1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DXR in unreal engine

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by vandella1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. vandella1

vandella1 Rookie

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine Error ACC 1.9.2 May 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 crash Fatal error Line 198 Unreal Engine 0x887A0006 HUNG Dec 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine Crashes 3080Ti OC Nov 20, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting First crash after months: Unreal engine exiting due to d3d device lost Feb 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal error crash launching in VR Jan 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error Unreal Engine [GPU hang] Jan 2, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds unreal engine4 Dec 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal crash after 1.6.5 patch [Corrupted .pak/installation files] Dec 10, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.6.1] Unreal Engine 4 Crash Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting unreal crashes since last or second last update Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost Sep 29, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine Crash since 1.5.5 update [3D device lost] Aug 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting crashes Unreal Engine [multiple unrelated reports and some poetry] Jun 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Crash. Two weeks training wasted... Jun 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting an unreal process has crashed: UE4-AC2 May 31, 2020

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

ACC was one of the titles to showcase Nvidia RTX when that was revealed. Nvidia RTX ties into the DXR API on Windows. So...?

As for how long it'll take - until the devs find some free time to implement it, not while the devs are busy with actually developing the game would be my guess.

Lurkusmaximus likes this.
  4. TDS

TDS Alien

with UE4 updating the engine is always a pita, "everything" break. Wise is the one who choose a version of it and stay with it for as long as possible.

5. TDS

TDS Alien

afaik it was "implemented" by nvidia itself only for that presentation.

They only used still images/animation/stop-motion wasn't ? there wasn't any gameplay i think.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yes, according to Kunos it was implemented by Nvidia. Don't know what that has to do with what I said? Kunos would be the ones to implement it into the game proper and will likely only do so once the game is released. Not a high priority.

They did show it in motion but I can imagine the performance wasn't good enough for general gameplay at that point. Which doesn't necessarily have to do with RTX, considering the general performance of the game on highest settings and how the RTX implementation can perform relatively well in titles like BFV now once it had some optimisation work put into it.

TDS likes this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

what i was trying to say is that kunos maybe will never implement it themselves. Future will tell.

qscftrew likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, it's a possibility. Personally I'd like to see them implement DLSS more (or rather), especially since anti-aliasing in ACC isn't that great in the first place.

Micii1, AlleyViper and TDS like this.
  9. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

There has been some announcement this week on Raytracing execution support in UE4 https://wccftech.com/unreal-engine-ray-tracing-nvidia-rtx/

but looking at how demanding, read massive fps drops even on dedicated NVIDIA RTX cards, it is in some of the games out there using it, I wonder what Kunos will do with that considering the game engine is far from optimised (Overclocked 1080Ti and Ryzen CPU here and yet I am struggling to maintain 60fps on my triple 1080p rig)

10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Guys, let Kunos worry with UE updates, how to implement RTX, DLSS, etc., etc.
    Still, for UE, if you check their forum, UE 4.22 is still in heavy development, the version available is just the first preview and the developers are warned that should not convert their projects for active development on preview builds.

11. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

I'm more hype for these

in particular with mesh auto-instancing the draw calls are drastically reduced.

mr Switchblade likes this.