1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is the average age in this forum?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, Feb 7, 2019.

?

Average age / How old are you?

1. <10

2. 10-14

3. 15-19

4. 20-24

5. 25-29

6. 30-34

7. 35-39

8. 40-44

9. 45-50

10. >50

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Why do younger drivers make faster drivers ? I can understand this in real life , but how does it make a difference in sim racing?

2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Young drivers are more reckless in driving than older people,same translates to life older you get more careful you get and you play the safe card all the time :)

anthonylroy likes this.
  3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

52 here and lately I have to watch my eyes as at my temp job there are a lot of cute nurses although some of them already think of me as a dirty old man:p

chksix, sissydriver and D.Jankovic like this.
  4. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

How old are you?

When you get older your vision gets worse. (i'm blind in one eye and 20/40 in the other). Your reactions get slower. Your brain slows down. Your eye-hand coordination gets worse. Your memory slows down. You get weaker. (think FF) Everything seems to be going faster than you can keep up with, so you have to slow down. The longer the race the worse you'll do. It's harder to concentrate and focus.
    This affects us differently and how fast you are when you get old also depends somewhat on how fast you were when younger. You're not going to get faster. You're struggling to just hang on to what you have.

5. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Your vision definitely gets worse, buts that is only your eyeball not your optic nerve, your reactions can be slower but you can improve them, in fact i am over fifty and my reactions are almost as fast as when i was twenty (use the A4 sheet drop test). You brain definitely does not slow down, you just consider more things :). your concentration depends on interest , for older people you tend to think you have seen it all before so don't concentrate as hard as a younger person who sees it for the first time. I and many older people can be just as strong as when there were in there twenties. I think younger drivers are better because they are fresher and there minds are open to new things, much more than older drivers, i think that's the biggest difference between young and old.

Andrex likes this.
  6. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Give it time. Come back when you're in your 70's. I know what I could do at your age and what I can do now. In GPL i'm still faster than guys 1/3 my age but that doesn't mean I haven't slowed down. I have no idea how fast I would have been in sims when I was in my 20's. I was 56 when I started sim racing. I was racing real cars when I was in my 20's but can't compare that to sim racing.

Turk, Deatroy, Cote Dazur and 5 others like this.
  7. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Just on the verge of hitting 60 myself and find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with @Pete Gaimari
    I also have MS, which sort of screws around with reaction time, ability to concentrate , etc etc but it doesn't take the fun out of simracing and, fortunately, never stopped me admiring Pete's '49 tailpipes in GPL :D

8. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Turning 50 this year but for now I’m not in the last category of this poll. Guess I should enjoy it while I can And while my reaction times have slowed and my amount of spare time has lessened, at least my earning power has peaked meaning I finally have the rig I’ve always wanted

Turbo_Dad and sissydriver like this.
  10. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thread cleaned, please stay on topic.

11. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

You're right. My bad.

Just car stuff from now on.

12. dek

dek Racer

I think it's different to every person. Some feel it sooner, some later.

13. laart2005

laart2005 Rookie

Approaching my 8th decade. Retired and racing ac1 o/l at SRS, so perhaps I have raced with some of you on this forum. With my older and slower brother, it’s been an excellent way to keep my reflexes up to snuff, and more than once the skills learned have surfaced in the ‘real’ world.
    Looking forward to ac2 becoming another avenue to mid-pack banging and bashing, and maybe, if I am lucky, a real race may just break out.
    Keep it up Kunos, it is a great ride.
    Thank you, it’s a trip!
    Jim
    Slobros/old men with hats racing

After_Midnight, warth0g, LeiF and 4 others like this.
  14. Ælleden

Ælleden Gamer

I'm glad to see a lot of +30 guys here, a good community is important for a good game

15. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

I'm surprised only 11 youngsters under 19.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  16. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

so, should we conclude that 40box drivers are the majority then? wouldn't mind considering I am part of the crew :p

Micii1 likes this.
  17. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

the more i read some threads(not this indeed) the more i think the average age is 5 years.......

jaxx_za likes this.
  18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

That old,... ???

You are insulting 5 year olds.

19. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Wow that's a surprise
    Im 26 here, expected to see an average of 30 to 38, but lots of people with 40 or 50+, glad to see people sticking on their dreams ;)

20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm genuinely surprised that almost 50% are above 40 and nearly 2/3 are above 35:eek: