1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. So you think they are liars? They said they were looking into it earlier in this thread... I think that they would have remained silent if they weren't looking into it or they would have said - we have no plans for this.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

Common sense is generally pretty useless when it comes to things like software development. What does the common man really know about how it works?

We'll just have to wait and see I guess, I'm going to stay on the positive side until I hear otherwise.

3. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I guess the optimistic view is that they've had to pester Epic to support this and are waiting on them. How much clout a relatively small publisher such as 505 has in terms of UE development is anyone's guess. Not an awful lot would be mine.

The worst thing any developer can do in these cases is even hint that something is coming when it's not guaranteed. Failing to deliver would be met with a sh!t storm about 'broken promises' and similar nonsense.

4. Luckily they didn't. They only said they were looking into it.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

Well it's not just them looking for it. They're not even the only sim looking for it. I think epic would want to be able to show their engine on the best hardware.

6. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

We must not forget: Kunos developers are longterm simracers.
    They know exactly what we want and what is needed in a sim.
    They expected the same things we oh so "true" simracers expect from them today.
    What do you guys think is the reason they are now developers?

I have no doubt that they will try to plug something into the Unreal Engine.
    And looking at what they did in the past, i am confident they will deliver.

7. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

And yet almost three years after Pascal launched, supposedly significant features - including those which would benefit triple screens - aren't available in the main UE branch.

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Hagen muhahahahaaa, the Video is epic :):):D:D:p:p
    The little Monitor, Bell, how the guys Look so many years ago, the sense of humor :cool:
    Thank you a lot for this gem :)

9. Octane

Octane Simracer

THEY said, "a triple monitor dedicated support isn't something we can guarantee".
    If it isn't implemented by now the odds of it making it into the game are slim to none.

Raklödder likes this.
  10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Why?

Turk likes this.
  11. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Weird I just found xHyper's post (somehow it managed to go under my sim-radar), but no, it doesn't look good: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/50856/page-11#post-1002844

I always thought of Kunos as being the kings of programming, but apparently my trust may have been misplaced and it seems to boil down to it not being "natively supported" in UE4.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they already have come up with an in-house solution to your guys problem; but with that logic, we should've known something by now?

Octane likes this.
  12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Speculation or a feeling can't be an answer.

mr Switchblade and sissydriver like this.
  13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Just wait and see

sissydriver likes this.
  14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

My words:

sissydriver likes this.
  15. Globespy

Globespy Racer

Perhaps there's a way to implement Triple support, however I think that instead of blind faith/hope that they will do it, perhaps a splash of realistic probabilities might be more in line with this title.

Triple support on UE4 has been a long debated issue for some years with not much in the way of answers.
    Apparently the UE4 v4.21 might have some hope (link attached on 'Ndisplay'), but that's not the UE4 version Kunos chose (they have 4.20.2) and there's likely going to be a tougher path to add it, if at all.
    The same could be said about Oculus's upcoming ASW 2.0, which may be able to save what is one of the worst VR implementations in a SIM I've even seen - it's mostly unplayable (with other cars and weather) even on the best consumer hardware available.

You don't need to understand the UE4 engine as as developer to get a feel for just how much trouble other developers seem to have been having with not much in the way of resolutions.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Rendering/Rendering-to-Multiple-Displays-with-nDisplay - note that it's explicitly expressed that this is not recommended to be used for final release packages and is experimental only. And not applicable to ACC given the quite insane hardware requirements explained in the docdument. :)

As someone has already pointed out, Kunos are good developers, and as such they must have done their due diligence on all these features before settling on an even older UE4 version.

Maybe things will change, but for any serious SIM enthusiasts who rely on strong triple/VR support, you only need refer to publicly available information to come to the realistic conclusion that Kunos knew exactly what they were getting into and what was possible/not possible.
    And look elsewhere in the meantime, instead of holding onto nothing but vapor and unsubstantiated hope.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Octane and sps_for_race like this.
  16. Globespy

Globespy Racer

17. Kartkraft creators cant implement triple support as well. As for vr i am sure things will be fine. At list because ACC will be multiplatform game and Sony have ps vr :)

18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

How do you know ACC will be multiplatform ???

19. @lordpatou from YouTube reviews. As i rember game will be released for the next generation of concoles. But there is no info on wikipedia about it. Its really strange.
    Just found this:
    “A lot of people are asking us about if the game will be available also on console, PS4, and Xbox One. And the answer is that we’ll try to do that once we reach the ultimate level of development and optimization of the game… we’ll try to see if the performance on the console — on the current generation of consoles — is good enough to achieve the level of simulation we are producing with the game,” said Kunos Simulazioni’s Marco Massarutto during the SRO Motorsports annual press conference.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Ok, nothing official then.Unless a lot of optimisation,i wonder how kunos will managed to make ACC playable on PS4 hardware.