1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Help improving lap times...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pizzaboy150, Feb 10, 2019.

1. pizzaboy150

pizzaboy150 Rookie

Hi All,

Been playing Assetto Corsa for a little while now and decided to have a go at the career and immediately saw that I am far worse than I though I was.

I cannot for the life of me get my car round the first track as quick as the ai…. :(

I keep staring at the replays trying to see where I am going wrong with luck.

I have attached the video below of my fastest lap from 2 angles. Can anyone take a look and let me know where I am going wrong? all criticism welcome.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Lap time indicator does not show when I'm improving Oct 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room [help] having trouble improving lap times Aug 15, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting Improving trees (foliage vs. instanced static mesh) Apr 16, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [improving] focus area and far size Dec 30, 2020
    ACC Physics I'm improving race setup, BUT drives poor with 10 ltrs? Nov 3, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Improving SR in single player mode. Jul 9, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Question - Improving CC May 26, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Thoughts in improving tyre width collision? Feb 20, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Improving gear whine noise in AC? Jan 29, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Tyre Sounds need improving Jan 11, 2017
    Suggestions Smoke, Particles, and Broken Glass Really Need Improving Oct 8, 2016
    Suggestions Things I'd like improving! Sep 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Sound is still improving? -opinions Aug 30, 2016
    Sounds modding Official licensed sounds that need improving Aug 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Improving the abarths handling Nov 27, 2014

3. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

It's harder to tell from outside. It's better to show from the cockpit. Are you trail braking or just coasting to the apex?

4. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

I forgot to mention this is the ACC forum. You might get a better response from the AC forum.

5. pizzaboy150

pizzaboy150 Rookie

im pretty much coaster through the corners and constantly fighting with understeer. But there seems to be limited setup for this car. I hit my braking point come off as I turn in keep gentle throttle through the corner then try to accelerate out. I do notice though that it feels like im wheel spinning out the corner...

6. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Ok, that's what it looks like you were doing. Do you know what trail braking is? Instead of getting all your braking done before turn in like you're doing now. You brake later. Pretty hard while you're still going straight but at turn in you ease off the brakes. You still keep them on lightly to get slow enough to make the apex. At the apex you should have slowed enough to start to roll on the throttle off the turn.

The trail braking will help you turn the car into the apex too. Coasting should be avoided. You brake to the apex and accelerate off the apex. It takes some touch and practice and you may be slower until you get a feel for it. Keep at it and you'll be faster. Keep it smooth. No jerking off the brake or throttle.

Good luck.

7. pizzaboy150

pizzaboy150 Rookie

That makes a lot more sense I notice the AI always seem to brake much later than me. Ill give it a go, though one question is the same technique for both front and rear wheel drive cars?

8. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

I'm trying to come up with a FWD car that I drove. They tend to understeer a lot. So, you may have to adjust the setup and brake bias to get the natural understeer out of it. Try the brake bias first. You want to be able to slowly turn the car with the brakes without losing it in oversteer.

Make sense?

9. pizzaboy150

pizzaboy150 Rookie

Perfect, ill give it some practice. Thanks for the advice!!!

10. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

You're welcome. I hope it helps you.

11. gandy

gandy Rookie

Im going to recommend Driver 61's driving uni as its a great read and watch as he has vids on youtube as well website base guides. While this is aimed at real world track racing and track days a lot of it does directly translate in to sim racing as well :)

https://driver61.com/uni/

Edit...

Forgot to add this is all free :)