1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

I think their console will be basically a pc given what they expect it to do. No reason it won't run sims as well as pc.

Pcars2 has come leaps and bounds since release. I'll never understand the hate the Assetto community has for it. I race assetto, ACC, Pcars2 and iracing. The UI in pcars2 is second to none but I prefer the ffb and road feel from iracing and acc.

The new arcade title is a definite step backwards though.

Also, I've never met anyone who chooses not to race in vr. That's like owning a Ferrari but choosing to drive a Toyota. Why do you choose not race in vr?

Slowbloke likes this.
  2. AbeWoz

AbeWoz Rookie

Let’s not forget that the ‘full arcade’ pC2 simulates more stuff than AC.

morpwr69 and Slowbloke like this.
  3. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I started to get more easily fatigued (played in VR for 6 months), until I could no longer play for longer than ~15 min before feeling nauseated. I tried to push it last time and almost throw up. It's a bit embarrassing, but it's the truth.
    Maybe on paper, but I've yet to notice any of it. However it was the poor audio design (cars sounding like leaf blowers), lack of dashboard lights for TC, flashing headlights and online bugs that ruined the immersion in the end.

4. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Funny how it was good enough for you for 100's of hours - you were pretty vocal pro PC2 back then too...

5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

People attack what they fear, what they perceive as a threat.

SMS are a large development team compared to other sim developers. The sim racing market isn't big enough to sustain a team that big - they have to work on other projects. They worked on the Red Bull title between PC1 and PC2. They are working on the mobile game and the Fast & Furious game between PC2 and PC3. Its just commercial reality rather than a step backwards IMO.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    kro and robbo6 like this.
  6. Yep, that has to be it rather than because this is the second time that SMS promised a diamond and delivered a lump of coal instead.

LChaves, nate, Nick Moxley and 7 others like this.
  7. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Anyone who says it's full arcade hasn't taken a car around a track.

I just don't understand what anyone gets from hating for the sake of hating. Why not enjoy all that's on offer? Weird.

robbo6 and Mike1304 like this.
  8. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Pity you couldn't get thee VR to happen. I have friends with the same issue.

Have you tried ginger or mint tea, having a fan blowing or weed? They're supposed to help.

9. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Maybe it's just me, but I don't play arcade titles anyway, so I don't care what they do.

A business has to make money.

10. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

That's crazy. The game is great! Have you tried it since launch? Have you used the jack spade ffb files? It's got it's flaws like all sims do, but it's a very worthy title.

11. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I don't want to turn this thread into my personal vendetta, but I played for 553 hours to be precise. However I could only endure so much torture before I had to call it.

Also at that time (v1.6) most of the public lobbies were a wreckfest and when they removed the option to votekick players (griefers and rammers) in public sessions, they left me with no choice but to retire.

I've not logged on to their forums since ACC was launched, but having browsed through the Steam forums, it's clear that a myriad of bugs were left untouched much like the first game.

However it was not all bad. The VR performance was acceptable (even with my potato), cars looked good on the outside (apart from the "blank" custom liveries) and their dlcs paved the way for me falling in love with Porsche.
    o_O
    I did try with a large table fan last summer, but I think it's just my eyes.

12. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I was basically VR only for about a year and half, but recently just went back to 2D. I still like VR, but there's something about not being confined to that headset I really like. I also like being able to see my own hands and hardware. I didn't realize how much that mattered to me, or how much I miss the smooth graphics and frame rates. Most of all, I missed the variety of titles. Too many good ones don't support VR or, like with ACC, the VR experience just isn't very good.

As for PCars2... I do actually enjoy it, and think it's definitely worth having in the library. I don't think the handling is as good as some other sims, and I don't buy into the "PCars is so advanced" hype, though. Sure they have some features others don't. But they aren't always integrated well in terms of racing experience. Overall, the physics and handling are just okay, but nothing impressive and that's what really counts for a sim, not partially integrated time and weather transitions. But as soon as I hear the "superior" or "more "advanced" about any sim, I kind of tune out. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

But, like I said, I enjoy it. What keeps from playing it more is the horrible car audio. Many of my favorite cars sound like crap in PCars and it ruins the immersion.

LChaves likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

In order to receive support, please ALWAYS zip and attach your "logs" folder, otherwise we can't help!
    You can find it in the "Assetto Corsa" folder located in your Windows Documents folder ("Documents\Assetto Corsa" path)

Tis seems a bit odd in a thread about pcars2 :D

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@Raklödder hasn't actually attacked or hated on anything in here. He voiced his critical opinion about the next SMS title and the company's approach to doing business.

Then there are the attempts to drag the discussion into the world of deep emotions pseudo-facts, yet again.

Atak_Kat likes this.
  15. isamu

isamu Racer

Peter Dee I wouldn't waste my time here arguing with these trolls and haters brah. They obviously haven't played the game and haven't given it the chance it deserves. Fact of the matter is, PCARS 2 is incredibly fun to play and the car physics are....*gasp*.....BETTER than AC! There I said it! Better, plain and simple.

Anyone who has driven all the cars to a certain degree will tell you they are very responsive, intuitive, communicative and most importantly more enjoyable to drive than the stock default vehicles in AC. Coupled with Jack Spade's FFB custom files and the experience is second to none. And lets not even get into the absurd replay value PCars 2 offers thanks to it's wonderful and fleshed out career campaign, something AC is lacking in spades. I put over 500hrs into PCars 2's campaign and completed it 100%, and that's just with one driver. I'm thinking of starting over with another driver, because that's just how enjoyable the campaign is to me. The game is amazing.

So don't bother going 'round the bend with these haters Peter. They're elitists trolls who are looking through their AC fan goggles and consider the game the absolute holy grail and nothing will ever come close for them(this coming from a VERY big fan of AC).

bobken, Slowbloke and Emerson like this.
  16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

i love this forum. made my day. thank you!:)

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Does this still happens or has it been solved?

sissydriver likes this.
  18. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Does it still use script weather? Having the weather repeat at each venue each season, kind of killed the replay value for me. The other problem was the AI don't seem to be effected by the wet the same as the player.

Conversely (and not a matter of which is better, just saying), I just setup an F1 Championship in AC using Content Manger, with all the real F1 2018 teams (plus Rosberg and myself on fictional Team Bentley), with random time of day and weather settings, and individually customized AI difficulty and aggression to match the real world grid, and it's awesome with total replay value, because the weather and time at each track is always different each season. The ability to customize the grid like that is just outstanding, as well.

So I don't see one being terribly better than the other. They're just different, each with it's own level of enjoyment, based on what you value. As an F1 fan, PCar1 and 2 delivered very poor showings in that area. The open wheel experience in PCars is just weak, compared to other sims, like AC, AMS, and even R3E.

That's why the which is better argument is so lame. Which you prefer has a lot to do with what you value in racing and in a sim. Thunderstorms, ice, and rally don't do anything for me.

Also... the stock default setups in AC are drivable and don't require tuning. PC2Tuner was created because the default setups in PCars2 are horrible. Jack Spade settings exist, because the out-of-box FFB isn't that good. And the audio is known to be weak. Is it an enjoyable title? Sure. But the problem with PCars2 isn't the sim itself, it's the constant talk and sell of it being this advanced title that no other sim can come close to. But it's just as flawed as any other sim. And misses the mark in quite a few places.

19. robbo6

robbo6 Gamer

what some AC fanbois don't understand is that calling a rival sim "simcade" or more ludicrously full "arcade" is utter nonsense and shows colossal ignorance of the terms and what they mean. Anyone who uses the terms "simcade/arcade" in relation to PC1+2 are using it the way a child calls someone "pooh pooh head". It's just juvenile behaviour of the worst kind.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

feels god to not be a fanboy and enjoy more titles than one. :)

Freddie Seng and Haiden773 like this.