1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kondor999, Jan 21, 2019.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^^^

Ideally,... FFB is based on physics, so they are the same.

I don't use any artificial effects, none needed in a good sim, like ACC.

Maciej Malinowski and f_deutsch like this.
  2. em guys. if you find it bumpy, then make the fast compression and extension softer.
    If you think theese cars are too way nervous on curbs, then increase car's heights, if you think it's too slidely just make suspension softer.
    If you suffer understeer, then try a rake setup.
    If you can't manage to have two laps with theese tips then... break earlier or go play granturismo.
    (thug life) this comment refers to the Webster fakeview discussion

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Looks like this needs to be repeated:

4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I do agree with you.
    In fact I think the opinion of anyone who drives matters.
    Its just ONE person/racer has said its no good after 1 hour of testing a VERY FIRST release of EA, of which most that hour will have been spent setting it up, so to me it doesn't really matter what he thinks.
    I have never played a computer game/sim yet that is the same as really life and never will, as driving a real car is very different to any PC game no matter how good it is.
    But that doesn't mean I am going to base 'my' opinion on what someone says or thinks, especially someone who has not given it a chance.
    That also doesn't mean that its no better than PGR.

I think we all need to give it chance and wait for the final release before being too negative or even positive.
    And that goes for noobs, experienced and real racers.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I think the big problem here is that if you think the opinion of a real life driver matters, which one do you believe (and why?) as they seem to have opposing opinions. One thinks it's rubbish and he can't drive more than a couple of laps without crashing whilst the other thinks it's pretty good and seems to be able to regularly lap quickly.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

That seems to be the case quite often; the former "Stig" said all sim's are complete rubbish - except for Pcars1 & Pcars2 . . . so, yeah.

I think most RL race-car drivers would respond with "none of them" when questioned about the most realistic simulation. Many might even agree with sim-racer's that say each title has it's strengths / weaknesses and there is no one "most realistic" title. Now compare a typical arcade-racing title to a Simulation and yes, you will likely get some agreement regarding realism. :)

Even with RL Pro-drivers, there may be a substantial dis-connect between reality and perceived realism in simulation based on many factors. Different people cue into and focus on different information and may completely miss some cues that are key factors in communication between driver and car for others. It's the same reason we see some players saying visual cues OR, audio cues OR, FFB-cues OR, motion-cues are leading indicators of grip loss. In theory, all of them play a part in providing vital information but, it's also very possible to focus on just one or two at a time and do quite well. Although, take away the visual feedback, and we're all going to struggle with basic driving. o_O:)

f_deutsch, Nahkamarakatti and pons like this.
  7. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Opinion : a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    Qualified Opinion: statement issued after an careful audit by a professional.

What type of opinion did you think that that particular driver expressed.
    I did not say GT3 drivers ,I said GT3 driver. A gt3 driver can offer a qualified opinion which can contain a lot of information, or a GT3 driver can offer an opinion that contains no useful information.

Speak to a race engineer and see what they may say about drivers opinions. I remember some engineer in some video a long time ago saying that the best drivers give great feedback on a cars performance and that makes their job much easier.

I would suspect that Kunos would prefer us to supply more qualified opinions on ACC rather than opinions.

ps. no need to beg, it does not suit you :)

8. I don't care about this useless discussion. I just wanted to underline that the idea of qualified opinions itself is a step back to the middle ages.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I remember Patrick Dempsey (yes the actor/racing driver) on his show 'Racing Le Mans' that he was sick as a dog when in the simulator. Also I remember Christian Fittipaldi said you cant simulate the feeling in your backside of what the car can do in a sim, which is obvious. So yeah sims are not for some race drivers and at least we have ffb to give us some clues.

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

11. If someone still believe in realistic simulation in current generation of racing games, then Nicki Thiim channel at YouTube is a cure. "its just a game, i am here to entertain you guys".

dek likes this.
  12. dek

dek Racer

I think it is also necessary witch" GT3 driver" says something. First , is he involved in Sim developing and witch one is it? Second there is a very wide GT3 driver field in the world. Not everyone who is driving a GT3 car may be able to give a good feedback on what is driving how. Even in rl , there are ones that know what a car does how to approach setups and ones that can only drive and have no clue about the technical side of it.
    As a hobby Racing Driver and License owner on my own ( GLP Nordschleife and a bit of Spa and Zolder) I know what I'm speaking of and see it very often.

So as ever it is important WHO said WHAT and under wich circumstances in my opinion.

In Sim Racing there a things that you can use in real live, like Track and line learning, flag rules, breaking points etc, ( for example, the Nordschleife permit you have to go through when wanting to take part at the 24h race, is on simulator , too and even for Le Mans you have to do som sim testing ) but the feeling and feedback you get in a SIM compared to a real car is much much different.
    I know about many racers who do simracing some of them for pure fun and others for Track knowledge or training the reflexes. As mentioned above Nicki is one of them or Rene Rast or several others.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    mr Switchblade likes this.
  13. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

And yet a guy playing these games goes and beats real F1 driver in a real car.. Go figure.. :)

chksix, D.Jankovic and mr Switchblade like this.
  14. trutya

trutya Simracer

but on the other hand there are a lot of good sim-racers who became good real-life racers. like Ordonez in Blancpain, or Michelisz in wtcc-wtcr...

15. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Isn't that the same hand actually? :D

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  16. trutya

trutya Simracer

i smelled some sarcasm in your post :)
    wasn't it there?

17. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Actually no. I am a true believer that skills from sims passes through to real life. :)

18. This horse is still not dead? o_O

19. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I am sure that are qualified opinion currently GT3 drivers that are have knwolegde of simracing that like ACC. So I find is statement strange. Maybe he isnt a simracing guy.

And this mean to be a Simulation not a game. The software simulate real conditions, car performance and behavior, tracks, rules, weather, etc.
    Of course it is currently limited by personal computers power and it depends of the hardware you using.
    With all the hardware getting avaiable for masses like motion rigs, direct drive wheels, pro pedals and shifter, VR, I will say it is coming closer to the pro teams simulators.
    Looking back it have been a hell of evolution. And goes on.