1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

So much so for a complete simulation. I'm surprised Blancpain would even allow them to not represent the series in full and just pick some frontrunners.

2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, this didn't bother me at all when it was first discussed, but it is nagging at me a bit now that you can't properly simulate the race you're meant to be... simulating. Having loads of cars on track gives me such a buzz! I get the performance issues with having lots of AI though. Hopefully online races will allow full grids? Not sure if multiplayer will be easier on performance as your PC won't be calculating opponents physics?

3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Not everybody can afford an
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

If your hardware can effort 50+ cars - it should be possible to get 50+ cars.

Raklödder likes this.
  5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

i7 8700, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1070 8GB so..... no!
    I'm playing with very good results - at least I am satisfied, but nowhere near good enough to add another 30+ opponents to the mix I imagine. I wonder how many really do?

6. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

You can do your own restrictions by selecting less AI. What I mean is, it should not generally be restricted.

7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

In the video settings, the maximum visible opponent goes up to 60 (hopefully for online races) 30 for AI would be realistic since they run on the same physics engine as the player, we will see.

8. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I am in complete agreement with you.
    At the moment though, it appears you could have Deep Blue at your disposal and still not be allowed to run the 'correct' number of opponents to simulate the real-live race.

EDIT: perhaps greater AI numbers will get unlocked for those fortunate enough to be able to run with it? Or the game is 'holding itself back' until hardware can cope with it in the future?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I know I'm repeating myself but I can't help it: as it stands, based on findings from the CPU benchmark thread, it doesn't seem to be the AI physics causing CPUs to bog down but the rendering of the other cars. The AI calculations seem to be not that much of a problem, actually.
    Unfortunately, this happens even when the other cars are completely out of sight. The FPS go up massively when reducing the number of visible cars.

I suggest to join the CPU benchmark thread and maybe add some specific benchmarks for this scenario. It might be that large grids are possible if only the number of visible cars is reduced. But this discussion needs to be taken out of speculation land - some proper benchmark runs are required.

10. trutya

trutya Simracer

that should be the solution, but at least it would be nice to have an option to that
    with 25 visible and another 25 invisible cars there could be great offline endurance races.

11. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

I guess this interview explains very well the AI thing, as well as some subjects like future DLC possibilities.

Enjoy ;)

Dookie and After_Midnight like this.
  12. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think there is a fixed amount of cars for each race, it looks like cars drop in and out of the championship and some don't do the full season.

There is a limit on how many AI cars can be run, but they haven't confirmed anything about how many cars can be raced in multiplayer. When asked they said nothing, when Kunos won't deny something outright it means they're still working on it. So fingers crossed multiplayer will allow for much larger grids.

13. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Some teams will join for their local race, like at Monza there were a bunch more Ferrari's from Italian teams. Then of course there are a lot more cars at Spa.

14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, I'll try to add some data to this. That exercise aside, I think the point being discussed here is that there is no way currently of running a full grid of cars to replicate the real-life race as the opponent number is capped in game.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Even singleplayer should not be restricted!
    It is an offical simulation anyway.

16. Turk

Turk Alien

That's all well and good if it's possible. I don't think Kunos put the limit on to annoy people, there's likely a valid reason why they restricted the number of cars. Would it really be any better to allow 60 cars and not be able to run the game? Or have it crashing?

17. trutya

trutya Simracer

13 years ago it was possible to run a game with 60+ cars and not having crashes.
    i expect the same is possible in 2019 too...
    even this 20 AI can't run smoothly..
    i hope with time it will be solved, i really hope... big grid races is the essence of Blancpain, if it's taken away the offline mode (career) is about to lose it's main point, i guess.

Echo_29 and Son like this.
  18. Turk

Turk Alien

yeah, 13 years ago my phone battery would last a week, but that doesn't mean its better than the phone I have now. Comparing a modern game to one from the ancient past isn't really going to work out.

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You're right of course. IMO it would be a shame if the grids were limited way below what the RL series runs. I hope that won't be the case.

20. Turk

Turk Alien

30 cars isn't that far off what a normal race would have going by the post by RobertLidstroem, if they could add another 15 cars they'd cover the most common grid size. I do think that asking a PC to do 60 cars is probably a step to far considering the way ACC does AI. I could be wrong.

I think if they allow 60 cars to race online that would be acceptable. I've always seen racing against AI as practice, they're just not as dynamic as racing against humans. The real McCoy is going to be online with real people.

RobertLidstroem likes this.