1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Paul Sutton, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Great to hear. I have it installed but haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet in ACC. Might as well wait for the next drop at this point.

2. magzire

magzire Alien

Never done that and never had a issue.

Chin and Whitestar like this.
  3. Stains

Stains Simracer

I never update without DDU ;) but it's possibly not needed

dek likes this.
  4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Why wouldn't you click 'clean install'?
    It may work fine not doing this, but surely uninstalling older drivers before putting new ones on is bound to be better for your system.
    After all, its only a click of one button and doesn't take any longer.

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

Why not just run DDU , it only takes maybe 2 minutes more and your guaranteed a clean install .

dek likes this.
  6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I have used DDU for many years and will use it if I run into issues.

Stains likes this.
  7. magzire

magzire Alien

To keep my profiles and settings

Whitestar, Racert46 and Thug like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I export all my profiles into one *.nip file via Nvidia Inspector, disable windows updates temporarily and always perform a clean install. Then you can import your profiles once the new driver is installed.

9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

This is also what I plan to do if I experience problems.

I have always been really paranoid about these things (clean installs and whatnot). But the thing is, since moving to Win10 my computer has been really stable, and a couple of years ago I started to just install new drivers via Geforce Experience. It's the simplest thing in the world. Just clickety-click and done.
    I haven't had one single problem since I started doing it this way. And until I experience a problem I will just continue to do so. Because why not. :)

Coanda likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Whitestar - Personally I am not a fan of Geforce Experience. I tried it once a while back and it caused all sorts of performance issues for me. I think it was auto-tuning etc.. I also didn't like how nVidia were forcing users to install this with their drivers. To be be fair it may have changed alot since then however for me the less nVidia processes running in the background the better + I prefer full control that's why I like Nvidia Inspector. I also don't have alot of games so tuning for me is fun :)

Whitestar likes this.
  11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

That's why I recommended the driver and Physx only to be installed.
    The least the better.

12. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Fully agree, and I would never use it for any kind of performance tuning, I use Inspector same as you.
    The only thing I use it for is installing the drivers, and occasionally desktop recording.

Coanda likes this.
  13. Hi,

A little bit off topic but, I just would like to know if Nvidia Inspectors users use it to optimize Antialiasing and Texture Filtering for ACC and what settings used.

14. Hypersonix

Hypersonix Rookie

I always click ‘clean install’ and always select everything (although I don’t need any 3D stuff) and never had an issue.
    Only thing that has ever caused any problem was not having the DisplayPort cable in the 1st port. My chosen Nvidia colour settings would always revert back to look washed out when in port 2. Quick switch fixed that.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I did enhance AA for a while in AC however not with ACC. I'm not sure its even possible with ACC as it maybe disabled. Depending on your hardware you can try different combos. ie. 8xQ + 8x Sparse Grid. I do not enhance or overide anymore. I found my sweet spot. I believe AC uses MSAA therefore I enable MFAA in nV Inspector. For AC I also edit the the user video.ini file to include the following:-

[VIDEO]
    FULLSCREEN=1
    ANISOTROPIC=16
    AASAMPLES=8
    VSYNC=0
    AAQUALITY=1

For ACC I have edited the user UE4 engie.ini file to include the following:-

[SystemSettings]
    RHI.MaximumFrameLatency=1
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16

I used to do alot more in the engine.ini as TAA is so blurry however since Kunos added the sharpening filter most of that code can be dropped.

As for textural filtering... I turn off Aniostropic filter & sample optimization as well as Trilinear Optimization. I always set texture quality to High as my 1080ti can handle this fine. One thing I always switch on is threaded optimization. One thing you may wish to play around with is line gamma.

Now my turn to go a little off topic. For all DSR users. After I install new drivers I prefer to create custom resolutions that are true 16:9. Such as 2304 x 1296, 2560 x 1440, 2816 x 1584, 3200 x 1800, 3584 x 2016 & 3840 x 2160. This can be done easily through nV control panel. I never enable or use DSR as the factors (1x, 1.25x..) gave me weird resolutions that were not true 16:9. The array of resolutions I create caters for a wide range of games and their performance demands.

I hope this helps a little

Arlo, Olivier Boissel and Stains like this.
  16. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

all drivers after 417.71 broke my freessync compatibility, so i went back to 417.71 to keep freesync