1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

The Godzillas look great, Monza looks great but a bit more demanding in terms of performance from what I experienced. All in all I like where this is going. I would like a customizable HUD down the line, I don't really like the placement of Radar and the session info cannot be disabled.

That was a true Kunos changelog BTW. Reminded me of the old times with AC :)

Are there any GPU optimizations planned? I am no 1080p with a 1060 6GB and I have a feeling it's barely enough. :/

Edit: One of the mirror settings killed the performance it seems... Now it's not that bad. But the mirrors are still ugly... well... UE4
    Is the temporal upscaling really that good on getting rid of the blur or I have placebo?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. MO86

MO86 Gamer

@pankykapus: is "lookWithWheel" function from cameraoptionsea.json still possible with 0.6?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

3. and in case you ,as developer, are interested, if you use revive , patch and inject .dlls over team\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64

menus and HUD works fine.

combined witn this version of steam VR:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGS8v36mrh7COTDNgDv2fLW1H1LF4Eve/view

give you a decent boost in performace that makes the game work in WMR as it should.

ovbiously making the software think that your WMR is an oculus.

if i were developing this SIM i will lose 20 mis of my live taking a look at it, and try to understand why it works.....

Leynad likes this.
  4. oggi

oggi Rookie

Just tried an MP session and kept getting a brief period of night (2-secs) followed by about a minute of daytime. Gave up at that point.

5. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

First impression: Just awesome:D
    Both Nissans are great to drive, the 2018 version feels much more nimble. I'm loving the sound when shifting the gears, this was also my favourite sound in AC1.
    Now back ingame to discover the other new features

6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Unfortunately the engine version we use does not yet have the native WMR support that the later versions do. Obviously we can't make an engine update in between releases. However, also obviously we have to keep it in mind for the next steps.

7. sid1965

sid1965 Gamer

Is the Pirelli bridge/sign missing just before turn 4 on Monza or has it been taken down in real life?.

OrganDonor and sps_for_race like this.
  8. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Can't wait for the end of the day, can't play for now... :(

9. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Its gone IRL too. :)

10. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

I enjoy this update so far. Haven't try online yet but overall impression is great.
    Btw. Can you steer the camera in free look mode (F7) now? If so, how? My left ctrl is borked and in help section it says ctrl + arrows. Right ctrl seems to do nothing.

11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Thumbs up :
    AI has improved
    Framerate on rain condition has improved ( although I had to tweak video settings , especially mirror resolution and number of cars visible)
    MP has improved
    Replay FPS has improved

Thumbs Down :
    Radio comms ..
    dynamic weather.. I would love to see this in offline mode prior 1.0...
    HUD info broken both in offline and online
    audio in pitbox freezes sometimes.

Overall a 6/7 out of 10
    Given that these guys had to rewrite the code , it is an amazing result...

Hopefully we will see other updates before 1.0

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  12. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

OK. I had to stop the game for a moment before I wet my trousers.
    Qualifying. At the start of my fast lap two cars came out from the pits. I said to myself: OK, my lap is f***cked. Then, after the chicane they.... let me pass. They pulled over!!! On next lap I let them pass and they did that without hesitation.
    And during the race they move constantly, looking for opportunities to pass one another. Crazy.
    The two Godzilla feels great and feels different.
    Fantastic game it will be.
    One meh....during my first online session the game crashed. I hope this was just something extra rare thing which won't occur from time to time.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  13. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Very Quick/Early 0.6 impressions:

- HUD Issues in VR, will investigate more before I report as Bugs.
    - AI still relatively poor (Turn 1/2 at Monza a prime example, they drive through at a snails pace), I'm just hoping there's a lot more AI Coding Work to be done in EA.
    - Human to AI Collisions issue (as reported elsewhere in the past) still there, I barely touch the back of an AI car and it sends my car into a Spin!
    - VR; Alone on track is OK I get 90FPS but it "feels" lower, racing with AI it drops as expected but it's just not smooth at all, even locked at 45FPS (ASW) it's quite stuttery at times and even though the HUD says 45fps it's simply not - something is amiss and this is after a fresh uninstall/reinstall and deletion of AppData & Document Folders. (I appreciate my System is Low VR Spec so I may never get it "smooth" as I'd like, however I'm just not overly convinced the Unreal Engine handles VR very well.)
    - As above these are very early impressions, I'll gather more thoughts as my time with 0.6 progresses.

Disclaimer Before The Haters: Yes I appreciate this is still in EA and I fully understand the process thank you very much (!), I have full faith and support in Kunos to deliver a fantastic product and I'm sure they will. I do appreciate my System Specs are not great with VR and with the demands of a newer game will put strain on my System, that's on me and if after v1.0 and VR Optimisation is complete and It's still not right then I won't complain, I just hope there's more optimisation to come though, fingers crossed!
    Happy Racing :)

luxxx797 likes this.
  14. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I've only been at it for 30 min, but a quick note to anyone reading; you may want to tweak your mirror resolution and quality, because it will eat your fps for breakfast, but boy do 'em mirrors look pretty.

mister dog likes this.
  15. jpeixe

jpeixe Gamer

Can someone help me with the graphics settings? Now there is a new advanced graphics settings but iam not understanding what does some things. Im runing a FX 8300 ans GTX 1060 6GB.

16. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Still haven't been able to try this update, my wheel buttons dont recognise after a reinstall -.-

17. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Uhhh that CPU... sorry for saying that, but you should change that.
    As for the settings: lower shadows, disable upsampling, lower mirror quality/resolution.

18. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I only checked the virtual mirror and it looked the same for me?

Just had my first MP race(quick) and it worked pretty well. Some people were afk at the beginning but overall everything worked without a problem, the only problem were collisions. A guy tried to rejoin the track and ended up hitting me, but nothing happened to me while the dude spun like crazy(on the rear view mirror), or maybe he just actually spun on his own, hard to tell. Also there was a moment that I may have touched a guy from the rear, I'm not sure because I didn't feel a thing, but I clearly saw the guy in front kinda get slightly bumped.

19. trutya

trutya Simracer

a quick question for developers about the temporary shutdown of endurance events: can we expect a hotfix before the final release which includes it, or we must wait for the v1.0?
    thanks!

After_Midnight and SebiTheJoker like this.
  20. Does anybody know if you can move the Free Camera (F7)? If you can, I can't figure out how!