1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Answering to this thread with my Delivery Manager hat on.
    I thought we had moved on from 1.0 meaning final fully working no hiccups in the world of software delivery.
    Maybe in games destined to consoles I can see this still be the way for quite some time, but certainly in the rest of the software world things have changed...
    I would rather the version 1.0 was just numbered 2019.4 or whatever date it’s realeased on and move from there.

anthonylroy likes this.
  2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Wonder when we can expect the announcement of the release date...

trutya likes this.
  3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I hope to see improvements on multiplayer, like proper standings and fixing the issue where times won't register. Think that will improve the joy to race online. At the moment, to me, it still kinda feels like every session is practice mode.
    Other than that I hope to see some improvement on some of the physics glitches, like getting launched into the air (landmines) when driving over some of the curbs at Zolder.
    I read somewhere they were gonna implement an app similar to helicorsa, would love to see that in game, too.

Most of all, I'm just excited to see the new car and track.
    Can't wait for release 6!

th3o likes this.
  4. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I still do not understand the AA issue and the talk of blurryness people have. I have everything turned on epic with 100% sharpness and no motion blur and the game looks crisp af in 1440p and 4k. Its gorgeous.

5. hunt3r972

hunt3r972 Rookie

stable MP and graphic optimisations would be nice. Main thought.
    Then triple support would be the most appreciated things they could do. But they wont.

Tim Meuris and Raklödder like this.
  6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Just curious, do you ever have any ghosting ?

I have either AA issues OR ghosting, depending on settings, otherwise, real nice.

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Expect the Unexpected;)

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I think we'll start to have an idea after the next release.

Aparently if you can run the game at 4K all those issues kind of disappear, it's mainly restricted to 1080.

9. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Acc in 4K is really good..but in 1080 or Vr is blurrier than similar titles (ex Iracing)with much older graphic engines
    Pls,just try,,that is why some users are skeptical,,and it is reported blurrier.
    AA and supersampling are not optimized at all,compared with similar racing titles...it is not a leap forward,instead
    a small step back in 1080 or Vr..and far far from what expected(dreamed of)...surely with a 4K monitor looks great, any racing title would do as well.

Raklödder likes this.
  10. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Okay, i do not play it on a 1080p monitor or in VR, true. But 1440p high refresh rate.

If by ghosting is meant that i can see the back of the car 1-2 more times attached to the back of my car or other cars: Not during an actual race (i drive hood cam) but sometimes in replays or third person cam from behind (but i never use this). I think this issue will be addressed once the completed the tracks and cars so they can focus on bug and glitch fixing

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

As for the AA topic: the blur/ghosting might be there but for some reason I'm not bothered by it, at all.
    Jaggies are a huge issue, however. I play on a 34" 2560*1080 monitor so the pixel density is fairly low. But with the proper tools, a smooth pictures can be achieved even on that monitor - AC looks perfectly fine at 4*AA. ACC is poor in that regard right now - track limits or cables across the track look like stairsets.
    There WAS an improvement to this, however. With some update, jaggies and flickering colors at PR got significantly better.

For 0.6, I don't expect an improvement to this. In the long run however, I do expect big improvements on this. I don't quite believe that with UE a good AA can't be achieved, as many people say. Kunos isn't the biggest studio ever, but they're enthusiastic and experienced. They'll find a way to improve matters.

th3o likes this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I don't mind the ghosting, it's mainly visible in

- Your wheel. Who looks at their wheel when racing?
    - In replays, but the replays run like garbage on my triple setup, so I have no interest in them
    - In chase cam.. who cares

Blurring however is still a problem to some degree on 1080p. It's step down from AC and pretty much any other driving sims (1080p) even after improved. Still, it is not so blurry anymore that I would see it as game breaking or anything like that. If the overall FPS is fast, it would be good enough

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

Replays don't run great in VR either. It's only really external track side views that have really obvious ghosting. But when a car drives by it stutters and ghosts. Hopefully that gets better, I really enjoy watching trackside replays in VR, the speed of the cars really comes through in VR.

14. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Maybe I just have very low standards, but ACC looks pretty great on my machine. It's fairly powerful (1080ti, i7 I think) but I'm only using an HD 40" TV right now. Even so, it looks very good particularly compared to something like Raceroom. I also prefer it visually to vanilla AC.

Performance wise, it runs very well for the most part, but very occasionally I will get a race-ruining stutter. A couple of times this has happened when I've come off track (in practice) and hit a sign on the side of the track. Huge stutter which usually leads to a wipe-out. Other than that it's super smooth.

Since last update (and since following GamerMuscle's advice to put dynamic damping to 100 I think?) I've really liked the FFB. Room for improvement, sure, but it's basically very good.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It is odd. Same track, same graphics settings, same amount of cars. But FPS drops like a rock, when going into replays

16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I just hope they will give us additional options and allow us to tweak more graphics settings from within the game.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Just to confirm, I see ghosting from cars in front of me, and that dam windshield wiper blade in the Jag,... :D

This from the normal drivers position/view in car.

I also see it in replays, but as others have said, who cares.

18. iker17

iker17 Gamer

+1

19. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

My only expectation from 0.6 is that the multiplayer becomes playable and stable. It is playable right now, but the persistent crashes to desktop and the mess that those starts always end up happening really force you to flee in terror from the current multiplayer part of the game.

Also, is anyone experiencing really laggy responses from the log in server of this forum?, anytime I log in it takes a while to return to the forum, and browsing them becomes a nightmare, not to mention posting in it. However, If you are logged off you can navigate it fast like always. It's been happening for two weeks already, and still persist.

Did you mods do something to my account? lol, it is something related to my steam configuration or something? (all I do is to set the steam.exe to admin privilege execution, just in case when I play games on a hard disc that is not the main one with the os installed). I say this about steam because I can also see that my "ACC Licensed" profile in the forum doesn't load properly too.

20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Looking forward for the new car and track . Gessing that is will be the best Monza reproduction in the racing sim history.
    How it's going the work on rewrite multiplayer code?

LeDude83 likes this.