1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Thanks for your reply, I was asking since I expect a good number of hiccups from multiplayer, like the dreaded session change crashes and such, and I can't wait to be able to help with the crash reports as I did before. Or maybe it's already so much better?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  2. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

What I think would be useful is some information about the features that are coming in the future that were supposed to be in release 5 and 6. What is the vision for "enhanced multiplayer" and "live special events". I'm particularly interested in the live special events...

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Seems like whatever 0.6 holds, the jump from 0.6 into 1.0 (as in 1.0 = a complete product) will be big. Hope it works out.

I wouldn't mind if the 1.0 is delayed a few months and there is 0.7 and maybe 0.8 before it. Maybe someone who Kunos has written a deal with, will mind. But it seems awfully soon to add all that content (several cars, several tracks, variable weather, AI that works with all of them, career, custom championship, damage model I hope, weren't there going to be a livery editor too) and not have it bug tested by community before exiting Early Access

Or maybe it will be AC type of ordeal, where 1.0 is still very barebones, and it will get many big updates

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. I believe that version 1.0 will not be complete as planned before the roadmap.

Probably, in my opinion, a lot of things will come after 1.0, based on what Minolin and pankykapus said.

Son and Michael Schneider like this.
  5. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

I don´t have any expectations at all since I fully know how friggin capricious coding can be .
    I guess, I will be surprised anyhow .

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Then that incomplete version shouldn't be 1.0 (meaning released product and out of Early Access) and at the very least Kunos should communicate that as early as possible (a bit late now).

I know Kunos would continue to update the game after release anyway and there might be contractual obligations or publisher deadlines at play. Just really not happy with the trend towards where releasing buggy, incomplete products is the new normal, especially when there was an Early Access phase. Then there's the issue of the first impression the game makes for players and reviewers. So I'd rather see Kunos being able to avoid it.

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah usually people who see "game X has exited early access" expect a pretty complete product.

That didn't happen with AC 1.0 but it's imo more common that the game is pretty polished, and completed when exiting EA. Usually a bit before already. Not many big features missing etc. for example when Wreckfest exited Early Access and was launched, it was pretty much how it is now, minus few hotfixes and AI tweaks.

Also, Metacritic standing comes from how the game is at that point, reviewers don't wait for updates sadly. AC has very good Metacritic score though. Most reviewers seemed to understand that the game was still WIP, and everyone was so stoked about the handling, that problems like the original AI didn't affect score

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I just remembered one thing i want from 0.6.x version..i hope i dont get shoot in the knee again.. :D

I REALLY HOPE that that micro lag when people load up is gonna be removed and GONE forever
    tbh i dont even care about the longer loading times

9. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I think it was stated that it can't be gone, just be reduced, and they did already improve on it

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I expect that we will get a changelog for the next update:p

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Realistically, my expectations are muted, which is no pessimism, but realism. They did a rewrite of an immense chunk of the code, and when you do so I assume the priority is to get stability and as little newly broken stuff as possible. Beside the car and track I therefore think the biggest achievement of 0.6, if things go well, will be stability and as little fresh bugs as possible. If we get that, we should applaud them already. Seriously. ;)

Anything beyond that is welcomed, of course - but counts as a bonus this time. I do not take it for granted.

12. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

This is caused by the loading of a new car thats not in the server yet, once that car is loaded in, anymore of the same car wont cause a stutter.

13. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

My only "hope" is FFB improvement. No expectations about anything anymore though after the last build :).

14. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Even though they have already confirmed they've done most of the rewrite, you're not expecting that to improve whatsoever?

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

i know what is causing it...but it happened so many times that i am on track in corner and stutter happens i go of track and person joined leave server because they dont like something .. XD

it is not good that i can be in my quali lap..people joining and loading new cars now imagine when we have full grid of different cars...and some people chose car that nobody did on server... and you are on track doing qualis or race even

After_Midnight likes this.
  16. Poloman

Poloman Racer

Well, i believe you will be able to block joining a server during Q or Race

17. For my is the importen think the problem with The Curbs of Death. I hope the game change the Problems with the Curb mines and exploding the car on it and the troubles in the FFB on it.

earlyapex and warth0g like this.
  18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Currently multiplayer has is (big) share of issues.

One of them is the "fatal error" either on joining server or changing sessions.
    I've experienced how difficult some times can be to join a server, with repeated "fatal error" every time I join in.

Other is the "clear sky" bug, where I can stay in server but all I can see is the sky and the menu (no car available).
    In this case, if I click "continue" to go to track, I'm unable to quit because I'll be lost in space and, as I'm not stopped, unable to return to menu.
    I'll have to force a quit with "alt+tab".

Let's wait for the new multiplayer, that probably eradicate several problems and, hopefully, one will be the "fatal error" which, surely, reduces quite a bit the number of people, unwilling, getting out of servers and others joining in that can face the exact same issues.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Monza will be epic. I'm confused as to what car will be in the next release...I thought the NSX?!?

But like I said...Monza with ACC physics will be something else. It will make the aero model shine and be a feast for setup tweakers :)

Son and anthony galmiche like this.
  20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

For R6 the Honda was replaced by the Nissan