1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Do you recon that it will be available next wednesday? If not, it´s Ok, good things are always worth to be awaited.

2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

You did it right moving the train into here.
    I was afraid that it became other cying baby that can't understand what early access means/wishing list thread.
    The objective was to people show some support and enthusiasm for you work.

3. Fletcher

Fletcher Rookie

Just a fix to WMR

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm letting my thoughts roam free and I can see...nah let's just see what it's gonna be ;-)

I can wait. Until the update drops, my WOT account will see some love during that very limited amount of time I can spare for gaming.

You're doing a great job. Don't let the internet drag you down...there's still nice people out there, lol.

Son likes this.
  5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Freddie Seng likes this.
  6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

WMR received updated support in a more recent version of the Unreal engine. However, swapping versions mid-development is a big no-no if you only have a few weeks of dev time between builds, so this is yet to be evaulated.

To give you an idea how dangerous a switch can be, a seemingly insignificant but undocumented change to shader calculations in the engine version we swapped to before the 0.1 release meant weeks worth of dev time to rework car materials.

7. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

That's why no one understand why you did not stick to your in-house graphic engine that was rock solid and could have been reworked and updated ! Now you are tied to UE Engine that can be a major PITA to master it or understand updates.

You know that we still have no news about a possible Triple Screen proper support like in AC1, we are still with this stretched nausea image....

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  8. pankykapus

The Unreal engine is capable of a lot of things out of the box that would've required insane development time to achive in our own engine, which ultimately led to this choice for this project, even when it also brought a new experience for us.

If you think it's a mistake or don't like the disadvantages of it, fine, thank you for your input, but it will not help us in improving the game one bit.
    However, if you keep going around in various topics repeating nothing else but that, unfortunately I don't see a reason why you should be part of the support forums.

blanes, Madsen, Thug and 25 others like this.
  9. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

A classic Kunos answer....

Maybe people like me are here to make you react and get answers, but looks like it's not working as you barely answers to very old bugs and UE crash problems that are here since the beginning. Don't forget that everyone here paid for an earlier access in order to help you and report problems, and we enjoyed the initial idea... but we must note that communication is so badly handled. If you can't accept this then ok....

I think you re right, i finaly have nothing more to do here and will let everyone else enjoy this "support" forum.

Gonzalo Rodriguez likes this.
  10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Please don't say 'we', because you're not speaking for me. Instead of asking trivial questions like 'why didn't you stick to the old engine', just check back in a couple of months if you don't like the game as is and let them continue their work.

blanes, lero, ctnich and 18 others like this.
  11. pankykapus

I gave you a sensible answer.

Old crashes and issues are ignored because the rewrite we're doing is a fundamental change, so it'd be like browsing logs for a different game. The crash is irrelevant because that piece of code is not there anymore. Lack of communication is on us, but it is due to the extensive workload on everyone involved in programming and testing, and also the chasm that lies between our development version and the current public version.

blanes, Madsen, manudouet and 28 others like this.
  12. @pankykapus
    Thank you for answers. It's interesting to see things from developers point of view.

blanes, Ischemica, Micii1 and 3 others like this.
  13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Now that is SERIOUSLY encouraging! Can't wait for the next release to drop!

Son likes this.
  14. Turk

Turk Alien

I did no such thing. I bought it because it was cheaper and since buying it I've only played about 10 hours. I'm completely useless as a beta tester.

EsxPaul, blanes, Racert46 and 3 others like this.
  15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Bye, don't forget to close the door when you exit and please, throw the key away, in case you feel the temptation to come again.

16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

*sits up and takes notice*

blanes and Son like this.
  17. some modders out there have to do the same to their mods, for free, on their free time , just because the game developers decide to change or improve their shaders.
    i did it for a mod with near hundred of 3d models , and several times, and was not the end of the world.

but anyway, if your plan is to stay on 4.20 version, can i please ask if WMR users can expect a fix for the UI/HUD , and proper windows mixed reality support for the final version of the game or on future updates.

thanks a lot.

Mad.Motion likes this.
  18. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

As long as it is noted the issues with Wmr (and I am glad to see that at least you are aware of them)
    Along with the risks to update UE version in the middle of a rework,,that is fine,,a sensible answer..
    Which is all what many want to see...a feedback and a short explanation.
    Keep in mind that UI ,menus,blurrines (somehow) lack of Vr optimization,performance,fps,still have plenty to do
    (Surely you are fully aware)but I do not get one thing..how is it possible that. Vr has only been improved
    By users changing the eng.ini (tweaking ) whereas official release versions have done nothing to improve it?
    I assume due to the insane amount of time needed to focus into fixing MP...
    Keep it up... MP is a key part of Acc.it has to be..
    Rgds

19. I hope you understand that the tweaks on the engine.ini improve performance but decrease the visual and effect quality, the goal of kunos is not to decrease quality by default, people with descent hardware and future hardware can handle these defaults setting, sure improvement will be done but when they will have the time to focus on it, it's all about priority.

20. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

I do not agree,,,
    I think the users eng.ini tweaks improve quality..a lot..that is what it puzzles me...
    The performance with or withouth eng.ini tweaks is definitely not good..even for gtx 1080./i7
    I am not sure what the goal of kunos is..but I assume that providing the best visual quality for modern equipments
    With reasonable performance i7/1080/1070 should be ...
    Anyway...let’s see what 0.6 delivers..expectations are high..
    Rgds