1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What's the actual purpose of these forums?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Jan 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Meow, now we're talking! Thanks for the update! Also a big shoutout to AC Support for being super friendly! :p

2. Turk

Turk Alien

Mostly multiplayer I would guess, maybe some other things thrown in. I don't think the changes are front end changes, we're not going to see something completely different from what went before. It's just this version will work as intended.

th3o likes this.
  3. This latest version of the code (0.6) will include the new multiplayer?

4. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes, like others I'm becoming tired of posting the same issues over and over and still nothing changes.
    So for now I just play the game like it is at the moment, and just relax. I'm over 100 hours now, and I don't want to stop any soon. :p

5. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am doing the same. Just enjoy the game and letting the guys do the work. I also assume that my feedback is read, i dont need any response to it or see an immediate fix. I reported something and my duty is done. I can not know what their timetable for working through the list of feedback is, so maybe it will get addressed later on. I am a very patient man.

6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

As pointed out above, ideally the end-user should not notice a (negative) difference on the front end, it is a restructuring deep down that allows features to work in a way that is ultimately easier to debug and build upon.

In an ideal scenario, and what we are working towards, the following release will bring what already worked, gets rid of some dead ends that we hit and also implements and paves the way for new features to continue on our roadmap for the full release.

7. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Sounds like good news.

Just one question, for next release can we expect the same multiplayer option as this version but on the new netcode? Or will it be postponed a bit more? Not asking for being pushy, just because if people know hwat to expect they get all more positive in waiting along, providing feedback and spotting eventual crashes.

Raklödder and sissydriver like this.
  8. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Setefano we miss you. We love you. Can you please post something to reassure us that your talent is still being used here? So many great YouTube videos discussing specific aspects of AC developpement. I miss all that.

9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else, is the re-write more or less friendly to third party modding? I understand it won't be officially supported either way but AFAIK it should be possible if someone figures it out or is this more restrictive?

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I really dont think 3rd party modding is even considered which is why its not officialy supported.

This would mean modders work on their own to work things out and if code changes then they have to deal with this. If the code is easier or harder to mod with wouldnt be a concern for them when its not an official feature.

They dont need to compromise any code paths to make it more mod friendly and also no dev time is needed to focus on this.

11. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Good points, fair enough.

12. Well in Epic sore they have plans to run moding section for all UE based games. Maybe someday we will see something interesting for acc too there? Who knows.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Fairly sure they said they wouldn't purposefully make it harder for modders so if anyone is clever enough to make mods work they can.

I think switching to a new engine and an officialy licensed Blancpain game meant it was unlikely to have modding as a feature. Beyond ACC who knows, if there was to ever be another more general title like an AC2, even though I think this would be at least 3-5 years after ACC and possible expansions. If they were to use the unreal engine then making a more open modable platform would be more likely from Kunos.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sure he is!
    Also became pretty good at delegating ;)

D.Jankovic, Ischemica, LeiF and 8 others like this.
  15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Hmmmm
    https://twitter.com/505_Games/status/1093876790555234305

Tberg likes this.
  16. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Not sure how to read your "Hmmm". Either you're saying they are communicating and I just don't see that or you're saying that it looks like they're interested in how to improve their communication.

17. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Maybe he implied that they could make more effort in here than in other places?

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

:D

19. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

From what i can tell, the community manager for AC(C) hasn't signed in here for almost six months.

It should presumably be taken as a compliment that we're so well behaved it's not necessary to manage us.

Other Kunos staff may respectfully disagree :)

Karsten Beoulve and sissydriver like this.