1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Update 0.6 - MP & Ratings Rebooted

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

With the 6th update, we will introduce many interesting additions (besides the iconic Monza Circuit and both Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3s), but it will also be the first public version based on the significant changes and refactoring we decided to go for back in December.
    You will for sure notice small enhancements such as improved camera features, up to possible game changers like the radar widget, performance gains and massively improved overall stability. On top of working on several gameplay-related concepts, we also evaluated much of the experience we had already collected during the first 5 releases in the Early Access programme. For instance, in multiplayer we reworked (if not changed completely the concepts of) the netcode, session handling, entry lists, timing, leaderboards and configuration (server admins: massive changes, see here).
    First of all, it means that none of the reports and bugs for earlier versions are valid anymore, and we need to look if we find new things. But this also means that we applied the same changes to the corresponding singleplayer modes, so most of our efforts actually were aimed at the complete gameplay instead of being restricted to multiplayer.

#1 Multiplayer
    As already noted, the multiplayer changed a lot from a technical point of view, while the end-user experience should be pretty much the same. You will find the same server selection, join a server and go out and drive. Aside from a few menu changes, if we did the job well, you won't find too much of a difference from the 0.5 multiplayer version, except in:

- improved performance (mostly CPU side)
    - improved stability
    - reduced ping peaks
    - no unexpected situations due to invisible server settings

The last point is quite important: unlike the previous versions, we sharply restricted what server admins can configure - the goal is to avoid a situation where for example a StabilityControl user could join a server, notice the grip is low (but the admin only disallowed SC use). We will open up options when the time comes, but the interesting ones (and their consequences) will be understandable in the server list, even before you join a server.

At this point I need to make a note: it is very possible, that some of our official servers will introduce a few different settings, so it's entirely possible that there will be surprises for you - however the servers will be named accordingly.

Server admins additionally will notice that the bandwidth required to run a server is reduced by ~30-40%, depending on the amount of drivers online. Full servers will be close to those 40%. Will be happy to hear how your benchmarks confirm those estimates.

The main goal of our past efforts are to build the foundation of a rock solid multiplayer system, and now is the time to identify things we could not see in our internal tests - but I'm highly confident that you will find yourself in exciting racing action with 0.6
    (and I can't wait to join).

#2 Ratings
    As being said, the focus on 0.6 was clearly put on the gameplay aspects, but we will still see a bit of movement on the side of the ratings:

- Track Competence (TR) now has a slightly improved feedback UI, where you see the total sections/corners to make for the next progress level
    - Consistency (CN) was sharpened a bit (and is the rating with the biggest impact due to the refactoring)
    - CarControl (CC) took the biggest hit; it is a lot easier and a lot harder at the same time now - depending on your personal level. Inexperienced drivers will have a hard time to reach the 50 CC value to unlock PC, but will receive the feedback they should need to improve their driving
    - Pace (PC) is not changed yet, but will be during the next days: So far we had a linear dependency between leaderboard ranks and PC rating; however this resulted in getting 98 or 99 rating for most experienced drivers. After this change, you will find the 50 PC mark untouched, but the higher values are more in line with CN and CC; 98 or 99 will *really* mean something
    - Total (TO) is not changed, but for sure needs a recalibration once we finalize the other ratings
    - General: also within the next days, you will find the new maximum value will be 99 (opposed to 100)
    - General: the 0.6 client has an array of preparations included that allows us to do a sequence of planned changes during the next weeks, so be aware of improvements for RC and the TO rating.

Right now I'm very happy about especially CC - but as usual we will need to look at real world data and reports before we can close this book. Grateful for any feedback and reports.

#3 Ratings reset
    We knew this day would come: With 0.6, everybody will start out from 0. This allows us to precisely see how everyone is progressing through the lower ratings (and also allowed some fundamental changes on the server side).

Note: It's entirely possible that we reset again, but it's also possible that this was the last reset.

#4 Broadcasting disabled
    For the moment, we had to disable the broadcasting UDP interface we introduced with 0.5. We will try to do our best to bring it back as soon as possible, but right now the priority is to make the overall game as good and stable as we want it to be.
    Question for the modders here: Sadly, the interface was made based on the concepts we rewrote with 0.6, so the easiest (and most future-proof) way to go would involve changes in the protocol, which would require changes in the code you've written since 0.5. How do you feel about this?

That's it from my side for today - I hope you enjoy the eagerly awaited 0.6 version.
    See you on the track!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Errors starting the game after update Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Gameplay New Update Jan 25, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Single player championship bug after 1.9.6 update Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Update 1.9.7 now Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New update now Jan 8, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2023 Season Championship/Single Player Update? Dec 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX SERIES S VERSION 1.7.2 NOT UPDATED? Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Update 03/10 Oct 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Update Sep 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New update Aug 13, 2023

3. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Looks great mate.. Really waiting for this one.. Greatings from Finland

p.g.49 likes this.
  4. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

i hope i can configure fully my keyboard and mouse and that mouse steering is still no broken

5. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

Thank you for the status update. It is appreciated. Really looking forward for the next update. Sleep well!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Radfahrer and sissydriver like this.
  6. Really happy you seems to give at stability the priority ! Really exited to test this 0.6. I hope i will play back to this game i love so much... And i began to hate due to his instability and lack of optimisation !
    It will be a new start ! Thanks Kunos, this 0.6 seems to be that i was waiting for !

7. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

CPU optimizations? I upgraded my rig to a 8700K, no need for optimizations now! :D

BTW I'm very sorry for all the whining about the delay which some members thought would motivate you even more...

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Information overload today :D love it...

9. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

Many thanks kunos, awesome simu.
    Good work guys

10. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Can't wait to try everything in this build, finally the wait is being paid off, thanks for all your hard work! :D

11. Anybody else thinking about driving like a proper lunatic between now and the reset, I am.:)

12. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm very pleased to hear that it worked out (and was worth the wait). Feel free to reset our stats how many times as you like. Also good to hear that there has been some CPU optimizations, reduced ping spikes and presumably crash fixes.

13. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

this post is appreciated, I am glad that we have news of the progress, I hope you do not cut the communication with us and keep us informed, take the time you need to work on the update but I would say that you do not put dates, simply to report the development people will be happy. Without communication it gives a feeling of abandonment and the people who are excited about the project start to get annoyed.

I'm looking forward to trying the v0.6, big changes are coming, I have a doubt, will we notice a big performance improvement in VR?

Thank you.

Son and Echo_29 like this.
  14. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

I was waiting 0.6 to release the first version of my broadcast client application :(

No problem, i like challenges and i will wait the new protocol.

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Any sneak peaks?

ZioYuri78 likes this.
  16. manudouet

manudouet Gamer

Thank you for this update,
    I can't wait to see crowed multi server.
    Rating reset will be an interesting way to see these modifications, I'm particularly curious about CN rating, it feels too much session length dependent for now in my opinion.

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  17. Would you mind explaining your findings on CN.

18. manudouet

manudouet Gamer

I can climb up to 83 CN with 2 x 1 hour stint, go down to 63 with short/wet/messy session. Then can't really climb up until I do at least 30min stint, 1h is the most efficient. I will explain it better in the proper section if it's still true with the next build.

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  19. IMHO CN shouldn't be improvable until you aren't driving for at least 1 hour.
    Really looking forward for testing the ratings in 0.6. :)

20. Pani De Pani

Pani De Pani Gamer

I have 87 and never drive for more than 20 min, mostly sprint races and some multiplayer.

Viggdred likes this.
  21. Hello Developers of Kunos,

Fantastic job !!! Appreciating what we will have in the .06 update. Loving the dynamics of the simulator, but something still bothers me: when an opponent touches my car, I totally lose balance and I roll on the track. Even a light touch is enough to cause loss of control. Will this be fixed or minimized in the new version?
    CPU optimization is very welcom. Thank you!!!
    Congratulations on the great work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.