1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Hey :)
    I followed your installation guide but unfortunately there is no "MoTeC folder" being created in my doc/acc/ Folder after I went to any track with any car. Does ACC support this with 0.6 or does it maybe not work with the standard version of i2? :/

2. Speak for yourself. This is wonderful.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@FatalMistake465 - I take your point. Not knowing this information the Bump & Rebound low% & hi% of the histogram will not be accurate.

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Heheheh just a sec m8, you need to wait for the v0.6 release

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You've got 0.6 already?

6. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Lol.. Love your work guys

7. Aristotelis

yes it is :D

8. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I see.. :oops::oops: Thanks for the clarification :D

EDIT:
    Well in 4 minutes, I do :DDD

9. You'd be surprised what you can find when looking at brake and throttle traces. You can think you're on the limit, but then look at data and find you are coasting a bit between getting off the gas and on the brakes (I'm guilty of this). Sure over one corner its not a huge difference but repeat this at every braking zone. And that oversteer math channel is like an insight into a drivers mind when used properly!

When it comes to putting the GT3 cars on GTE tyres, you'd see all the same particularities. Tyres are important but if the set up doesn't allow you to use them properly, you're not going to be able to get them in to the working range and keep them there. GT3 cars are tricky beasts that are far more aero-dependent than people think, and if you don't set up the suspension to give a stable aero platform then you're gonna have a bad time (I was guilty of this too once).

10. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

So, this means that my friend can send his file to me and we can load both and compare our laps in MOTEC?

donShere, sissydriver and Aristotelis like this.
  11. Aristotelis

Exactly

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

As I have said on this thread, it is a great collaboration you have managed here and I am sure it is very appreciated by the community so please don't take this the wrong way as I know it just got released today. I really hope you can release more channels in the future. AC had 123 data channels logged which still had a few small holes ie. no aero therefore recording of the wings app was required etc... Currently ACC minus a few calculation channels only has 28.

To name a few, please consider further data analysis channels I/we would like to see is..

Primary

- Aero downforce (front & rear etc..)
    - Drag
    - Tyre type ind
    - Tyre temps (surface & core)
    - Tyre pressures
    - Tyre loads,
    - Tyre wear,
    - Camber,
    - Toe,
    - Caster
    - Ride heights
    - Fuel level & max fuel level
    - Brake bias
    - ECU map

Secondary

- Ambient temp
    - Track temp
    - Wind speed & direction
    - Raining severity
    - Car damage (when implemented like AC had)
    - Best lap & last lap time
    - Position
    - Flag Ind
    - Brake temps & brake duct setting (when implemented)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    niuqudejuqi likes this.
  13. Atrax

Atrax Racer

I've been wanting this for AC for so long!!! Awesome stuff, need to give it a whirl for sure!
    Thanks guys!

14. Aristotelis

As I said before there are specific reasons why we don't release everything.
    Most important is NDAs and sensitive data
    Secondly also very important is that we want a simple enough data set that drivers can start to use to get telemetry experience and also having something realistic to work with. You can't have tyre loads etc in real life so to say (maybe approximations of math channels)

But to give you an idea, here are some answers to your requests in red bold

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Understood & thank you for the reply. Like a real racer always asking/busting balls for more ;):D

menos | M6 and Aristotelis like this.
  16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I have different worksheets than on those screenshots when I open my file. Is there a preset or do I have to create those worksheets myself?
    Additionally Section Times isn't working (it says "could not find 'Outings:Laps:Track Sections:Default" in Lap 1) and I also cannot generate the track (it says "Could not convert channel data for the "G_LAT" channel to SI Track generation failed. Courld not get data for the "Corr DIST (Unstreched)" channel.") :/

17. Aristotelis

Please read and follow the instructions on the first post.
    Also check if you're not using some old workspace

18. DoublePass

DoublePass Rookie

This is a great edition to ACC no doubt thank you guys so much! I have a feeling it will take me some time to understand everything but still much appreciated! Hopping for some tutorial videos tho lol

19. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I read the post three times now, still might be possible I overread something, but before being able to actually load a .ld file, MoTeC i2 wants me to select a workspace and only gives me the 4 presets "Circuit, Drag, Engine and Rally Workspace" but none of which is giving me the worksheets from your screenshots. If i on the other hand just double click the .ld file I get the following:

moteci2.PNG

20. Aristotelis

So if in the above screen you go to the "menu/Workspace/" you don't find base_ACC workspace to choose from?
    If not, you should copy it as described

David_W likes this.