1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I think people are underestimating what is being done here as far as what ACC is and potentially will be. It is the first sim really that’s built from the ground up on a modern platform, I don’t think this is just your average game being made and released and forgotten about.

Think of all the other sims, they are all highly developed over a long time but on very old foundations, AC can be considered part of that as well. ACC seems to aim to start from scratch removing any legacy limitations, this is no small undertaking, inevitably there will be hiccups and delays, as long as the end result is a solid foundation then we will all enjoy a very solid sim experience for many years to come just like we did and still do with AC

2. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Not sure what you mean, they clearly stated the pcars1 had issues that couldn't be fixed without a total rewrite and chose to move to a new iteration.

I guess it's normal and a good choice, like here they chose to rewrite from ground up netcode.

Son likes this.
  3. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I was always under the impression that the more significant parts of ACC were an evolution of AC rather than completely new. Particularly in terms of physics, and the DNA of the AI doesn't seem to have changed much either. Hard to claim the graphics engine is new, and at the moment that's seriously lacking in terms of features, performance and image quality.

The extent of the rewrite isn't particularly clear from the various bits of info we've been given, but it seems largely focused on multiplayer.

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I imagine it is an evolution in the sense that you take the principles of what you did and improve on that where you can but all that needs to be writen in the new engine. You aren’t trying to reinvent the laws of physics, just emulate them

TDS likes this.
  5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

So... You would be happier if Kunos had said something like "OK guys, ACC is ****ed up and can't be fixed, but don't worry, we are rewriting it, we will call it ACC2 and we will charge you again for it"?

With nice words, of course. Because that's what matters. Being nice. Isn't it?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

TDS and Thomas Gocke like this.
  6. Ælleden

Ælleden Gamer

Ok so maybe my expectations are too high but, here they are :

Stable MP servers with a "oops sorry lobby is full" window rather than a "fatal error has occured" window.
    Updated and adaptative flags during FP, Quali & Race.
    No starting from the pits
    People respecting formation lap (not Kunos job's here, it's about you guys)
    Maybe warnings ? About track limits etc. to see the bugs that occurs with 'em
    Safety car is way to advanced for now I think, but if they wanna throw a proto of it i'm ready :)

My biggest expectation is :
    >>>> POSSIBLE BINDINGS FOR XBOX CONTROLLER !!!!!
    I want to flash lights, get the blinker, it would make my life so much easier in quali :'(
    Same for brake bias binding, I would gain time in hotlap if I could change Brake Bias throughout the lap.
    And I'm pretty sure it isn't really hard to make bindings for an XBOX controller :/

Otherwise the new track, it's a famous track, not my fav I must admit but still a cool new add in the game

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

There's programs such as AntiMicro that can probably make the xbox controller work for you.

8. pavano

pavano Simracer

Shouldn’t it drop today?
    I’m a bit out of the loop lately, so I ask

9. TDS

TDS Alien

post-poned for next week

10. pavano

pavano Simracer

Oh bummer, but thanks for the info!

sloty and TDS like this.
  11. TDS

TDS Alien

From FB:
    https://web.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/3043979382295026?__tn__=-R&_rdc=1&_rdr

"Dear Early Access users of Assetto Corsa Competizione,

As you might know if you follow our activities on the official support forum, after releasing the first set of multiplayer features we decided to re-write some of the gameplay logic elements related to session handling, race timing and penalties, which manage both single and multiplayer game modes. The decision came in order to make improvements to the overall game structure, and ensure that multiplayer features are as efficient as possible to suit our goals, since they are a highly important component of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Refactoring is never an easy task, but the good news is that the surgery has been successful. The code is recovering well, but we need a bit of time to properly test all aspects of the title to make sure all functionalities and updates that will arrive in the 0.6 release work as we – and you – expect them to.

Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week.

The new build will include the Monza circuit and both model years of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars, 2015 and 2018, which – for the time being – will replace the 2018-spec Honda NSX GT3, previously expected to be released in February, and now scheduled to be included in the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione. The reason for this change is that we simply require more time to finalise the NSX package to provide you the best possible virtual counterpart of this amazing racing car.

To most early adopters, these slight changes should not come as a big surprise, since they are part of an early access programme: nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your patience and the amazing support we have received from you, which is the key reason why we continue to work hard to deliver a simulation game that can meet your expectations. As soon as we have more info to share and a confirmed launch date, we will let you know

Sincerely,
    The Kunos Simulazioni Team"

Ischemica, Ricky Reject and pavano like this.
  12. Bienlo55

Bienlo55 Gamer

Dear Kunos Team, a simple question.

What are you rewriting exactly? The programs concerning the multiplayer section or all the programs of the game?

(I am aware that the multiplayer section interconnects with other sections of the game)

13. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

14. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

also this from here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Assetto.Corsa/posts/

"Dear Early Access users of Assetto Corsa Competizione,

As you might know if you follow our activities on the official support forum, after releasing the first set of multiplayer features we decided to re-write some of the gameplay logic elements related to session handling, race timing and penalties, which manage both single and multiplayer game modes. The decision came in order to make improvements to the overall game structure, and ensure that multiplayer features are as efficient as possible to suit our goals, since they are a highly important component of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Refactoring is never an easy task, but the good news is that the surgery has been successful. The code is recovering well, but we need a bit of time to properly test all aspects of the title to make sure all functionalities and updates that will arrive in the 0.6 release work as we – and you – expect them to.

Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week.

The new build will include the Monza circuit and both model years of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars, 2015 and 2018, which – for the time being – will replace the 2018-spec Honda NSX GT3, previously expected to be released in February, and now scheduled to be included in the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione. The reason for this change is that we simply require more time to finalise the NSX package to provide you the best possible virtual counterpart of this amazing racing car.

To most early adopters, these slight changes should not come as a big surprise, since they are part of an early access programme: nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your patience and the amazing support we have received from you, which is the key reason why we continue to work hard to deliver a simulation game that can meet your expectations. As soon as we have more info to share and a confirmed launch date, we will let you know

Sincerely,
    The Kunos Simulazioni Team"

15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

This release it came a week early. :cool:

All a board!

[​IMG]

sissydriver likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

?

LATE4APEX and carlossanchez97 like this.
  17. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

It, the train of course. My bad english.

Good things take time.

18. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

19. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

20. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The changelog is very much not closed, we have some ground to cover (hence the delay) but also hopefully you'll like some of the additional improvements that will come along with it.

Madsen, p.g.49, Ischemica and 16 others like this.