1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #115 – Blowout in Northamptonshire

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.31.276 - X1X

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

dunno much bout the autoshifting - why do you use it?

for the immersion, the fun - never used auto (maybe the first hours testing ac with crap wheel and crap graphics card, cant remember exactly ;) )

365gt and DonZmeuheu like this.
  3. le Bluem

le Bluem Racer

for getting to know a track or car its good imo

365gt likes this.
  4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1.34.909 improvement

1 34 909 115.jpg

my blood is boiling...:eek:;)

5. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

@le Bluem
    It's definitely not the best car to start with, but you have to learn manual shifting. Auto shifting is rubbish, you lose a lot of time with it.
    A nice guide from Aris to understand why is it so important to make shifting ourselves:

6. flyingnugget

flyingnugget Racer

Any setup tips?

What downforce are you guys running.

I’m running about 1.46 lap times on average. Hoping to get below 1.40!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

setup becomes relevant < 1.40 - in my opinion.
    try to brake later. then brake later. :)
    after this try to brake later (this is how i improved ;) - must be not the best for you but i think you can brake later :p)

the modern f1 beasts can brake insanely late and have so much downforce, the speed in corners is absurd....:eek:

8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I’m running 16 front and 12 rear.

But at first I was using 20 front 20 rear until I got used to the car and track.

9. Are you using the super soft tyres? And you will need to shorten the gear ratios, top speed is about 200mph. I'll share my transmission settings if you like, although I'm no expert!

But also, I find Silverstone is a peculiar circuit, in that there are certain corners where you can lose hours, for example Brooklands into Luffield and from Maggots through to the Hangar Straight. Those parts of the track need a special approach. I'm still not flat out through Copse and sometimes drop down to 6th:eek:. But that is my lack of plums. Watching some on board footage will be useful, you will see where you can carry more speed, where to brake and turn in for the fastest exit etc etc. Nothing beats practise!

10. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Great video. Thanks Tibor. Tried a bit this morning and can't do much better so I looked at those gears ratio to get more top speed. I think that's my problem. Along with a few more... but I'll have a go tonight

11. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Try the final ratio at 6.2000

365gt and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  12. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

That's what I have now but I think I'll also change 6th gear. Same 16 front but 20 back.. think I need more practice and see a replay. Maybe I shift too early too late. Will see

365gt and Lewisxbone like this.
  13. I've got too much front wing this evening...
    upload_2019-2-12_19-31-29.png

14. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Warning: I am no expert at setups.

I just fiddle and fiddle some more until the car feels easier “for me” to drive.
    Only saying this because what works for me might be absolutely sh*t for others.
    I’m sure I was using 6.2000 final ratio but looks like I must of changed it. I’ll have a proper look tomorrow when I’m next on the Xbox.
    If it’s over steering knock the front wings down until it feels even or increase the rear but top speed suffers then on the 2 long straights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

StyleF1re, 365gt, sissydriver and 4 others like this.
  15. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-2-12_19-42-43.png
    I took a brave pill and went flat through Copse. I've finally got the line right. One second quicker.
    Now to try to get the other 17 corners perfected.

StyleF1re, 365gt, sissydriver and 6 others like this.
  16. flyingnugget

flyingnugget Racer

Thanks for the tips. I’ll try the short gear ratio, lower tire pressure this evening.

365gt and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  17. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-2-12_21-6-8.png
    Good call on the braking by Sissydriver earlier. Braking much later into the turn and using 5th rather than 4th through Stowe got me nearly a second.
    Great lap Lewis! Better than Massa. Going to try out your set-up, thanks for sharing.

18. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

1:34:096 PC

Been a while since I've done one of these but thought I'd give this a blast.....some way of the pace though....4 months of ACC has got me driving everything like a GT3 car :-(

So KERS, save it for the straights or use it to accelerate out of slow corners?

F138 SS.PNG

19. Good to see you Mike. A tasty start in my opinion and interesting to see the theoretical best. We don't get that on console.
    Great question! Wow! Thanks to my jittery panic in the cockpit find it hard enough to hit the KERS button when the wheel is level. I hadn't considered using it at anytime other than when the car is pointing completely straight! Intriguing.

20. flyingnugget

flyingnugget Racer

Alright this definitely helped. I think at this point I need more of a driver mod per say.

Flyingnugget
    Xbox 1

[​IMG]