineer is to decipher what the driver tells about how the car is behaving. For this, the RE needs to know and being familiar with how the driver thinks or perceives the driving.

There are many more factors. Most drivers rely on the feel of the butt, something our sims lacks. There would be some drivers that may rely more on the steering wheel and probably they would have a better connection with simulators. Also, how many times would be required for a real race driver to use a simulator until he feels comfortable? He probably will feel totally disconnected the first time due to the lack of forces or other missing sensations, but the next time he will feel more at home once his brain rewires to work with what the sims provides to him.

Borbor likes this.
  16. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Deciphering is probably the most complex piece of the puzzle, esp on new partnership.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

f_deutsch likes this.
  17. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I went from gt5-gt6-pcars-pcars2-ac and now acc in the years and honestlyt changing the wheel i had from dfgt to t300rs made a world of difference.

Then i had help on this forum to set the wheel better and managed to find when i was overturning the wheel and it too improved things. Yet i feel there's a total different approach from all the games i played in the FFB, with some detailing better track details, others privileging the steering column forces better. In a sim you lack a certain amount of feedback compared to the real thing, there's no way around it unless you have a full motion rig.

Seems all drivers (be them pro or amateur, or just everyday drivers) have a different sensitivity; for example i have compared to all those i know an extremely high sensitivity to suspension work and i can feel right away anything that is amiss in real cars i drive. I say this because i think that it's impossible for any sim to nail all perfectly in driver's feedback.

There always be stuff AC will do better, other PCars will, other on Rfactor, ecc ecc. Even if all the developers are given the same totally exact datas to work on, they'll have to make a choice on how to relate those feedback to the wheel, and then to the simdriver.

So, a real driver feedback is always a must, but we should all be aware that all have different driving sensitivity (those that feel car on the steer, those that feel it on the *** for example) that no one will make all agree. I Read lots of users saying that a real driver liking another sim is because they are payed for.

Honestly i find these remarks really really toxic to the simracers community. I a real driver says that pcars, or rfactor, or ac is the most realistic we should all respect his opinion and not think he's biased because he's payed for.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

How dare you!!

[​IMG]

:p:p

19. @Turk
    Forgive me pls :) I love simracing. And well its educational games.
    IMG_20190131_162608.jpg

Turk likes this.
  20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

That is a very respectable personal opinion, but the point here was whether the opinion of an actual pilot matters or not when we are talking about a racing simulator, in which case, and with all due respect..., man of course it does. If negative or confusing, does it have to either kill your enjoyment or begin to see the game kinda bad?, of course it doesn't as you have said, but that was not the point to the conversation.
    Like you I'm not that type of person actually. We are still gamers I presume.
    I wouldn't like to sound redundant, but in this case given we are talking about a sim, yes, it does. This is no arcady game where devs can make each car behave the way they want. This is called a sim for a reason, so I do care whether the game approaches reality more or less. If I wouldn't, I would go back playing Driveclub and PGR4 all day, games where I don't care about the opinion of professional drivers, given the nature of these games.

I wouldn't like extending much on this reply, and of course I know it is not as simple as you think I might believe, but after reading your reasons as to why we should take a professional driver's opinion with a graint of salt because he mightn't be getting the same feelings he is supposed to get when sat on his actual car, but now through a wheel or whatever the peripheral he's using on this or any other simulator..., I think you may be mistaken force feedback or any other feeling you get through a wheel or pedals or whatever you are using to play a sim with the very physics of the game.

FFB and physics are not the same thing. You can play a game and see whether its physics are be better or worse without any need of artificial rumble/phnysical effects.

Physics is one thing. FFB and other effects is another.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    dajdosta likes this.